Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Another one with Becky throwing shapes:

https://twitter.com/JeremEvilKing/status/515559097530200064

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »

As Ron Simmons might say..damn. The bad girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Haha someone else called it in this very thread. "Poor Bayley, all she wants to do is love everyone and they all end up leaving her"

I suppose it was necessary. They're seemingly turning Charlotte face (AWFUL idea) and they're in serious need of heels. Becky's a good choice. They probably were going to keep her as a face but two budding debuts who could have been heels - Veronica Lane and Kendall Skye - just left recently.

Haha someone else called it in this very thread. "Poor Bayley, all she wants to do is love everyone and they all end up leaving her"

I suppose it was necessary. They're seemingly turning Charlotte face (AWFUL idea) and they're in serious need of heels. Becky's a good choice. They probably were going to keep her as a face but two budding debuts who could have been heels - Veronica Lane and Kendall Skye - just left recently.

Becky's turn is an interesting one as they will have to redo her entrance and Becky will have to change up her moves.

So do you think we are get Charlotte vs Sasha December 11th the next WWE Network special?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If its a developmental show then why not give Charlotte time as a face to see how she does?

The daughter of the nature boy could get a good debut some day taking down a heel Divas Champion.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    If its a developmental show then why not give Charlotte time as a face to see how she does?

The daughter of the nature boy could get a good debut some day taking down a heel Divas Champion.

Not sure she is a heel. Just Charlotte hates Sasha and respects Bayley. They have been doing that subtle dynamic.

I asked. Charlotte is 100% babyface by the end of the taping at least.

Villian:
    ByspnzxIAAAoLZp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What's she like as a heel? I'm not too familiar with her working as a heel.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    What's she like as a heel? I'm not too familiar with her working as a heel.

Check out the post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92183566&postcount=209

She was a sensational heel on an Indie level and for her age. She did do too much crowd work but could wrestle aggressively like she was mugging the babyface and could beg off from her opponent or referee with the best of them. Becky as a heel is what I wanted when she started in NXT. This is her optimum role.

Her and Sasha Banks are real life close mates and the heels that were coming along the pipeline -Veronica Lane and Kendall Skye quit so the heel turn was needed to equalise the heel babyface divide. DeMott at the WWE 2K15 media day cited Becky as a one to watch. Was really happy about that as she tends to be excluded and forgotten from stuff like that. Really hope this is a turning point for her career.

• Advertisement

A number of newzsites are speculating that Becky might be challenging Charlotte or that there might be a Becky, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley Four Way match. However Meltzer and those who attended the most recent tapings that it is Charlotte vs Sasha for the belt. Personally hope Bayley vs Becky Lynch is on the show too but I wouldn't hold my breath. As they haven't done two Womens matches on a NXT Special yet.

Becky Lynch wrestles Sasha Banks on NXT TV this week.

Despite the turn not happening on TV yet Becky is already working heel at NXT Live Events tag teaming with Carmella and Dana Brooke:
    Bzj4XF5IUAEeNTM.jpg

Against the newly babyface Charlotte teaming with Alexa and Bayley:
    GuQXGa0.jpg

How things are going to change.

Meltzer put her over strong with a few qualifications in the Observer:
    Sasha Banks beat Becky Lynch in 4:00 with the crossface. Lynch has a lot of charisma and is really talented in the ring. Maybe the best worker right now of any woman in NXT. She doesn’t have the presence and charisma of Charlotte, but is actually smoother in the ring. Fans like her although they did go dead when the match started. The crossface is called the bank statement. Honest to God that was so lame when they called it that.

Becky in character development shocker this week on NXT

B0EkcncCEAAH_8M.jpg

Becky wrestled at another level this week on NXT. Best match of the Becky and Charlotte series. Unlike their other matches it got time and showcased Becky rather than Lynch getting/doing a rushed, sloppy comeback.

Was too lazy to hunt down the pictures myself so I waited for someone else to do it:

B0K8lLACMAAtTll.jpg
    B0K8lFXCUAMgrp0.jpg

They packed an awful lot into the match in a short space of time. Its a pity they don't get double the time to do it in but I suppose if/when they are on the main roster they won't have much time so best to be used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

DM_7 wrote: »
    They packed an awful lot into the match in a short space of time. Its a pity they don't get double the time to do it in but I suppose if/when they are on the main roster they won't have much time so best to be used to it.

Maybe too much? Not complaining, it was a great little match, but if they got an extra five minutes (we wish) it would have allowed them to maybe sell a little more and slow down the pace a tiny bit. Still a fantastic match though. I really like Lynch but I sometimes feel Charlotte does not get enough praise online for how good she really is.

Maybe too much? Not complaining, it was a great little match, but if they got an extra five minutes (we wish) it would have allowed them to maybe sell a little more and slow down the pace a tiny bit. Still a fantastic match though. I really like Lynch but I sometimes feel Charlotte does not get enough praise online for how good she really is.

I wish the same but that's the length of matches on the main roster (if they are lucky). NXT is big on hitting time cues or springing a new time cue on talent via the headset in the referees. They practice EVERYTHING in NXT. It meant to be a complete simulation of Raw and Smackdown. Wrestlers have their time cut on the way to ring or during the match during live TV as the previous segments went longer that planned. So they have to be able to truncate their matches according.

Becky vs Charlotte could had 30 seconds more of Charlotte offence to set up the finish.

Charlotte has praise coming out of her ears, Galway_mad_bhoy. She's only learning but I dislike both her selling and offence. She body scissors is becoming her version of the Randy Orton chinlock for me in terms of pure :rolleyes: boredom.

Dying at Sasha retweeting this:
    B0bd6AfCEAAfgqI.jpg

• Advertisement

NXT Superstar and Diva Halloween flashback
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/nxt-halloween-memories-26750103/page-6

B0pKTMxIAAABZW2.jpg
    The self-proclaimed “life enthusiast” was anything but shy when it came to her love of bears. In fact, even Becky Lynch's own sibling fell victim to her infatuation.

“OK, so I was 7 and I dressed up like a panda because I thought they were cool,” the NXT Diva said. “I thought I was strong like a bear but also more unique and rare, like a panda. That was the Halloween I threw my first non-birthday party. I thought birthdays and parties were the exact same thing and could spell birthday but not party, so I sent out all my invitations for my ‘Halloween birthday.’ My mom had bought a cake that was shaped like a bear, but because I had such a strong bond with the hairy fellas, I threw a tantrum when my mom attempted to cut it to dish it out to my friends. In my mind, I felt by cutting the birthday bear cake, she was causing harm to the bear. I later found out that my brother ate the ear, so in retaliation I kicked him so hard in the shin that I made him cry. I wasn’t just a unique panda; I was a defensive one, too!”

Bayley is shocked: WWE.com Exclusive, Oct. 23, 2014 | WWE.com http://www.wwe.com/videos/bayley-is-shocked-wwecom-exclusive-oct-23-2014-26751525 via @wwe
    Bayley talks to WWE.com about the sheer surprise of being attacked by her former friend Becky Lynch.

Poor Bayley

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unfortunately, she should be used to it by now.

Becky's promos are getting better:
    http://instagram.com/p/u_KJ0TsUtF/

Baby steps like her tone and accent can go all over the shop. But she seems in more control of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

How things are going to change.

BREAST IMPLANTS FOR EVERYONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,118 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Randomly wandered in here.
    Had a quick google, a particular interview mentions that she has a brown belt in sub wrestling.
    Anybody know anything about that?

bur wrote: »
    BREAST IMPLANTS FOR EVERYONE!

Your pinterest yoke is broke and fake knockers are far from mandatory in WWE. Just look for everyone Nikki Bella you have a Paige, AJ Lee and Brie Bella.
    Mellor wrote: »
    Randomly wandered in here.
    Had a quick google, a particular interview mentions that she has a brown belt in sub wrestling.
    Anybody know anything about that?

I believe she got that training with her original wrestling trainer Andre Baker. Prince Devitt is a black belt in IBF submission wrestling while training under Andre at the NWA UK Hammerlock. Andre was a bit of a traditionalist in terms of wanting Wrestlers to be legit tough and to have a grounding in a real discipline. Devitt has gone from calling it the highlight of his career to in recent years kind of dismissing of not much evidence of anything.

I've said it a million times in this thread but Becky's chain and mat wrestling on the ground is exceptional for a male or female. Just SO fast, advanced and technical. She's working a different style in NXT unfortunately so we get to see much of it.

First look at heel Becky this Thursday:
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/529838148717916162

• Registered Users Posts: 39,118 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I believe she got that training with her original wrestling trainer Andre Baker. Prince Devitt is a black belt in IBF submission wrestling while training under Andre at the NWA UK Hammerlock. Andre was a bit of a traditionalist in terms of wanting Wrestlers to be legit tough and to have a grounding in a real discipline. Devitt has gone from calling it the highlight of his career to in recent years kind of dismissing of not much evidence of anything.
    Thanks I've no idea what IBF equates tbh. Google doesn't turn up much. Was hoping I'd find some competition videos

• Advertisement

Did Becky ever do any acting or stage perfoming in her time away from wrestling?

Advertisement