Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭RubyK

Lots of rain, thunder and lightening in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

wcdK8Ko.jpg
    Why could this not have happened later in the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Im sitting here in wexford town facing southwest and all i can see are dark clouds.
    Hope this is coming this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Lots of very active cells in the Dursey and SW Ring of Kerry area. Have had about 7-8 strikes in the last 2 hours and gusts of up to 42 kts. Some very heavy showers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Spotted this on Twitter a few mins ago from Bromborough, Merseyside. Looks like it touched down briefly.
    Via @ukweathereye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

there has been several rumbles of thunder around cork in the last ten minutes. any one else hear it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Bombarded with thunder and lightning on south east coast for most of the day. Since 4.30am right through to 8.30ish with enough of a break to get to work in between, sky has been doing some serious booming since 3ish again, coupled with torrential downpours. Serious weather altogether, the sky was just freaky earlier, wish it would all just push off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Just spotted some fork lightning over the north east of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Nasty cell just off the cork coast
    constant rumbling

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Some nice flashes and rumbles here in Cork

• Advertisement

so i'm not hearing things!!! woot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very bad now in east cork

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nice flash and long rumble here in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Feels like it's been rumbling on and off all afternoon here in Waterford. I think it's been pretty bad down near the coast, power is out in a lot of places down around Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Longboard wrote: »

Why could this not have happened later in the evening!

Because if it had, then I wouldn't be getting my power back until after midnight! As it is, we're powerless until 20.00 this evening. So it's either a cooked late dinner or a can of cold beans on white bread for poor turnipman and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Now on the third blast of thunder and lighting in waterford city in the last hour.

This morning was unreal, never seen the bedroom getting lit up as much by lightening as this morning. Started around 4.30, stopped around 5.15 and began again around 7/7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

judging by the radar cork and kerry have been hit badly over the last 24 hours seems like everytime i look there is a new intense cell over cork

well we were due :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Video wrote: »
    judging by the radar cork and kerry have been hit badly over the last 24 hours seems like everytime i look there is a new intense cell over cork

Very localised. I've been between east cork and the city and have only heard a few rumbles since last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

It looked like shower activity was dying off but a few heavy ones have kicked off here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any of this making its way up towards Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It is very quiet in the Limerick area. Weather is fair with 1 or 2 light showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

About one rumble of thunder here this morning in South Dublin and that was it! For once Cork is getting most of the action! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

We are in north cork and nothing. Nada. 2 pathetic rumbles last night. Our lights just dimmed there but no lightning here, obviously somewhere near but not near enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Plenty of action here in Wexford town. Thunder and fork lightning for the past half hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Just saw a flash south of here, no thunder but fingers crossed for some of that Wexford one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Torrential rain, hail and lots of lightning again here in Waterford.

It's been on and off all day since 4am this morning. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Waterford getting pumelled again the last hour or so, this has been non stop in waves since 3.30 this afternoon following this mornings waves from dawn til 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

All kicking off between carlow and kilkenny there coming along the M9 from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah loads here in Carlow now.

Advertisement