Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Teferi wrote: »
    Best way to get from London to Cardiff on the 19th of August anyone? The trains are mad prices at the moment.

Presume you mean September? It's about £10 each way on the bus. Takes about 3.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Presume you mean September? It's about £10 each way on the bus. Takes about 3.5 hours.

I'm more looking for suggestions for operators, plenty of them look booked out for decent times on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Just had a rush of blood and bought a semi final ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Just had a rush of blood and bought a semi final ticket

Good lad, you only live once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

More fresh tickets up.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

I see the tickets left for the french game are 175 and 250 pounds!

Christ for that money I'd want to be sitting beside Joe himself or on one of the exercise bikes on the sideline!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Has anyone received their tickets yet? I bought France ones from the initail ballot but no news on the site about dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

wacotaco wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets yet? I bought France ones from the initail ballot but no news on the site about dispatch.

None for me yet. Either the ones from the ballot or purchased subsequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

Got one set today that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Ballot tickets still haven't arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

wats the easiest way to get from london luton airport to euston station area , im off to the romania game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Still haven't got my tickets for the canada game even though i ordered back in November. Is there somewhere you can track the order?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I still don't have my tickets or any indication they've been shipped.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Henwin wrote: »
    wats the easiest way to get from london luton airport to euston station area , im off to the romania game

Train to St Pancras from Luton Airport Parkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

I got an email there in the late afternoon from dhl saying my tickets have been dispatched with an estimated delivery for tomorrow, they managed to omit my county from the address label so ill have to ring them in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy France tickets... Not sure how I'll get there... Probably fly into Bermingham, flights are still dirt cheap.

Thing is, I take it it'll be impossible to fly back that night? So I'll probably need to take monday off, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

.ak wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy France tickets... Not sure how I'll get there... Probably fly into Bermingham, flights are still dirt cheap.

Thing is, I take it it'll be impossible to fly back that night? So I'll probably need to take monday off, right?

Or fly back early monday. Think im gonna go in and outta london each weekend and bus it to cardiff. Think I can work from london on the mondays so makes it a bit easier

Yeah considering that too.. If I manage to nab cat D tickets I'll just grab them and worry about it later.

The only thing is I remember the absolute farce that was the train queing system that followed the 2011 HEC final in Cardiff. We got there an hour early, nobody organised the ques, when we eventually got through we were told to get on the only train and then found out it wasn't going where it said it was going, leaving hundreds of us stranded in the middle of nowhere...

So I wouldn't rely on getting public transport out of there for any particular time afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Yeah considering that too.. If I manage to nab cat D tickets I'll just grab them and worry about it later.

The only thing is I remember the absolute farce that was the train queing system that followed the 2011 HEC final in Cardiff. We got there an hour early, nobody organised the ques, when we eventually got through we were told to get on the only train and then found out it wasn't going where it said it was going, leaving hundreds of us stranded in the middle of nowhere...

So I wouldn't rely on getting public transport out of there for any particular time afterwards.

If you absolutely had to go back on the same day there's a 9:05pm flight out of Bristol for £53.

The cheapest way to do it might well involve hiring a car at Birmingham/Liverpool/Manchester and leaving it at Bristol airport otherwise you're relying on public transport which is as you mentioned risky. Alternatively you could look into a company that does airport transfers. It's a lot of hassle though and if you can take the Monday off or show up a little late it would probably be a better option.

Get the ferry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

If I manage to nab cat D tickets I'll just grab them.

How does one manage that? I practically live on the site and haven't seen them come up :(

How does one manage that? I practically live on the site and haven't seen them come up :(

I've had the opportunity to buy them a few times in the past couple of weeks.... Usually thanks to alerts here!

They seem to pop up now and again, altho rarely 2 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

d tickets for Italy game up and a-d for QF on sunday, A-C for saturday QF in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Steven81 wrote: »
    d tickets for Italy game up and a-d for QF on sunday, A-C for saturday QF in Cardiff

Only single tickets available for the Italy game.

Why are they not selling any tickets in pairs or greater? Maybe the organisers aren't aware that not everyone goes to games on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That was a mess alright, puts me right off going back to cardiff unless I can stay there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

salmocab wrote: »
    That was a mess alright, puts me right off going back to cardiff unless I can stay there

Oh god. I'm staying in Bristol...

Will stay for a couple hours after the NZ game but need to get back to Brizzle early enough so I can manage to get up the next morning and back to Cardiff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 winneralrigh

wacotaco wrote: »

Mine arrived today. 😆😆😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

nc6000 wrote: »
    Only single tickets available for the Italy game.

Why are they not selling any tickets in pairs or greater? Maybe the organisers aren't aware that not everyone goes to games on their own.

Most likely these are returns. Some people will have bought more tickets than they need and have the option to resell single tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

nc6000 wrote: »
    Because that's all that's left :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

salmocab wrote: »

Let's hope then that we're in the sunday QF. A 1.00 kick off should give plenty of time afterwards for people to disperse gradually.

(Or hang around and drink for longer leading to a 9.00pm rush for trains with everybody pissed!)

Advertisement