Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Homelander wrote: »
    I do agree. It's total crap now but still compelling. Just have to try not and compare the earlier, realistic and grounded seasons with the absurd b-movie it's become really. The attention to detail just isn't there. Massive plot holes left, right and centre. But....still hugely entertaining.

Even that episode, James handing Rishad the gun, publicly, which is used to then literally kill someone.....that act alone would warranty an extensive plot line in earlier seasons but it's just glossed over for narrative convenience. I still really enjoy it, but it's fallen far from the first season or two. It used to be like an urban Sopranos, now it's like a trashy exploitation flick.

I agree, I enjoyed the early seasons. There was just so many moments last night when I was just laughing at how ridiculous it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Apologies, I thought it was only a 10 part this season.
    Unearthly wrote: »
    I was in the same boat as you yesterday until someone told me.

10 parts now, the remaining 5 will air in January. And then 48 hours after the final episode, the first spin off will premiere - Power Book II: Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

10 parts now, the remaining 5 will air in January. And then 48 hours after the final episode, the first spin off will premiere - Power Book II: Ghost

Can't believe their making a spin off. It's not a show worthy of a spin off.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

50 Cent say he has up to 5 spin offs in the works.

Not just one, potentially others as well - no idea what Book II will be about apart from Mary J Blige being cast in it. 50 has also said he wants to do a series about Kanan as well and how they all got together originally (probably the more interesting spin off to be honest).

• Advertisement

It's great TV :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

The way they were able to gather up millions of dollars dealing on corners in 24 hrs is ridiculous. A governor campaign that can hand over $1m in cash is beyond ridiculous. To top it off why do you need to clean money through a crèche to payoff the Mafia? Clean money goes into bank accounts not bags of cash.

Crazy nonsense. But I guess enjoyable when brain is firmly switched off

joe_99 wrote: »
    The way they were able to gather up millions of dollars dealing on corners in 24 hrs is ridiculous. A governor campaign that can hand over $1m in cash is beyond ridiculous. To top it off why do you need to clean money through a crèche to payoff the Mafia? Clean money goes into bank accounts not bags of cash.

Yeah the best way to enjoy it is don’t think too hard, it’s the most enjoyable hour of Tv around at the moment IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

They are drug dealers. Big drug dealers. Not hard to get cash from that.

I'm enjoying this season, definitely one of the better shows atm.its not ground breaking but it's still compelling.

tototoe wrote: »
    They are drug dealers. Big drug dealers. Not hard to get cash from that.

I'm enjoying this season, definitely one of the better shows atm.its not ground breaking but it's still compelling.

Less than 24 hours 1 million in cash from a few strippers in a club and a few corner boys. Campaign funds withdrawn from a bank in cash? 1 million in cash counted and cleaned through a creche. Watches, jewellery and wallets from a few rich people turned in hundreds of grand in cash in minutes? You can argue it's entertaining but not plausible.

• Advertisement

The show went from gritty to soap opera from about season 3/4 on so take it with a grain of salt it is still a very fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I thought you were taking the piss with that title. What an awful name for a show

Unearthly wrote: »
    I thought you were taking the piss with that title. What an awful name for a show

No unfortunately I’m not and what’s even worse is the title is clearly a spoiler for this season

:pac:
    Mommy is going to the teach you the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ridulious

That could tie in with the spin off series. Ghost book two, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

My eyes still haven't fully rolled back after watching that ending last night.
    I was really hoping Uncle Tommy would have just let him drop.

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    My eyes still haven't fully rolled back after watching that ending last night.
    I was really hoping Uncle Tommy would have just let him drop.

Agreed

That could tie in with the spin off series. Ghost book two, is it?
    I hope not because I don't think I could watch a spin off series with boring as **** Tariq as the main character. Still keeping fingers crossed he'll be dead by the end of this season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I hope not because I don't think I could watch a spin off series with boring as **** Tariq as the main character. Still keeping fingers crossed he'll be dead by the end of this season :D

I think it could well be.
    The rest of this season now could well be Tasha teaching him 'the game' and then a season climax of Tariq killing Ghost and taking over full time. Maybe after Ghost has killed Tommy too - all the competition wiped out

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think it could well be.
    The rest of this season now could well be Tasha teaching him 'the game' and then a season climax of Tariq killing Ghost and taking over full time. Maybe after Ghost has killed Tommy too - all the competition wiped out
    Oh man don't be saying things like that cos it will probably happen that way haha. I just hope someone blows Tariq away before end of season, be that Tommy or a drug deal gone wrong - just anything to get rid of him. He isn't a believable gangster in any shape or form and never will be. Imagine a series of listening to him mumbling his way through every episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm out, I'll follow it through reviews. Great show at the start, once
    50 was killed off
    it never really recovered in my opinion. Just gone too unbelievable for me anyway.

Tariq couldn't lead a series. A lead needs a likeability factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Tariq couldn't lead a series. A lead needs a likeability factor.

Even Dre would be better

The internet isn’t for everyone

I hope Tariq gets bumped off. Seriously, kids in TV shows ruin them to a degree. Off the top of my head, Anthony jr in the Sopranos. What a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

As I've said previously I still love the show because it's pure popcorn for the brain, but god it's gotten outrageously dumb. Even
    Tommy confronting Ghost about the hitter - Ghost feebly says it wasn't him after being accused, but neither him nor Tommy even engage in any sort of meanginful debate about it at all whatsoever before deciding to kill Jason. Eh...OK.

Imagine if Sopranos had slid this badly. Tony would've wacked Phil with a Hind Gunship while conducting a public affair with his wife.

It was always fairly far fetched ..........an almost celebrity nightclub owner who was a major player in the drugs game ............ a huge secret he's Ghost despite half the gangs in the city knowing it.

It was always great TV but it was never gritty, hard hitting stuff. It was cinemaesque stuff.

LOL with that ending this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thank god Lakeisha is gone. Poor cash though.

• Advertisement

Yeah she was better as a sideline character.

Advertisement