Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Becky and WWE has me very excited. WWE on social media are framing Becky and Bayley as a huge match. The match is taped tonight and airs next week:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/543482918770049024

Hope Becky vs Bayley is a main event match with a decent amount time. Very anxious to see what Lynch brings to the table in the ring in an extended match where she’s in control and working the knee. 2006 Rebecca Knox would own this opportunity.

I hope the Peter Griffin chants don't ruin it.

Short match but Becky has a new MOAR grunge theme and an actual finisher (Inverted Indian Deathlock).
    B4ycRn9CEAAIcfG.jpg

10838460_673564056093596_875993520_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SHE IS BACK IN DUBLIN?

*leaves work*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I guess she's home. Crazy to think that she would get nabbed by the papparazzi when she landed in Dublin. I wouldn't've thought she'd be that visible to them at this stage of her career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I thought she was taking the mick?

I only caught the last 15 mins of the Devitt doc, does she feature at all in it? Going to rewatch when I get a chance.

Brendão wrote: »
    I thought she was taking the mick?

I only caught the last 15 mins of the Devitt doc, does she feature at all in it? Going to rewatch when I get a chance.

She's never serious.

Nope. Too busy in Florida. Realistically there would have been no reason for her inclusion also she probably could be as she is under a WWE contract.

Today's episode is the 1st episode of a first set of tapings. A set of tapings which overall seem to point to big things ahead for Becky in Spring 2015. Seemingly she is the next line for the Women's title. My dream scenario is if they tape an NXT Special in California as part of Wrestlemania 31 week and Becky wins it in front of all the international (Irish) fans.

Anyways on today's episode she has a pretaped interview with Devin Taylor, new music, new ring gear etc and wrestles Bayley.

New music again? Is this her third now?

New music again? Is this her third now?

Would be her third.

Her current one she had be using “Anything You Wanna Do” was composed by a third party as in not by WWE or the act CFO$. CFO$ did the current themes for Balor, Steen and Sasha Banks. I should know the origin of Becky's theme today. Hopefully it is CFO$ as that has long been consider "main roster music" as it is expensive, high quality and obviously a sign that management think you are worth the extra investment.

All I know going by the TV taping reports is it is very grungy, people liked it and was considered an improvement on “Anything You Wanna Do”.

Sounds promising aright! if it is CFO$, as you said, it would indicate they are certainly behind her - bright future!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Saw her walking into the Dunnes in Stephens green today boy she's amazing looking in real life.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Saw her walking into the Dunnes in Stephens green today boy she's amazing looking in real life.

She's stalking you, Johnny:
    http://instagram.com/p/wwa1Tci_Yh/

Sounds promising aright! if it is CFO$, as you said, it would indicate they are certainly behind her - bright future!

CFO$ it is then:
    B5J0w2ECEAAIb5G.jpg

Sadly her new theme is generic in the extreme.

Really liked her backstage interview it is a huge step up. The match was pretty decent and told a story.

Have you seen NXT already because it has leaked onto one of the download sites or something? Looking forward to seeing her on this episode anyway. As excited for her as Balor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

NXT is usually acquirable around 5/6 on Thursdays

I should really remember that because for a long time I used to download it every week myself.

BohsJohnny wrote: »

Saw Becky out and about tonight. I am confirm BohsJohnny's report. To me it is a looks as good as she feels thing. She has a lot to be happy about. Saw her at some of her lowest points and that was no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Looked bloody hot on the latest NXT. She obviously is naturally really good looking which helps and is obviously a very good wrestler but the latest promo she did is the first time I got the sense of some sort of character and motivation for her actions developing.

• Advertisement

Great gif. A funny weird note is that it is Corey Grave's old finisher The Lucky 13 and it is also something her boss Triple H used to do too:

ATXjecG.gif

Surrealistic match graphic in fairness:
    B5Tr9xpCYAArxzi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was Lita at first then remember what thread I was in.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought it was Lita at first then remember what thread I was in.

Like me some Lita but Becky has a prettier face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

rovert wrote: »
    Like me some Lita but Becky has a prettier face.

Thats not really much of a compliment tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is Sasha of African American descent ? It sure is hard to tell sometimes ! I know she's snoop's cousin but the resemblance is nil.

Still would though either way!

Is Sasha of African American descent?

Yes. Part German & African American. Her real name is Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado. She wrestled as Mercedes KV on the Indies. She's related to Snoop on the Varnado side of her family which is her mother's side.

• Advertisement

Rare footage of Becky on offence found:

Becky's running legdrops got "Better Than Hogan" chants at this week's NXT taping. :P

Advertisement