Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

mxph3 wrote: »
    WWE 2K14 was such a meh wrestling game and you could tell THQ were going to go out of business with that game.

Uhmm, WWE '13 was the last THQ game. 2K14 was published by 2K Sports, though both games (and in fact everything on PlayStation since WWE Smackdown) were developed by Yuke's

What has piqued my interest with 2K15, is the rumours that it'll be using the same game engine as 2K's NBA series. I'd hope this means the gameplay is being completely overhauled which, for better or worse, will give the game a "new" feel.

What worries me, is the niggling thought that WWE may have requested the old style career mode was removed in favour of the Universe and Nostalgia modes ... I have nothing to base that on though, and I hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

mooonpie wrote: »
    Uhmm, WWE '13 was the last THQ game. 2K14 was published by 2K Sports, though both games (and in fact everything on PlayStation since WWE Smackdown) were developed by Yuke's

True, but you can argue THQ/Yukes were working on the game before 2K obtain the license for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Sorry, I had an additional point to raise and clearly forgot to :o

Yuke's are apparently the developers for 2K15 as well, so I wouldn't have expected any great overhaul from a change in publisher if everything else is the same.

A similar example is the rugby games developed by HB Studios/EA Canada. Rugby 08 was developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports while RWC 2011 was developed by HB Studios (the same game studio) and published by 505 Games. RWC 2011 was an EA rugby game, even if it didn't say so on the box.

Which is why I mentioned the change in game engine. I think that'll have a much larger impact on WWE 2K15, because Yuke's will have to adapt to the change. Though that may mean we get a terribly buggy 2K15 as it'll be their first game on the engine.

If you remember in the passed they overhauled the game, there was a 2 years break to do it. Now i am not sure what the staffing is like in 2K, but i really dont expect much of a change. There are rumors out there that 2k are alot more in control then what THQ were, alot of people think this gives them free reign to do what ever they want. This is not the case. WWE have the final say on the roster. That Roster has already been picked by this stage. So we will have to see what happens. I love sting but thats still not enough for me to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thats were its going to be hard for WWE, as its just a career mode in one company :(

Add in NXT and they could do a fine job of that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WWE 2K
    We're here at ‪#‎E3‬ giving a select few a sneak peek at what to expect from ‪#‎WWE2K15‬! http://instagram.com/p/pE1xmbn6gG/

CSF wrote: »
    Add in NXT and they could do a fine job of that.

What they could do, is ECW, WWE, WCW, STAMPEDE NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

What they could do, is ECW, WWE, WCW, STAMPEDE NXT.

WWE Network Mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think the only thing we got from E3 last year was an interview with The Miz, so i don't expect them to talk much about the game this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So the promotional material shows Cena, Hulk Hogan, Cesaro and Bray Wyatt on the cover!

• Advertisement

Yes , they actually confirmed John Cena will be in the game :eek: Mind Blown !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Finally, commentary is said to have been greatly improved, with Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Michael Cole recording their commentary together for the first time in the series' history, meaning their interactions and conversations will sound more realistic. Each commentator will record over 30 hours of dialogue to ensure repetition is kept to a minimum.

that's what i like to hear!

It does sound like finally, the commentary will get the treatment it deserves. Delighted to see that they've used the scanning technology used for the NBA series for character models too, so character likenesses should be amazing.

I can't wait to see what the Wyatts / Daniel Bryan's beards look like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

"Was that a tooth?"
    "That's it he's dead"

"I think he's done playing around here"
    "Smart strategy"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

"Was that a tooth?"
    "That's it he's dead"

"I think he's done playing around here"
    "Smart strategy"

"here it is.....The Pedigree"

eh michael, i just did a side slam......with dolph ziggler.....against john cena!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

The games without commentary were fine. Iirc the the early Smackdown games had none. Can't remember if the a N64 ones did or not. Good commentary is not a deal-breaker but bad commentary is awful and a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If a sports game gets the commentary right nothing beats it. I love the commentary in the UFC series for example, it's sounds perfect and feels like they are actually watching the match up. I always struggle to find why the WWE games get it wrong so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If they really want authentic they should have JBL in there too.

Great to hear that they're extending the cut-off date for content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

If a sports game gets the commentary right nothing beats it. I love the commentary in the UFC series for example, it's sounds perfect and feels like they are actually watching the match up. I always struggle to find why the WWE games get it wrong so many times

Well the real life commentary has been abysmal for years so there's that.

• Advertisement

According to Game Informer, WWE 2K15 will incorporate Visual Concepts' scanning technique currently used in the NBA 2K series, with superstars who look "leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts".

While this is good and works for other games like NBA, this could greatly affect the Create a wrestler option, making the CAW look 3rd rate compared to that of somebody on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

According to Game Informer, WWE 2K15 will incorporate Visual Concepts' scanning technique currently used in the NBA 2K series, with superstars who look "leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts".

While this is good and works for other games like NBA, this could greatly affect the Create a wrestler option, making the CAW look 3rd rate compared to that of somebody on the main roster.

The CAW's always looked third rate, no matter how well you made them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure in NBA 2k14 you had to create your own basketball player and go from there and that was good

The commentary in the 2K basketball games is great so hopefully more of the same from the 2K wrestling games.

Some screens have appeared online.
    http://www.ringsidenews.com/mobile/photo/album/53354/wwe-2k15-screen-shots-revealed/

Genuinely hope these are from the ps3/xbox360 version of the game, because the models don't look great at all. So far, it's looking like more of the same...

The models look exactly the same as WWE 2k14, even so far as Daniel Bryan has short hair. I hope this is 2K trolling! The models are still totally out of proportion too, huge big upper bodies, with 6 packs rippling on everybody.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They have to be fakes they're just WWE 2k14 screens rehashed!!

Loughc wrote: »
    They have to be fakes they're just WWE 2k14 screens rehashed!!

Exactly what I'm thinking (*hoping)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Those are definitely 2k14 screens

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they seem pretty legit. The cut-off point for most of these games in terms of current rostor tends to be Wrestlemania the year it was developed, with lenience given to costume changes and the sort in the few months before release. As I said before, this is a cross-gen game, it'll be the same as SD VS RAW 2007 (I think) when it was released on both consoles, same game except one looks prettier than the other. Easiest comparison is FIFA 14, same game, but the one on PS4/XBOX-ONE looks slightly prettier, yet it's still one of the highest selling this year of 360/PS3 and the highest selling game on both XBOX ONE/PS4

• Advertisement

I'm certain now that those are 2K14 screens.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?574886-WWE2K15-News-from-E3-(First-Roster-Update-Commentary

Seemingly, Game Informer broke news on Wednesday that 2K were gonna originally break yesterday at E3. But because of the leak, 2K instead decided to say nothing yesterday. And no screens, gameplay - nothing was released yet.

Advertisement