Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sunday Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm not Murphys biggest fan by the way, but it is interesting to see him criticised on here as well. For all he appealed to the refs it must be remembered that he did indeed take an actual punch to the jaw without throwing himself to the ground and holding his face. I think it provides an interesting contrast to McCanns reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

I'm amused by the thought that anyone could think the general disdain for Tyrone's antics last Saturday is borne out of fear for how good a team they are.

Fair play to them for getting through to the All-Ireland semi, it's a great achievement (although it must be said that they've only beaten one team of note and otherwise had a relative cakewalk of a passage), but I don't think anyone would be shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

No he's claiming Hughes pulled his hair. Because he's trying to wind people up because he's stuck defending the indefensible, so pretending to find it all very amusing or chalk it all down to envy is a good defence mechanism.

PS I'm from Kilkenny, I honestly couldn't give a toss who wins the football, and I'm certainly not envious of any county's success, and it's certainly not an anti-Tyrone thing, since I obviously have no grudge to bear there. If a KK man did what McCann did, I would be ashamed of him. He's an embarrassment to himself and an embarrassment to his county. Jayop might be amused by everyone's reaction, but the bottom line is McCann has turned his county jersey into a laughing stock. And if he isn't punished the whole sport will suffer.

GAA in general will suffer. I have a number of friends who aren't really sports fans, but they will often say to me "I'll watch GAA over soccer because they are not a bunch of over-paid pussies falling about pretending to be hurt". If we allow this behaviour, those people will soon stop watching GAA as well.

I can accept all the cynical stuff (I would have done exactly the same as Cavanagh when he dragged down McManus a couple of years ago). Sometimes, it is necessary to be cynical. However, there is never a need to dive - never.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

No he's claiming Hughes pulled his hair. Because he's trying to wind people up because he's stuck defending the indefensible, so pretending to find it all very amusing or chalk it all down to envy is a good defence mechanism.

PS I'm from Kilkenny, I honestly couldn't give a toss who wins the football, and I'm certainly not envious of any county's success, and it's certainly not an anti-Tyrone thing, since I obviously have no grudge to bear there. If a KK man did what McCann did, I would be ashamed of him. He's an embarrassment to himself and an embarrassment to his county. Jayop might be amused by everyone's reaction, but the bottom line is McCann has turned his county jersey into a laughing stock. And if he isn't punished the whole sport will suffer.

Some contrast in reaction to say when Benny Dunne pulled a bad stroke on Tommy Walsh in 09, Walsh hopped straight back up and made nothing of it. If it wasn't such a dirty belt he might have helped Dunne get away with a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

As a Waterford man with regards yesterday i didn't think KK got away with things or played dirty, they were the better team and deserved to win, If anything we got fortunate they didn't get a penalty in the first half. KK win AI's because they are simply better then everyone else and after yesterday i heavily fancy them to win again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Jayop wrote: »
    no I love that the whole county has lost its **** and that Tyrone are the big bad guys again. Shows we're doing something right.

If every single incident in the Tyrone Monaghan game was the other way round we'd still be getting all the crap. McCann would be Getting the attention for pulling hair rather than the dive. It's all bollocks and I'm over it.

The bitterness has got yo such levels now that I enjoy reading the anti Tyrone nonsense.
    Don't flatter yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Would i be correct in saying that Tyrone are only the 3rd qualifying team since 2001 to defeat a provincial champion after Dublin 2001/Down in 2012??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh and I'm happy that you love the spitting, sledging footballers about their dead fathers, diving, cheating etc.

You have a lot of material to keep you happy for a long time.

We're all happy all round!

Point out where I said I'm happy about any of that. I'm happy that everyone is hating on Tyrone again, not at some of the individual incidents that caused it. The dive I've said many times was very poor, indefensible and I've not defended it. During the game if you look at the match day thread I was one of the only people who said Duffy was right to black card Meyler.

I don't remember any incident of a Tyrone player spitting so maybe you can remind me of that one.

The incident you refer to about the dead father thing was an U21 game. I've said many times that if the alleged incident was true then it's an absolute disgrace so again wrong about that one.
    Getting off scot free? Are you saying that Hughes should be disciplined or criticised for the heinous act of tussling McCanns hair? What a strange thing to say.

He pulled his hair, not tussled or touched, pulled. He didn't pull it very hard or very much, but he pulled it. It was a pussy thing to do on a football field and yes, if it was a Tyrone player who did it you'd all be criticising him.

Did it warrant the reaction from McCann, no way.

I'm not claiming Hughes pulled McCann's hair. I'm acknowledging it did happen and the video is there for all to see.

What indefensible act have I defended? Please point it out to me in which post did I ever stick up for Mccann?
    Don't flatter yourselves.

xx

seanhynes wrote: »
    Would i be correct in saying that Tyrone are only the 3rd qualifying team since 2001 to defeat a provincial champion after Dublin 2001/Down in 2012??

Tyrone 2005 beat Dublin, Armagh and Kerry who were provincial winners in the 1/4, semi and final. 2008 we beat Dublin in the 1/4 who were champs. 2013 we beat Monaghan who were Ulster champs.

I'm sure there's been more than just those occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Must be another statistic im mixing up with then coz there correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Point out where I said I'm happy about any of that. I'm happy that everyone is hating on Tyrone again
    yes, if it was a Tyrone player who did it you'd all be criticising him.

Such a boring stance. I have no particular gripes with Tyrone, they are not a team that we are likely to be competing with any time soon and I have no more hate for them than I have for any other country. Trying to imply that any criticism of Tyrone is based simply in bitterness or dislike is pathetic deflection.

Taken on their merits the actions of Tyrone's players yesterday are worthy of a hell of a lot of criticism, smug gloating about "haters" will not change that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭James74

With a initial qualification that (for fear that I bring some of that anti-Tyrone wrath down upon myself), I think McCann's spur-of-the-moment reaction was dumb and now probably regretted by the man himself. But the ire being directed at a young amateur player is getting out of hand. Is there really very much substantive difference to what McCann did on Saturday and what Aiden O'Mahoney did here...

Let's not try to claim that McCann or Tyrone invented cheating/diving/simulation/whatever. If there is a rule change required to deal with cheating then let it be changed at congress. But this chat about suspending the player or getting a county board to apologise for on field actions is complete nonsense. Christ can you imagine the newspapers if every county board had to issue an apology for every indiscretion of that county's matches, we would have to have an encyclopaedic tome published every Monday morning.

Look, it was wrong, it was embarrassing, it was nothing new, it probably does need a rule tweak to do deal with it in the future. He didn't kill anybody, he didn't injure anybody, he didn't end anybody's playing career. Can we please move the feck on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

James74 wrote: »
    With a initial qualification that (for fear that I bring some of that anti-Tyrone wrath down upon myself), I think McCann's spur-of-the-moment reaction was dumb and now probably regretted by the man himself. But the ire being directed at a young amateur player is getting out of hand. Is there really very much substantive difference to what McCann did on Saturday and what Aiden O'Mahoney did here...

Let's not try to claim that McCann or Tyrone invented cheating/diving/simulation/whatever. If there is a rule change required to deal with cheating then let it be changed at congress. But this chat about suspending the player or getting a county board to apologise for on field actions is complete nonsense. Christ can you imagine the newspapers if every county board had to issue an apology for every indiscretion of that county's matches, we would have to have an encyclopaedic tome published every Monday morning.

Look, it was wrong, it was embarrassing, it was nothing new, it probably does need a rule tweak to do deal with it in the future. He didn't kill anybody, he didn't injure anybody, he didn't end anybody's playing career. Can we please move the feck on?

No, you're right, there is zero difference to what O'Mahony did. The point is though (and in a way, McCann is taking the flak for all of what has gone before here) that we HAVE TO do something about this soon or things will go the way of soccer with players feigning injury and diving more regularly. Have yet to see a referee book a player for diving or trying to engineer a free. It has to happen AND happen in a big game for it to have the right message.

On reflection and trying to be reasonable, what is a bit annoying about Tyrone currently is that this seems to be a tactic rather than an isolated incident. O'Rourke may have focused a lot on Tyrone on the show last night, but he was using clear video evidence to show what he meant.

It DOES go on with other teams also though and that should not be glossed over of course.

Such a boring stance. I have no particular gripes with Tyrone, they are not a team that we are likely to be competing with any time soon and I have no more hate for them than I have for any other country. Trying to imply that any criticism of Tyrone is based simply in bitterness or dislike is pathetic deflection.

Taken on their merits the actions of Tyrone's players yesterday are worthy of a hell of a lot of criticism, smug gloating about "haters" will not change that fact.

If it's so boring then why bother replying? :confused:

A lot of the hate on Tyrone has spun from a long running clash with RTE. They keep feeding the plebs lines about Tyrone, starting with Spillane in 2003 with the 'puke football' tag that's stuck ever since despite having some absolutely wonderful footballers. It's been exaggerated by RTE ever since getting worse since Harte has decided to boycott RTE for interviews and the players backed him on that. The attack on Cavanagh and the public furore 2 years ago was scandalous and should never have happened.

At the game on Saturday there was one incident that I didn't like and that was the McCann dive. Everything else I was fine with. Cavanagh was accused of diving twice and it seems to be accepted here that he did. The first incident was when he got an arm around his nect when running at high speed. O'Shea said it was a dive in commentary and I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion. The second was when Finley ran into him when he was on his knees. Finley kneed Cavanagh in the back and thumped him in the head. The reaction from that wasn't to say anything about Finley setting out to hurt a player, but rather than Cavanagh dived and stayed down too long.

Sorry, but that's utter bollocks one sided criticism. Hence why I said that if every single incident in that game was reversed and Tyrone did everything Monaghan did and Monaghan did everything Tyrone did we'd still be taking the flack about it.

Everytime Tyrone look like they might get close to winning something the hate ramps up. O'Rourke on the Sunday game was a joke, and that's why I enjoy it when this crap starts. It shows we must have a decent team again.

No, you're right, there is zero difference to what O'Mahony did. The point is though (and in a way, McCann is taking the flak for all of what has gone before here) that we HAVE TO do something about this soon or things will go the way of soccer with players feigning injury and diving more regularly. Have yet to see a referee book a player for diving or trying to engineer a free. It has to happen AND happen in a big game for it to have the right message.

On reflection and trying to be reasonable, what is a bit annoying about Tyrone currently is that this seems to be a tactic rather than an isolated incident. O'Rourke may have focused a lot on Tyrone on the show last night, but he was using clear video evidence to show what he meant.

It DOES go on with other teams also though and that should not be glossed over of course.

Point out one other dive a Tyrone player took? Even the incident that he highlighted McCaliskey ont he half way line wasn't a dive. He took a thump went down, when he was down the monaghan fella started dragging him. He was already getting up when they still had the ball.

Somehow this equates to a dive. It's silly.

As for doing something, yeah I agree. It could be cut out easily. But you can't decide to do it for the first time at semi-final stage because it's a team you don't like.

At the start of next year they should say that any diving caught on camera will lead to a one match ban for first offence and a 3 match ban if caught twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

If it's so boring then why bother replying? :confused:

A lot of the hate on Tyrone has spun from a long running clash with RTE. They keep feeding the plebs lines about Tyrone, starting with Spillane in 2003 with the 'puke football' tag that's stuck ever since despite having some absolutely wonderful footballers. It's been exaggerated by RTE ever since getting worse since Harte has decided to boycott RTE for interviews and the players backed him on that. The attack on Cavanagh and the public furore 2 years ago was scandalous and should never have happened.

At the game on Saturday there was one incident that I didn't like and that was the McCann dive. Everything else I was fine with. Cavanagh was accused of diving twice and it seems to be accepted here that he did. The first incident was when he got an arm around his nect when running at high speed. O'Shea said it was a dive in commentary and I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion. The second was when Finley ran into him when he was on his knees. Finley kneed Cavanagh in the back and thumped him in the head. The reaction from that wasn't to say anything about Finley setting out to hurt a player, but rather than Cavanagh dived and stayed down too long.

Sorry, but that's utter bollocks one sided criticism. Hence why I said that if every single incident in that game was reversed and Tyrone did everything Monaghan did and Monaghan did everything Tyrone did we'd still be taking the flack about it.

Everytime Tyrone look like they might get close to winning something the hate ramps up. O'Rourke on the Sunday game was a joke, and that's why I enjoy it when this crap starts. It shows we must have a decent team again.

A Tyrone player could be decapitated and on Sky Sports Darragh O'Se would say "the Tyrone player was using all his experience there." Says it every frickin' time Tyrone get a free, all through the qualifiers. I accept Tyrone players dive sometimes but not every bloody time there's a foul.

aveytare wrote: »
    A Tyrone player could be decapitated and on Sky Sports Darragh O'Se would say "the Tyrone player was using all his experience there." Says it every frickin' time Tyrone get a free, all through the qualifiers. I accept Tyrone players dive sometimes but not every bloody time there's a foul.

O'Se (I don't know why I said O'Shea last time) said several time during the game that Tyrone players were diving or using their experience when everyone of the incidents was nothing more than a straightforward free. I don't remember even a Tyrone free coming from the old grab the back's arm and pull yourself down trick that's the most common cheating in the GAA.

I couldn't really understand it from him, but I wasn't surprised and even less surprised that people watching the game lapped it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He pulled his hair, not tussled or touched, pulled. He didn't pull it very hard or very much, but he pulled it. It was a pussy thing to do on a football field and yes, if it was a Tyrone player who did it you'd all be criticising him.

I'm not claiming Hughes pulled McCann's hair. I'm acknowledging it did happen and the video is there for all to see.

What indefensible act have I defended? Please point it out to me in which post did I ever stick up for Mccann?

xx

He did not pull his hair. The two lads are laughing, Hughes tussles his hair (he doesn't pull it, he gives it a tussle, if you are saying otherwise you're just being disingenuous, and feck acting), McCann hits the ground like he got tasered. Claiming it was pulled is trying to provide mitigating evidence explaining why he acted like that. But even that thin bit of evidence is entirely fictional.

The only bigger disgrace was that the ref, standing right there, was incompetent enough to fall for it. Presume that's the last match he'll be getting this year anyway.

He did not pull his hair. The two lads are laughing, Hughes tussles his hair (he doesn't pull it, he gives it a tussle, if you are saying otherwise you're just being disingenuous, and feck acting), McCann hits the ground like he got tasered. Claiming it was pulled is trying to provide mitigating evidence explaining why he acted like that. But even that thin bit of evidence is entirely fictional.

The only bigger disgrace was that the ref, standing right there, was incompetent enough to fall for it. Presume that's the last match he'll be getting this year anyway.

Is it bollocks providing mitigatation for the dive. I look at them as two seperate things. The hair pull, which was a pull from a player who was acting the knacker all game, trying to wind lads up grinning like a clown and a terrible dive which shouldn't happen under any circumstances. In the last page i've said this a few times but maybe I need to say it again for your benefit.
    The dive I've said many times was very poor, indefensible and I've not defended it.

Did it warrant the reaction from McCann, no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Getting off scot free? Are you saying that Hughes should be disciplined or criticised for the heinous act of tussling McCanns hair? What a strange thing to say.

Let me start off by saying I'm not in any way condoning McCann's actions. I do think he deserves to be punished for the overreaction ... However, the hair pull/tousling was completely unnecessary from Hughes and he was obviously looking for some sort of a reaction from McCann.

While it doesn't warrant a red card, I'd say the sheer stupidity of it doesn't warrant the card being overturned. There is simply no need for any player to raise his hand at another player. And while the rulebook doesn't account for stupidity, Hughes equally deserves to learn a lesson about putting himself in unnecessary situations.

• Advertisement

mooonpie wrote: »
    Let me start off by saying I'm not in any way condoning McCann's actions. I do think he deserves to be punished for the overreaction ... However, the hair pull/tousling was completely unnecessary from Hughes and he was obviously looking for some sort of a reaction from McCann.

While it doesn't warrant a red card, I'd say the sheer stupidity of it doesn't warrant the card being overturned. There is simply no need for any player to raise his hand at another player. And while the rulebook doesn't account for stupidity, Hughes equally deserves to learn a lesson about putting himself in unnecessary situations.

All things aside, what punishment under the current rules should Mccann get? AFAIK there isn't a rule for this type of thing and I hope they bring one in pronto.

O'Rourke was talking about "bringing the game into disrepute" but to the best of my knowledge that's simply a soccer rule and the GAA doesn't have an equivalent. Even that rule in soccer doesn't cover diving anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭zetecescort

O'Se (I don't know why I said O'Shea last time) said several time during the game that Tyrone players were diving or using their experience when everyone of the incidents was nothing more than a straightforward free. I don't remember even a Tyrone free coming from the old grab the back's arm and pull yourself down trick that's the most common cheating in the GAA.

I couldn't really understand it from him, but I wasn't surprised and even less surprised that people watching the game lapped it all up.

It's the default position of any kerryman in the media to fore warn the referee of their next game on their opponents "style" of play.

Well there is that too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Point out one other dive a Tyrone player took? Even the incident that he highlighted McCaliskey ont he half way line wasn't a dive. He took a thump went down, when he was down the monaghan fella started dragging him. He was already getting up when they still had the ball.

Somehow this equates to a dive. It's silly.

As for doing something, yeah I agree. It could be cut out easily. But you can't decide to do it for the first time at semi-final stage because it's a team you don't like.

At the start of next year they should say that any diving caught on camera will lead to a one match ban for first offence and a 3 match ban if caught twice.

Darragh was very annoying w.r.t Tyrone frees. Every time they got one he essentially accused them of diving. Bad analysis at best, something a bit more nefarious at worst.

The incident you're talking about with Cavanagh, Finley definitely clipped him and should have been sent off. Cavanagh spent a long time down and then sprinted for the ball showing no ill effects immediately after.

McAliskey had a similar incident where he was half clipped and went down heavily, appeared badly hurt but quickly hopped back to his feet and went off on a mad sprint to get the ball and kick a narrow wide when he got no free.

When people mention diving they appear to be talking about incidents like that. It's probably not diving per se as both players took contact, but I find it hard not to look at the two incidents and say players aren't exaggerating a bit.

I don't think it's a particularly egregious act either way tbh. Wasn't mad about the McAliskey one as it was a bit blatant, but Cavanagh was entitled to take the piss a bit after Finley's nasty stroke.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Darragh was very annoying w.r.t Tyrone frees. Every time they got one he essentially accused them of diving. Bad analysis at best, something a bit more nefarious at worst.

The incident you're talking about with Cavanagh, Finley definitely clipped him and should have been sent off. Cavanagh spent a long time down and then sprinted for the ball showing no ill effects immediately after.

McAliskey had a similar incident where he was half clipped and went down heavily, appeared badly hurt but quickly hopped back to his feet and went off on a mad sprint to get the ball and kick a narrow wide when he got no free.

When people mention diving they appear to be talking about incidents like that. It's probably not diving per se as both players took contact, but I find it hard not to look at the two incidents and say players aren't exaggerating a bit.

I don't think it's a particularly egregious act either way tbh. Wasn't mad about the McAliskey one as it was a bit blatant, but Cavanagh was entitled to take the piss a bit after Finley's nasty stroke.

Agree 100% with that. The digs Cavanagh got from Finley will have hurt. He was down for long enough to recover though so him running straight away after isn't anything to complain about. Don't forget that about 10 minutes before that Cavanagh had already got a knee in the lower back in the same spot Finley got him.

McAliskey looked like he got a dig and went down probably hoping to ensure the ref/linesman seen what happened. When it was clear nothing was going to happen he was back on his feet. It was exaggeration in that instance but like you said I don't mind that because if you get a dig off the ball it's generally the only way that an official will see it.

What was your take on the Meyler black? In the game thread at the time I thought Duffy got it right. Then at half time I kind of changed my mind but I'm not 100% sure now. The Sunday Game team were emphatic in saying it was correct but it's a really tough one to call. The panel at half time on Sky said it should have been a free to Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Agree 100% with that. The digs Cavanagh got from Finley will have hurt. He was down for long enough to recover though so him running straight away after isn't anything to complain about. Don't forget that about 10 minutes before that Cavanagh had already got a knee in the lower back in the same spot Finley got him.

Yeah that's a funny thing that popped into my head earlier. If a guy has been fouled and needs treatment it's held up as a negative against him if he then goes flying off for the ball straight away, but he's surely entitled to get as much treatment as he needs to be ready to be up and running if someone has just fouled him badly!
    McAliskey looked like he got a dig and went down probably hoping to ensure the ref/linesman seen what happened. When it was clear nothing was going to happen he was back on his feet. It was exaggeration in that instance but like you said I don't mind that because if you get a dig off the ball it's generally the only way that an official will see it.

I'd have to watch it back but it didn't look great that particular one.
    What was your take on the Meyler black? In the game thread at the time I thought Duffy got it right. Then at half time I kind of changed my mind but I'm not 100% sure now. The Sunday Game team were emphatic in saying it was correct but it's a really tough one to call. The panel at half time on Sky said it should have been a free to Tyrone.

I actually thought they could both have gotten black cards, and I don't even know if I'm serious or not. I said at the time they both half committed black card offences.

Hughes definitely moved as if he was going to block Meyler off, but before he got a chance to fully do it Meyler swerved into him and then compounded it by pulling Hughes down on top of him.

I'd have read it that Hughes was going to block Meyler off so should have gone, but Meyler also cynically ran into Hughes and ended up pulling him down so no complaint there either.

If you had to pick one or the other I'd probably have black carded Hughes, but it was a weird and funny incident.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I actually thought they could both have gotten black cards, and I don't even know if I'm serious or not. I said at the time they both half committed black card offences.

Hughes definitely moved as if he was going to block Meyler off, but before he got a chance to fully do it Meyler swerved into him and then compounded it by pulling Hughes down on top of him.

I'd have read it that Hughes was going to block Meyler off so should have gone, but Meyler also cynically ran into Hughes and ended up pulling him down so no complaint there either.

If you had to pick one or the other I'd probably have black carded Hughes, but it was a weird and funny incident.

It was a strange one. Hughes initially ran towards Meyler and looked like he was going to clean him out and I'm sure Meyler though that too. At the last minute though Hughes put his arms up and kind of stalled his run and Meyler took a step towards him. That step Meyler took was what made me think it was the correct decision. It wasn't that it was a cynical pull down but rather one where Mayler was putting the arm up/out to protect himself when he though he was going to be clattered but Hughes stopping made it look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They are not that big, they were in the 00s.

They have made an All Ireland semi where they are underdogs. They haven't won anything yet. So the idea that the criticism is based on bitterness at their success is amusing.

There's a bit of an anti Tyrone and anti Ulster thing that goes on though, mostly just whinging so best ignored.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

seanhynes wrote: »

From the very first round? Maybe.

Armagh in 03?
    Donegal beat Galway in 03 assuming they were Connacht champions.
    Fermanagh beat Armagh in 04, not sure if they went out in the first round.

As the Championship has become more lopsided and uncompetitive it's something that will become rarer and rarer, Tyrone was hardly a shock result.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭JRant

K-9 wrote: »
    There's a bit of an anti Tyrone and anti Ulster thing that goes on though, mostly just whinging so best ignored.

I think most people are just sick of the continual controversy that follows this particular county around.

As for this anti-Ulster thing that's supposedly going on, I just don't see it.

Donegal rightly received many plaudits for their fantastic performances over the past couple of years. Last years semi-final win against my lot being a prime example.

Most neutrals were delighted for Monaghan winning 2 Ulster titles in 3 years and Fermanagh got great praise for their performance 2 weeks ago.

Tyrone deliberately set themselves up as a cynical, win at any cost team. This has been going on for over a decade. It can hardly be surprising if there is a backlash against them now.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement