Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Maths Paper One - Fri. June 6th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Liordi wrote: »
    One was U shaped the other was linear.

ah yes! Thank youuu!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

You'll most likely get high partial.
    Which graph are you referencing?

The very last question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    The very last question.

Ah, one was quadratic and the other was linear.
    I have a Casio calculator and just put in the formulas and graphed the points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Once you have the right method, etc, you get half the marks going for the question or something like that. Which graph are you on about? g(x) or f(x)?

I think i was able to do the f(x) but not the g(x). Should the g(x) have been the linear one? My f(x) was kinda curved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

For everyone wondering about the euro and pound question and the equations. If you took the equation of the line y=mx+c letting x be the amount in Euros you would have gotten it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I think i was able to do the f(x) but not the g(x). Should the g(x) have been the linear one? My f(x) was kinda curved.

F(x) should have been u shaped and g(x) should have been linear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Creamy_Pies

Yeah, the g(x) was linear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

Turns out all I needed was a ruler. How did everyone find that exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

F(x) was a curve
    G(x) was linear
    I love functions was delighted with that Q :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

F(x) should have been u shaped and g(x) should have been linear.

Was it a full U? My graph couldn't fit on it as some of the Y values went as big as 50, or was it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Ah, one was quadratic and the other was linear.
    I have a Casio calculator and just put in the formulas and graphed the points. :)

Where the last 2 graphs not both exponential graphs??:L :s

Was it a full U? My graph couldn't fit on it as some of the Y values went as big as 50, or was it just me?

They shouldn't have gone up as far as 50 the highest y value was 9!

Beca19 wrote: »
    Where the last 2 graphs not both exponential graphs??:L :s

It's a functions question you're supposed to do your inputs and outputs tables and get your points from that
    (Or calculator if you've a Casio!)

Xgracie wrote: »
    They shouldn't have gone up as far as 50 the highest y value was 9!

Yeah I actually didnt put it, as it seemed unusual, i solved the linear inequality to find x & then it said x couldn't be greater than 3 , but my graph wasn't a full U so does that mean I went wrong somewhere? It was just half a U

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

yaEHya wrote: »
    How were you meant to do the second function graph?

it was all on one graph

Yeah I actually didnt put it, as it seemed unusual, i solved the linear inequality to find x & then it said x couldn't be greater than 3 , but my graph wasn't a full U so does that mean I went wrong somewhere? It was just half a U

You weren't solving anything for X, (well not for the graph for definite) it definitely sounds like you did it wrong sorry! It was a functions question like

It's a functions question you're supposed to do your inputs and outputs tables and get your points from that
    (Or calculator if you've a Casio!)

I did that and they turned out to be exponential?:S and bacteria multiplies which goes in with the whole exponential thing... Don't tell me I did the whole thing wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niamhy505

Overheard today that the functions and graphs question is worth 50 marks? Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

For everyone wondering about the euro and pound question and the equations. If you took the equation of the line y=mx+c letting x be the amount in Euros you would have gotten it.

I tried that formula, I knew 10 was the standing charge but didn't know what m was.. hopefully I get a mark or two

niamhy505 wrote: »
    Overheard today that the functions and graphs question is worth 50 marks? Is this true?

Worth loads anyway brought my mock up like a grade

• Advertisement

You weren't solving anything for X, (well not for the graph for definite) it definitely sounds like you did it wrong sorry! It was a functions question like
    I probably made a small mistake somewhere, as the graph looked like it was forming a U & then the y values got too big so I stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niamhy505

Also, what answer did you all get for the inequality?

How much mocks do you reckon i'd get if I didn't get the full U shape D=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

Easy enough paper, much easier than the mocks. Did anyone know what you had to do for Q11?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

I've literally never seen such an easy set of questions in samples or anything. I swear I had to check the front to make sure I was doing higher level it was that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Did anyone else get a vertical graph and a U shaped graph for the last question? I was losing the head with that question tbh hahah
    Yeah I did

• Registered Users Posts: 13 00cm

niamhy505 wrote: »

Last question on Paper 1 is almost always worth 50 marks, it says it on the paper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

For the equations in the sterling question did anyone else write
    10+23/20x for the boy and
    24/20x for the girl?
    or did I completely mess it up?

Beca19 wrote: »
    I did that and they turned out to be exponential?:S and bacteria multiplies which goes in with the whole exponential thing... Don't tell me I did the whole thing wrong :(

What question are you on about sorry hahaha are you ordinary level? I don't remember anything about bacteria

• Advertisement

JWM12 wrote: »
    I've literally never seen such an easy set of questions in samples or anything. I swear I had to check the front to make sure I was doing higher level it was that easy.

Same here! I'm pretty sure I got everything if not most things right all the way up to the last question, suck at graphs.

Advertisement