Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I doubt that's it, it doesn't make sense as graphics have not improved, they look the exact same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sirsok wrote: »
    I doubt that's it, it doesn't make sense as graphics have not improved, they look the exact same.

The game is out soon enough - October 28, 2014. If there was a new game engine we would have seen it by now.

The website mentions additions and improvements rather than an all new game engine too:
    http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/game-info/2k15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

which version is this? Last gen or current gen? it seems like xbox360 graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

We'll know tomorrow anyway. Visual Concepts are on board this time, and they're the ones responsible for the amazing looking NBA 2K14 models.

Part of me thinks if it looked exactly the same, we would have had a gameplay trailer already like we do everywhere.

The other part is used to only expecting small improvements year by year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loughc wrote: »
    Great to have such an updated roster. Slightly worried that the graphics and gameplay seem no different than any other year!

That video is last years game. That's just a concept of how a Beat The Clock challenge may look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That video is last years game. That's just a concept of how a Beat The Clock challenge may look.

Phew! Thank god for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

rovert wrote: »
    The game is out soon enough - October 28, 2014. If there was a new game engine we would have seen it by now.

The website mentions additions and improvements rather than an all new game engine too:
    http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/game-info/2k15

Exactly, as I said earlier, as long as the game stays cross-gen it will be pretty much the same game with the same engine as it has been the last few years with mostly cosmetic changes, with the PS4/One versions just having better graphics.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're going for PS4 and XBOX One over PS3 and 360, but the logos on the site say differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lads.... 6JG8VoJ.jpg

Holy balls look at that!

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/wwe-2k15-story-career-modes-and-more-revealed-ign-first
    Last year, WWE 2K14 electrified with its sprawling campaign mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania. 2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn't spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we'll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you. If the excellent 30 Years of Wrestlemania was any indication, though, the authenticity of the presentation will make these rivalries a treat to play through.

In addition to reliving these golden WWE memories, you'll finally have a true, discreet career mode for your created wrestlers in MyCareer. This mode has been lifted from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE environment. While I didn't think the mode had the right synergy with the NBA, the WWE seems like a logical place to apply it. Imagine replacing all those cheese-ball, amateur hour characters and cutscenes with authentically voiced and mo-capped WWE Superstars. You get the picture. Exact details of the mode are still forthcoming, but we do know that it will be on the current-gen version only. Sorry, 360/PS3 stalwarts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Next gen only you say.... Excuse me while I change my pants....

Lads.... 6JG8VoJ.jpg

Undoubtly this looks amazing but is it just me of does Cena there remind you or Ceasar from planet of the apes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Undoubtly this looks amazing but is it just me or does Cena there remind you or Cesar from planet of the apes?

" I NEED TO SPEAK TO CENA"

"Hustle....Loyalty....Title shots"

" I NEED TO SPEAK TO CENA"

"Hustle....Loyalty....Title shots"

Hahahaha. Brilliant!! Just brilliant!

So ign have announced the special edition as the Hulkamania Collectors Edition,

Here’s a rundown of everything your $99.99 will get you should you manage to get your hands on one of the 25,000 of these being made:

A copy of WWE 2K15
    Premium packaging
    Collectible art card hand-signed by Hulk Hogan
    Exclusive Funko “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan vinyl figure
    An actual piece of the ring canvas from Hogan’s Monday Night Raw appearance on March 10th, 2014
    Two playable pre-order launch exclusive Hulk Hogan characters
    Two playable pre-order launch exclusive Sting characters

The stand outs here are the collectible art and the ring canvas. Lots of collector’s editions have “signed” pieces in them, but Hulk Hogan actually sat and signed each of these himself, one by one. And an actual piece of ring canvas? That’s like if a basketball game came with a piece of the net from your favorite player’s big game.

Pretty cool if you actually fancy yourself a collector of memorabilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

So ign have announced the special edition as the Hulkamania Collectors Edition,

Here’s a rundown of everything your $99.99 will get you should you manage to get your hands on one of the 25,000 of these being made:

A copy of WWE 2K15
    Premium packaging
    Collectible art card hand-signed by Hulk Hogan
    Exclusive Funko “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan vinyl figure
    An actual piece of the ring canvas from Hogan’s Monday Night Raw appearance on March 10th, 2014
    Two playable pre-order launch exclusive Hulk Hogan characters
    Two playable pre-order launch exclusive Sting characters

The stand outs here are the collectible art and the ring canvas. Lots of collector’s editions have “signed” pieces in them, but Hulk Hogan actually sat and signed each of these himself, one by one. And an actual piece of ring canvas? That’s like if a basketball game came with a piece of the net from your favorite player’s big game.

Pretty cool if you actually fancy yourself a collector of memorabilia.
    I shall definitely be getting the collectors edition.. Looks awesome!

That is a Collectors edition well worth getting! Piece of the canvas is an awesome thing to own, and would look amazing in the "man cave"!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

25,000 copies being made so youd get a 2.3 inch squared piece of canvas if my maths be right

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know that's probably just a video or something, as opposed to in game play.

(EDIT: Apparently not. Confirmed as in game real time footage. Jesus....)

600.jpg

Not got the last 2 but this looks a day one buy right now...

5giG6V.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Need to get the price on this! Definatly want this

Need to get the price on this! Definatly want this

$99 in the states.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

$99 in the states.

So probably like €149 here with the paddy tax.

Amazon UK would be the best place to get it, providing its not a GAME/HMV/etc exclusive, id imagine.

I'll be keeping my eye on Video Games Plus over in Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Lads.... 6JG8VoJ.jpg

A good reason to get a PS4 or Xbox One now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is CM Punk in this game? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Tinie wrote: »
    So probably like €149 here with the paddy tax.

Amazon UK would be the best place to get it, providing its not a GAME/HMV/etc exclusive, id imagine.

I think the Undertaker edition was $99 last year and €75 over here

2 initial concerns I have about career mode is it's more likely than not CAW-orinated only, meaning you can't bring someone like Sami Zayn through an epic career from nXt to the WM Main Event.

2nd concern is career modes tend to be very linear and have little replay value. I would like a mix of a career mode with Universe mode and keep the best elements of both types of modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I am just wishing the whole game has replay value, I don't understand how I can sit around for hours playing offline FIFA and not get bored, but after about 2 games of the past few wwe instalments I lose interest after completing the career. I only played wwe2k14 twice, not much more for 13,12,11 etc even the legend game, just to me had little to no replay value

• Advertisement

I've had the game set to the hardest difficulty setting for the last two years. It's the only way I feel like there's a challenge each time. The constant reversals get aggravating, but you can still get into a run of doing the same effective move over and over.

I stopped playing online after matches devolved into running bulldog after running bulldog. Have three lads I play on the couch with instead and we have great craic.

Advertisement