Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tickets sourced for Ireland Canada, will be staying in bloody Bristol though

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Wondering if any fellow board members living in Australia have received their tickets for Irish group games and QF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hotcupoftea

Mine arrived yesterday with DHL. Ordered tickets in November and a couple since the resale started.

They send you a email with a tracking number when the tickets are on the way. The DHL guy yesterday said he spent the morning delivering tickets to Cork City!

Their emails said they would start delivery on July 1st and all tickets will be delivered by the end of August.

Thanks for the update! Reminder to self ... be patient :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    I haven't received any tickets yet but I've been hit with 3 separate delivery charges @ £15 each. That's over 60 quid in delivery charges and they won't even deliver to my work has to be to the house.

Mailed them about it but no response yet.

Got a mail back from them, no mistake has been made here.
    Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for any confusion. All tickets purchased in separate transactions after July 27th will incur a separate delivery fee and will be delivered separately.

If you still haven't received the tickets or a card from DHL 14 days before your first match, please let us know and we'll help you track them down.

So I'll get 3 different deliveries, presumably on different days, there will be no one home, so I'll have to arrange to be at home on those days and pay £45 just for the delivery charge, even though 2 of those transactions were from the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

adrian522 wrote: »
    So I'll get 3 different deliveries, presumably on different days, there will be no one home, so I'll have to arrange to be at home on those days and pay £45 just for the delivery charge, even though 2 of those transactions were from the same day.
    The delivery fees are already included in what you've paid.

Just get onto DHL and tell them to deliver them to your workplace of a friend/family's home, or else you can collect them at DHL office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The delivery fees are already included in what you've paid.

Just get onto DHL and tell them to deliver them to your workplace of a friend/family's home, or else you can collect them at DHL office.

Still seems ridiculous that tickets ordered on the same day can't be sent out together, and also that you can't get them sent to anywhere other than your billing address.

£15 is really excessive anyway, never mind having to pay it 3 times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm getting my tickets sent to my workplace though I can't remember whether I just lied about my billing address and it just worked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Lads, for the France weekend would you stay in Swansea, Neath or Port Talbot?

Considering cost/ease of train service, cost of taxi if late out of Cardiff and general craic if you got stuck there for pints!
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Booked flights to Cardiff last night, coinciding with Canada game. Fly out Thursday, back the Monday, €105. Not too bad. Cancelled a reservation on booking.com for a place in Barry, I see it is back up fir €64 for night of the game only. Have alternative accommodation booked in anyway. Will probably get tickets for the game on the day too, assuming Cat D is still available then. Can't see them not being available either. Looking forward to return to Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Got a room yesterday for three nights around the France game. 60 euro a night. 10 minute walk from Millennium Stadium.

Thank you whoever mentioned Airbnb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Tickets for every single match except the final are up on the RWC website now

Amazed there's still so many tickets on sale the month before the tournament starts

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Amazed there's still so many tickets on sale the month before the tournament starts

At those prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Yeah I just filled my boots there with tickets in the last hour.
    Bought over and above what I need, but fully sure that I have enough friends who are in the "maybe I'll go...if I get tickets" category to know that I'll find homes for every ticket.

I assume this is all happening because of their anti-tout approach of drip feeding ticket supply to the masses.
    I must say though I feel like a right tit now when I look back at last November, and when I panic-bought a CAT A ticket for the french game, and here I am on the 3rd of August picking up 2 CAT C tickets side by side! (Funnily though had to go back in to get the 2nd as it wouldn't let me get 2 at once, and then they turn out to be side by side! Means however; I have to pay the £15 delivery fee twice!!! Conspiracy!!!!!!!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mushy wrote: »
    At those prices?

Just had a look at the site, thought I might treat myself.

£125.00 to see the Italy or France game.

Go home RWC, you're drunk.

Just had a look at the site, thought I might treat myself.

£125.00 to see the Italy or France game.

Go home RWC, you're drunk.

Even £50 for the Canada game. And they're the cheapest tickets. They've made a meal out of it trying to fleece fans. France v Canada is cheaper too. I think a large part of the problem is the exchange rate too though, but £30 is more than enough for these tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Even £50 for the Canada game. And they're the cheapest tickets. They've made a meal out of it trying to fleece fans. France v Canada is cheaper too. I think a large part of the problem is the exchange rate too though, but £30 is more than enough for these tickets.

My god, 125 sterling is nearly €180 at the current rate. Lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

My god, 125 sterling is nearly €180 at the current rate. Lunacy.

The prices in STG£ are bad enough but the current exchange rate doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Even £50 for the Canada game. And they're the cheapest tickets. They've made a meal out of it trying to fleece fans.

We won't know for another 6 weeks whether the pricing was correct or not, if they sell out 95%+ of tickets for a match then they've probably nailed it perfectly. Still currently being stuck with the last 1000 or so isn't a major thing. Ironically if everything was sold now and nothing was easily available then it would be a sign that they'd fcuked it up completely.

Advance train tickets now available for QF weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Advance train tickets now available for QF weekend.

Would you mind linking or saying which company? I'm coming from Bristol. Many thanks for the heads up.

Would you mind linking or saying which company? I'm coming from Bristol. Many thanks for the heads up.

Just got them on NationalRail.co.uk (though its a FGW trian).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Paid £30.80 for a return ticket from Bristol airport to cardiff central. 17th October.
    (Return ticket=Bus from airport to bristol train station-28 minutes, train to cardiff central-50 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Loads of tickets up for quarter and semis lads and lasses. I just bagged myself a CAT D for SF2 (£125) and a CAT C for the final (£315). And now I've decided to beg borrow or steal but I'm going to that final regardless.

8 years before I'll get another chance...just as well it's very windy coz I've a lot of caution to throw around!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Bought Tickets last November, received email from DHL today, they are en route!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

kuang1 wrote: »
    Loads of tickets up for quarter and semis lads and lasses. I just bagged myself a CAT D for SF2 (£125) and a CAT C for the final (£315). And now I've decided to beg borrow or steal but I'm going to that final regardless.

8 years before I'll get another chance...just as well it's very windy coz I've a lot of caution to throw around!

Thanks, picked up CAT D for the Semi final should/when we win the group.

So tempted to pick up a CAT C semi ticket............

Currently got:
    CAT D V France £50
    CAT C V QF Winner Ireland Group £150
    CAT D V QF Runner Up Ireland Group £95

£295 plus £30 pnp equals a cool £325.

Do not want to know what that is in € for the three games!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got my Romania tickets delivered yesterday. Those were the first ones I ordered so not surprised to get them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Best way to get from London to Cardiff on the 19th of August anyone? The trains are mad prices at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Megabus or National Express?

Advertisement