Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

The dude Sketch on it is ripping off other artists and passing the designs on as his own on TV

https://instagram.com/p/64PpnjRQzO/

That's one, there have been about 6 or 7. I don't know how he thought he would get away with it (although I suppose he is getting away with it for the most part)

He should know better at this stage really!

The thing is though, if you're working in a shop, and someone asks you to copy a tattoo, or do what he did and re-adjust it a little, are you really in a position to say no?
    Orim wrote: »
    Finally got me a slow cooker. There was boards link for pulled pork floating around. Anyone still have it?

I love my slow cooker! I don't really follow recipes as such, I just throw in what's near me and hope for the best. Usually turns out fab! Meat, chilli, stews etc are all great in it.

Did pulled pork at the weekend - spices, apple cider vinegar and honey all mixed together to make a paste. I find low and slow much better than the high setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jenizzle wrote: »

The thing is though, if you're working in a shop, and someone asks you to copy a tattoo, or do what he did and re-adjust it a little, are you really in a position to say no?

I love my slow cooker! I don't really follow recipes as such, I just throw in what's near me and hope for the best. Usually turns out fab! Meat, chilli, stews etc are all great in it.

Did pulled pork at the weekend - spices, apple cider vinegar and honey all mixed together to make a paste. I find low and slow much better than the high setting.

people are ***** for walking i to shops with pictures of other peoples ink and saying i want that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, and while the artist can suggest changes to them, if the person is pretty adamant that is exactly what they want, then there's little the artist can do really.
    Can't really search every one brought to them to see if it's someone else's work and seek permission to replicate it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn it, with this talk of slow cooking, pulled pork, and chili, now I'm hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I agree, however that's not what's happening here or rather if it is, it's been edited out as what it looks like it some guy comes in with a tattoo of a cock or whatever and then Sketch has an awesome original idea and tattoo's this stuff on them.

Here's another example, ripped off a design :

2i1z610.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's in the cooking club forum, great recipe! I've made it a few times. Is almost always on the front page of the forum!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056106123&page=1#post69309519

Cheers dude. Now to pick a nice bit of pork and get to work.

I do much the same when I'm cooking but I always like to start off with a recipe when I'm trying something for the first time. Just something to give me a guideline on what I'm doing.

Definitely get the pork shoulder, it's so much better for pulled pork.

I'm finicky when it comes to fat on meat, so I sometimes use pork chops or medallions, but still comes out lovely. Housekeepers cut of beef is awesome slow-cooked too. As is diced beef. And any sort of non-steak meat from Lidl really :D

had two mates over fir beers last night. arrive home from college to see they left and left 18 cans in the fridge. heroes

What are ye studying RayRay?

Those lads will be back for their beers, much to your dismay :D

• Advertisement

What are ye studying RayRay?

Those lads will be back for their beers, much to your dismay :D

computer game development, nope they gone rock climbing and I'm 3 deep into them

I'm finicky when it comes to fat on meat, so I sometimes use pork chops or medallions, but still comes out lovely. Housekeepers cut of beef is awesome slow-cooked too. As is diced beef. And any sort of non-steak meat from Lidl really :D

With that recipe I posted the link to you remove most of the fat pre-cooking, and the fat that's left renders down and you can remove the remaining fat really really easily before pulling it.

With that recipe I posted the link to you remove most of the fat pre-cooking, and the fat that's left renders down and you can remove the remaining fat really really easily before pulling it.

I've done that, just the effort of navigating the fat around the meat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Is bodyshock (with Paddy) gone? There doesn't seem to have been any activity on his facebook page

I've done that, just the effort of navigating the fat around the meat :D

I had great craic cutting the fat off. Spiced and rubbed pork sitting in the fridge at the moment. Will pop it in the cooker before going to bed tomorrow and should have a nice dinner waiting for me.

Also 12 quid for about 2kgs of meat. Can't go wrong.

Orim wrote: »
    I had great craic cutting the fat off. Spiced and rubbed pork sitting in the fridge at the moment. Will pop it in the cooker before going to bed tomorrow and should have a nice dinner waiting for me.

Also 12 quid for about 2kgs of meat. Can't go wrong.

You're gonna wake up to a house that smells like you could eat the air. :D

Looking forward to it :)

Bugger. Just realised I won't have any bourbon. Was going to throw that in when cooking. But I guess I can just use it in the sauce. Can't wait to try this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ace Ventura pet detective is on tonight at 9 on Comedy Central
    Fcuk yeah

Haven't watched that in years. Laces out!

Si396Ie.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Sneaky Mitch seems to be the most ripped off artist ever. He also seems to get the most worked up over it which makes for great tweets and Instagram posts:p

Sneaky Mitch seems to be the most ripped off artist ever. He also seems to get the most worked up over it which makes for great tweets and Instagram posts:p

You see it a lot with Gene Coffey as well. Plus he loses his **** over it.

Hope the meat cooking went well Orim!
    You're gonna wake up to a house that smells like you could eat the air. :D

I love that! I once got woken up by the smell of pork cooking overnight, I couldn't get back to sleep :o Crap thing is, ye can't feckin' eat any of it for hours and hours. It's much better to arrange slow cooking when yer not there :D

Hope the meat cooking went well Orim!

It went well but I think my meat has turned into butter. It's crazy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I hate scumbags!!!Was out last night,standing at the bar and these lads thought it would be great to flick my nape piercing just for the fun of it.

Told them to stop and ended up getting a punch in the back of the head..just standing at the bar minding my own business but because I had a different piercing than they`d usually see I end up with a sore neck this morning.

Im not a happy bunny today at all.

Complete arseholes! :mad: Hope you're alright!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

F*ck sake, scumbags.

Some people. What goes through their heads?

I'd guess that any breeze goes through it.

• Advertisement

Booked in to get tattooed by David Cote at the end of October. No idea what, or where. Like that matters :D

Advertisement