Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

vienne86 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a train from Stanstead to the Olympic Stadium? Looking at the map, it seems there should be!

No direct one no. Get the Stansted Express (it's not that fast) and change to another train at Tottenham Hale or go all the way to Liverpool Street and get the Central line. Either way you get out at Stratford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Does anyone know if there is a train from Stanstead to the Olympic Stadium? Looking at the map, it seems there should be!
    Terravision bus will drop you at Bromley by Bow which is in the general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Terravision and National Express have direct buses to Stratford. Much cheaper than the train too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to the match on a day trip to Stanstead. Match is at 1645 and last flight home leaves Stanstead at 2205.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

How feasible would it be to catch the red eye the next morning, staying in one of the airport hotels? That way there's no panic after the game. Stansted Premier Inn is £35 for that night.

Your way is doable, especially as the Olympic Stadium is a public transport heavy venue, but it's awful tight.

• Advertisement

How feasible would it be to catch the red eye the next morning, staying in one of the airport hotels? That way there's no panic after the game. Stansted Premier Inn is £35 for that night.

Your way is doable, especially as the Olympic Stadium is a public transport heavy venue, but it's awful tight.

I am actually not under pressure to get home the same day. It was just a thought. Think we'll stay over so.

Thanks for the help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it to the match on a day trip to Stanstead. Match is at 1645 and last flight home leaves Stanstead at 2205.

If you're getting out of the stadium at 7 and say getting a bus around 7.30, you'd be at the airport for 8.30, giving you an hour and a half for the flight. Any delay on that plan though leaves it tight.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Doable if you can pre-book a seat on a bus at around 7:30pm. Not ideal though and probably not worth the stress.

Doable if you can pre-book a seat on a bus at around 7:30pm. Not ideal though and probably not worth the stress.

......and I don't do stress well! Not worth it, given what I've paid for the tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Lads can I sail to Fishguard and rail sperately? Rather than book them as a package.
    Also I'm staying in Swansea for the France game. Is Swansea easily accessible from Fishguard?
    Cheers. Not long to go now!

• Advertisement

dedaw wrote: »
    Lads can I sail to Fishguard and rail sperately? Rather than book them as a package.
    Also I'm staying in Swansea for the France game. Is Swansea easily accessible from Fishguard?
    Cheers. Not long to go now!

Yes, but I have no idea why you would want to as it'll be way more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone get their tickets in the post yet? Still waiting on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Have people seen how expensive the England vs Ireland game in Twickenham is for the warm up game?

Why anyone would pay £96 quid plus to a friendly i'll never know.

I had planned to bring my kids but decided against the moment that I saw the prices. Given the size of London I expect that they'll sell out anyway.

Clearlier wrote: »
    I had planned to bring my kids but decided against the moment that I saw the prices. Given the size of London I expect that they'll sell out anyway.

Total rip off for a friendly. But you're right - there'll be plenty of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

You could easily do it. I will go out on a limb and presume its the Italy match your over for(ie a Sunday, so less traffic/but also less trains, so the option to switch at Tottenham Hale wont work well Id think).

you can train it round trip on the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street. Plenty of discounts available if you book early and/or travel in groups (best is booking up to a month before if going solo, full details: https://www.stanstedexpress.com/tickets-fares/ticket-types)
    This option willl put you on what will be a very busy central tube line (Liverpool Street to Stratford) heading twoard the game (you need tickets for this too). On non match days, this trip would take about an hour, but you may struggle to get on a tube for a while thinking back to the experience around the Olympics to exit Stratford)

You can pre-book a taxi back from Stratford (pick a fixed point not at the stadium) for £40 Stratford to Stansted, for up to 4 people. The trip on a Sunday would generally be around 50 minutes but give a little extra for any match traffic. Booked for 8pm,youd have given post game numbers an hour to clear, and be in plenty of time for that last flight.

llcoolj14 wrote: »
    You could easily do it. I will go out on a limb and presume its the Italy match your over for(ie a Sunday, so less traffic/but also less trains, so the option to switch at Tottenham Hale wont work well Id think).

you can train it round trip on the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street. Plenty of discounts available if you book early and/or travel in groups (best is booking up to a month before if going solo, full details: https://www.stanstedexpress.com/tickets-fares/ticket-types)
    This option willl put you on what will be a very busy central tube line (Liverpool Street to Stratford) heading twoard the game (you need tickets for this too). On non match days, this trip would take about an hour, but you may struggle to get on a tube for a while thinking back to the experience around the Olympics to exit Stratford)

You can pre-book a taxi back from Stratford (pick a fixed point not at the stadium) for £40 Stratford to Stansted, for up to 4 people. The trip on a Sunday would generally be around 50 minutes but give a little extra for any match traffic. Booked for 8pm,youd have given post game numbers an hour to clear, and be in plenty of time for that last flight.
    OK - I was wondering about a taxi, but assumed it would be more expensive. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

Clearlier wrote: »

Much bigger sales for the Ireland game, but they are offering heavy discounts for the France game, if you know the right people. We always get ripped off due to our numbers, hence why our games in the RWC2015 are more expensive against the minnows than their other neighbours France!
    The IRish game tickets were cheaper to the English clubs, with 1/2 price children tickets available, up until last May.

Current discounted tickets blurb for their French warm-up!:

What a great chance to see two great teams as they warm up for the World Cup in September.

Tickets are discounted to £30 (£32.40 with fees) for the England v France game which kicks off at 8.00pm.

Bookings need to be completed using the below link via Ticketmaster: (All tickets are subject to availability)

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/35004E648602198D?did=uk15part

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yes, but I have no idea why you would want to as it'll be way more expensive.

Thanks for the reply.
    Way more expensive? 80 euro a head b&b for 2 nights? Train in and out to Cardiff? Simples!
    You show me cheaper than that in Cardiff and I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Tickets up for all our group games and both quarter finals in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Tickets up for all our group games and both quarter finals in Cardiff

Circle of death...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Boo, first time ever getting access relatively quickly, and nothing I want available (cheaper than B for Italy and France). Have been better tickets available on random days rather than their 'big' release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

The 'latest availability' update link isn't showing any availability for the French or Italian games.
    Anybody able to confirm that this is untrue?
    Grey circle staring me down again!

Just got in...no France or Italy tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I'm in - nothing for Italy or France now (were some Cat B France when I logged in first). Keep checking each day though, more will come online. I put tickets on resale at the start of the week and they didn't release them for this sale.

shanagarry wrote: »
    I'm in - nothing for Italy or France now (were some Cat B France when I logged in first). Keep checking each day though, more will come online. I put tickets on resale at the start of the week and they didn't release them for this sale.

Yeah there were CAT C tickets available at 9.00 this morning for french game but couldn't get one in my basket!

dedaw wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    Way more expensive? 80 euro a head b&b for 2 nights? Train in and out to Cardiff? Simples!
    You show me cheaper than that in Cardiff and I'm there!

Ah, ok. Misunderstood, thought you just wanted to book the trains seperately but travel up as normal. Sail&Rail is significantly cheaper than booking ferry and train seperately.

Book the train in advance - tickets will go on sale 12 weeks beforehand and are much cheaper if you book a specific train.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

There's hospitality for the final on offer at £1,200 pp. Cat. D tickets. Double that for dinner and a Cat. A ticket.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ah, ok. Misunderstood, thought you just wanted to book the trains seperately but travel up as normal. Sail&Rail is significantly cheaper than booking ferry and train seperately.

Book the train in advance - tickets will go on sale 12 weeks beforehand and are much cheaper if you book a specific train.

No worries. Would I be right to assume that booking the sail/rail would be cheapie booking then separately rather than through Stena?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hotcupoftea

Has anyone received their tickets from DHL yet? Its been quite a while now since they mentioned they would be dispatched so am beginning to wonder. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Has anyone received their tickets from DHL yet? Its been quite a while now since they mentioned they would be dispatched so am beginning to wonder. Thanks!

Mine arrived yesterday with DHL. Ordered tickets in November and a couple since the resale started.

They send you a email with a tracking number when the tickets are on the way. The DHL guy yesterday said he spent the morning delivering tickets to Cork City!

Their emails said they would start delivery on July 1st and all tickets will be delivered by the end of August.

Advertisement