Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

So I ended up watching this out of curiosity, having thought the last season of Power was abysmal.

This is....a lot better. It's still quite absurd and far fetched, but the new characters are pretty good and somehow, the writers actually made Tariq actually somewhat likable, as opposed to me wanting him dead every second he appeared on screen in Power.

I can see it going down the same road as Power though - into a land of completely ridiculous far-fetched nonsense as they feel they have to constantly up the stakes, particularly given the finale.

Overall it was decent. Definitely a lot better than the last season of Power. It's kinda funny they even called it Power: Book 2, when it is 100% Power Season 7.

Raising Kanan could be decent also, fingers crossed. As it's a look back thing it surely can't be too farfetched as we know about him, Tommy and Ghost's set-up back then to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Homelander wrote: »
    So I ended up watching this out of curiosity, having thought the last season of Power was abysmal.

This is....a lot better. It's still quite absurd and far fetched, but the new characters are pretty good and somehow, the writers actually made Tariq actually somewhat likable, as opposed to me wanting him dead every second he appeared on screen in Power.

I can see it going down the same road as Power though - into a land of completely ridiculous far-fetched nonsense as they feel they have to constantly up the stakes, particularly given the finale.

Overall it was decent. Definitely a lot better than the last season of Power. It's kinda funny they even called it Power: Book 2, when it is 100% Power Season 7.

Where can you watch this in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

wadacrack wrote: »
    Where can you watch this in Ireland?

Netflix

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Netflix

Don't see Power Book II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

wadacrack wrote: »
    Don't see Power Book II

It's not on netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Book will be based on Tommy and it has put a nice cast together.

Power Book IV: Force
    Starz has set its main cast for Power Book IV: Force, the third installment in the Power universe. Lili Simmons (Banshee, Ray Donovan), Gabrielle Ryan (The Haves and the Have Nots, Bonding), Isaac Keys (Get Shorty, The Oath), Hightown alum Shane Harper, Kris D. Lofton (Ballers, Empire), Anthony Fleming III (Prison Break, The Beast), Lucien Cambric (Chicago P.D., The Chi) and Tommy Flanagan (Sons of Anarchy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) are set as series regulars opposite Joseph Sikora in the series from Courtney Kemp and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Lionsgate Television.

Power Book IV: Force centers around Tommy Egan, played by Joseph Sikora, after he cuts ties and puts New York in his rearview mirror for good.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/power-book-iv-force-lili-simmons-gabrielle-ryan-kris-d-lofton-tommy-flanagan-starz-series-kris-d-lofton-isaac-keys-anthony-fleming-lucien-cambric-1234693892/

Power Book III: Raising Kanan starts July 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

So, if they've moved on to Book 3, does this mean that the current one with Tariq is now finished?? Bit of a waste of time if it is, left it in the middle of nowhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Has anyone given book 3 a go, raising kanan? Have to say I am 5 episodes in and it's very enjoyable. Some of the side characters don't offer much but the main characters are good.

I'm going to wait till the season finishes see what the reviews are like

It's on episode 7 and episode 8 is put Sunday I believe so a few more weeks to go before it's over.

I've enjoyed it so far. Got a good season 1 to 3 of power vibe to it before it got diluted with unlikable characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Much rather book 3 to the other ones. The first one w a s brilliant for 2 seasons, 3 was OK but went downhill from there.

Really enjoying book 3, couldn't get over the fact Raq is the same girl from Madam Secretary.

Power Book IV: Force

Starts February 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

That one I will be looking forward to if we're getting Tommy as a main character.

Still not sure why they went with all this "Book" stuff - "Book II" and "Book IV" are straight-up seasons 7 and 8 of the main show.

They could've just called prequel Book III "Power: Raising Canan".

Power Book 4 Force

Tommy's story in Chicago.

Trailer

Starts February 6th

Power Book 4 Tommy started last night.

I liked the Tommy character so I think I will give this one a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

For anyone who has watched “Raising Kanian” is it worth a watch? Does a young Ghost and Tommy appear in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Can i just jump into the Tommy series? I haven't watched any of the others yet

• Advertisement

I enjoyed it. There's no Tommy or ghost as kanan is only like 15ish I think. It's a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

Yeah I seen that. Reading up on it, apparently the character “Breeze” will come into it in the 2nd series and if a 3rd is done, young Tommy and Ghost appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Really enjoying book IV. I think Tommy's character is probably the best from the original show so it's great to see where he ends up.

I am enjoying it too. Certainly has a good feel to it of the early power seasons

I have to say I really enjoyed the Tommy season.

Book 4 season 2 trailer

Starts September 1st

Advertisement