Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Trying to get 3 tickets for a game. Can I buy 4 and then resell 1 on the resale portal? Or do you have to resell all of the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Can you not just select 3 tickets?

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Can you not just select 3 tickets?

3 beside each other are not available :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Trying to get 3 tickets for a game. Can I buy 4 and then resell 1 on the resale portal? Or do you have to resell all of the tickets?

You can just sell one ticket on the resale portal if you want. They don't make you resell them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For those who've received tickets does the status of your order change in any way when they ship them out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

For those who've received tickets does the status of your order change in any way when they ship them out?

No. Just checked and there's no difference in 'My orders' between the tickets I have already and the ones I bought on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

How long ago did you get the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I bought tickets at the weekend. Anyone know when I might receive them?

Got my ballot tickets last week, but I live in the UK. There was something in the envelope that said they're only sending out tickets bought before 15 June at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I live in the UK and the tickets that I bought on May 28th haven't arrived yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Clearlier wrote: »
    I live in the UK and the tickets that I bought on May 28th haven't arrived yet.

I bought tickets November last year and haven't seen them yet (also UK). I'm sure they're slowly getting around to everyone. There are literally millions of tickets.

I wouldn't be surprised if most physical tickets aren't sent until 10-14 days before the event date. Usual anti-scalping measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Lots of tickets up again now!!

all single tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

I have a 16 bed dorm in cardiff for the Ireland vs France game which i am happy for somebody to take off my hands as i now have a hotel room. Get in touch if interested,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

mickey15ie wrote: »
    I have a 16 bed dorm in cardiff for the Ireland vs France game which i am happy for somebody to take off my hands as i now have a hotel room. Get in touch if interested,

What are the other 15 people going to do if you sell their dorm and go stay in a hotel? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

nc6000 wrote: »
    What are the other 15 people going to do if you sell their dorm and go stay in a hotel? :confused:

He's just selling his one single bed in the dorm.

EDIT: He is actually selling the entire dorm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

selling the whole dorm at face value. I booked for a load of us but we all got hotel rooms in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

mickey15ie wrote: »
    selling the whole dorm at face value. I booked for a load of us but we all got hotel rooms in the end.

Pm sent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Category A,B,C and D to both Cardiff QF's there now.
    A, B and C to France game. A,,B,C and D to both the Canada and Romania games too.

• Advertisement

Advance train tickets are now on sale from London to Cardiff for the weekend of the France match on the FGW website. If you know exactly what train you want you can save yourself a bit of money. I'd say tickets for QF weekend will be available next week.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ The craic is on the Munster bus though :D

A suggestion to those who still need Italy match tickets: Upper tier seats at the Olympic stadium will give you a much better view for rugby than the lower tier. The athletics track and the area around it makes the lower tier seats quite poor. Was there at the weekend for the athletics, lower tier seats on Friday, upper tier on Saturday.

^ The craic is on the Munster bus though :D

I'm getting the Munster bus back, but we've a hotel room Saturday night so going up Sat morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A suggestion to those who still need Italy match tickets: Upper tier seats at the Olympic stadium will give you a much better view for rugby than the lower tier. The athletics track and the area around it makes the lower tier seats quite poor. Was there at the weekend for the athletics, lower tier seats on Friday, upper tier on Saturday.
    The lower tier is retractable, so will be no athletics track for RWC

28315.jpg

The below link would suggest the retractable seats aren't being done until AFTER the RWC, so rainbow kirby's advice still stands:

http://queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/media/press-releases/transformation-lights-up-former-olympic-stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

France Match:

Dublin - Rosslare - Pembroke - Swansea - Cardiff - Pembroke - Rosslare - Dublin

Driving over on the friday morning, coming back Mon. afternoon, cheeky stop in Swansea.

anyone have any suggestions for things to do in and around swansea friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

France Match:

Dublin - Rosslare - Pembroke - Swansea - Cardiff - Pembroke - Rosslare - Dublin

Driving over on the friday morning, coming back Sat. afternoon, cheeky stop in Swansea.

anyone have any suggestions for things to do in and around swansea friday night?

Eh...hope you're not really going back Saturday afternoon. Kick off is 4.45pm Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

kuang1 wrote: »
    Eh...hope you're not really going back Saturday afternoon. Kick off is 4.45pm Sunday!

Good spot, yea coming back monday afternoon :rolleyes:

Whats the munster bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Lads, considering options for the France game. Probably will stay in Swansea. Looking at sail/rail but book them separately. UK train websites are telling me the only train from Fishguard to Swansea is 7pm.

Surely there is a train meeting the boat? But is that only for people booking the sail/rail through stena? If that's the case I'll drive.
    Thanks!

Advertisement