Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brendaõ wrote: »
    Harsh on Ryder that he didn't make it in. Considering Xavier Woods, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel made it in. Rey Mysterio made the cut, but I'd assume that's to keep kids and lucha fans happy.

More or less half the slots still haven't been named. Hold out hope for Ryder. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thankfully it's Cody Rhodes and not this stupid Stardust crap. Haven't watched wrestling since he became that stupid thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Thankfully it's Cody Rhodes and not this stupid Stardust crap. Haven't watched wrestling since he became that stupid thing.

Best thing Cody's ever done imo

krudler wrote: »

Not at all he has enough charisma not to paint like an idiot. Dashing Cody Rhodes was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hopefully Stardust is DLC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

krudler wrote: »

I really like the gimmick, but I hope it actually goes somewhere beyond off-the-wall backstage skits however.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reganio 2 wrote: »

THAT'S where you draw the line? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

THE IN GAME FOOTAGE BEGINS!
    But as predicted its an entrance.

• Kids in the audience
    • OLD LOGO!
    • A lot more figures in the crowd, rather than just the first three rows. Only look marginally better, but its just the crowd. Still better than FIFA.
    • Mouth actually looks like a mouth
    • It's an actual outfit. The collar and zips are close to his neck, rather than just glues to them.
    • The lighting rig and spotlights above the ring is new as far as I can remember. I can't remember ever seeing an actual spotlight shine the lights on the crowd for an entrance.
    • Commentary is still ****

And Orton.

Definitely looks like him and has his mannerisms, the shirt and gear looks glued to him though.

You also get a brief glimpse at Josh Matthews who has apparently been replaced by Joel Gertner.

69tZSj.jpg6wDV8i.png

• Advertisement

Goldust WWE 2K13 for comparison

They finally realised he doesn't paint his entire head. Entrance animations are the same though.

After how many years, and after 2 different publishers, they still haven't figured out that the lights flash WITH the music during Orton's entrance - not just at random times

The editor of IGN throwing 2k under the bus:

cd3f19d0823bdc93fb6587f0b4920299.png

He said WWE will probably ship a broken game and (attempt to) patch it later.

Sensible thing would be to delay it into January/February, but given the amount of money they'll make from people buying the game as a Christmas present, it'll never happen.

Even if they pushed it into late November they would have been fine, but it's probably too late for that now. Games usually 'go gold' 2-4 weeks before release, which would be the end of September for them.

Sensible thing would be to delay it into January/February, but given the amount of money they'll make from people buying the game as a Christmas present, it'll never happen.

Even if they pushed it into late November they would have been fine, but it's probably too late for that now. Games usually 'go gold' 2-4 weeks before release, which would be the end of September for them.

Long stopped following the Video Game industry. But yeah Christmas is a concern but I think quarterly reporting is a bigger deal to WWE especially with this year being forecasted as a record money loser due to the WWE Network launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

It can't be as broken as Battlefield 4 was when that shipped last October.... :pac:

rovert wrote: »
    Long stopped following the Video Game industry. But yeah Christmas is a concern but I think quarterly reporting is a bigger deal to WWE especially with this year being forecasted as a record money loser due to the WWE Network launch.

The game is going to sell plenty anyway, its one of the lesser talked about yearly games that sells just as well as some others.

FIFA, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and others are all Christmas games along with WWE. Sure it was one of my presents every year from 2002-2011 until I started just getting it earlier.
    Garseys wrote: »
    It can't be as broken as Battlefield 4 was when that shipped last October.... :pac:
    You would be surprised what some people will ship!

The only other thing I would be worried about is if they held back review copies, which we wont hear anything on until mid-October. That would be worst case scenario damage control.

EA are not sending out ANY review copies of The Sims 4 because they know everyone will **** all over the missing features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

You would be surprised what some people will ship!

The only other thing I would be worried about is if they held back review copies, which we wont hear anything on until mid-October. That would be worst case scenario damage control.

EA are not sending out ANY review copies of The Sims 4 because they know everyone will **** all over the missing features.

Except the copies EA are sending to youtubers who won't ****e all over the game (and are being paid to do so).

I'm really looking forward to it regardless but I'll be less than pleased if it's not up to a release standard. (i.e. full of game breaking bugs)

I was afraid they'd ship a flawed game - looks like it's becoming a reality.

There is a comparison video of Orton's entrance from 2K14 vs 2K15 on YouTube. The entrances are the exact same movement wise, there's nothing new. So in effect, the fancy graphics are just skinned over the existing framework models (if thats the correct term).

I think it's time there was a whole different control scheme introduced as well. I spent hours playing Here Comes The Pain on the PS2 at the weekend - the amount of moves that were possible on that were ridiculous! And all executed through one button - c'mon lads at 2K - it can't be that complicated:P

Really fun interviews from the lads at Giant Bomb

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    THAT'S where you draw the line? :P

A man can only be broken so many times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Don't care if they haven't updated the entrance animations. For the most part they were spot on anyway and most people skip them. I'd much prefer if they focused on graphics and gameplay. both of which have been majorly overhauled. New gameplay looks solid and well paced. much smoother animations too and 5 times as many animations in game. Apparently a lot of the delay in showing new gameplay etc. is down to WWE putting an embargo on 2K until they replaced the in game logos with the new WWE logo. which is crap form but not a bit surprising

Its looking like they are a little behind with this game. IGN had to apologize for not having the updates they promised. Also the roster reveal was not complete either. They might be rushing this product out, which is not good.

Complete roster reveal went up on WWE.com after they announced a handful at the conference.

As Rovert has said either here or elsewhere, there's a pretty good chance the career mode begins in NXT and some NXT superstars are in the game. They should be revealed at the NXT PPV.

As Rovert has said either here or elsewhere, there's a pretty good chance the career mode begins in NXT and some NXT superstars are in the game. They should be revealed at the NXT PPV.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's top secret. :p

It is the reason why they went with NXT Takeover name again. "NXT is taking over the game." I've tried to get who is and isn't in the game but it seems everyone is under a non disclosure. All I've been told was a "good portion of the NXT roster will be in the game."

I assume 10-12 males and 5 females so you can wrestle up the rankings to become a #1 contender and then Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's top secret. :p

It is the reason why they went with NXT Takeover name again. "NXT is taking over the game." I've tried to get who is and isn't in the game but it seems everyone is under a non disclosure. All I've been told was a "good portion of the NXT roster will be in the game."

I assume 10-12 males and 5 females so you can wrestle up the rankings to become a #1 contender and then Champion.

I'll guess! All included in the NXT portion

BO Dallas
    Adrien Neville
    Sami Zayn
    The accession
    Mojo rawley
    Aiden English
    Adam rose
    Kalistio
    Justin Gabriel
    Tyson Kidd
    Enzo Amore
    Tyler Brezze
    Big cass
    Charlotte
    Bayley
    Paige

Where's Becky you fecker?

Seriously having Ascension, Zayn, Neville, Charlotte and Sasha would make the game future proof for the next while at least as they are the most likely to be called up next.

Where's Becky you fecker?

Seriously having Ascension, Zayn, Neville, Charlotte and Sasha would make the game future proof for the next while at least as they are the most likely to be called up next.

Anyone who hadn't debuted before around June is a no go to be honest.

• Advertisement

Anyone who hadn't debuted before around June is a no go to be honest.

Becky's jigging from June would cost hundreds of thousands to animate anyway. :P

Advertisement