Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The biggest today to me is Becky adopting a new move. Wheel kick/leg lariat:

Bt4MvMzCUAExswF.jpg

Becky Lynch's new entrance is NOT epileptic friendly but it is absolutely fantastic. Her new music is very Grrr.

Everyone was comparing Becky to Lita as Renee made the comparison but it does seem that is what WWE is going for. Becky even does Lita's pointing to the crowd thing on to way to the ring.

The match told a good story.Total showcase for Charlotte as dominant current Champion. Becky has added in a few moves based around kicks. Charlotte was improved a tonne recently seemingly a lot based on increased confidence. She is emulating her Dad but not by hacky chops but instead nice leg work.

The announcing put her over strong but Becky losing her last two matches has me on edge given roster cuts. Every other indicator seems to point to her being grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,824 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say she's safe unless there's backstage heat. Losing against the champ isn't really a bad thing. I haven't watched this week's yet but I assume she still got a great reaction from the crowd?

Besides, Bayley needs at least one ally. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say she's safe unless there's backstage heat. Losing against the champ isn't really a bad thing. I haven't watched this week's yet but I assume she still got a great reaction from the crowd?

Besides, Bayley needs at least one ally. :)

Just losing on TV is a hat tip.

She got the usual "Becky, Becky, Becky" chants yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So seeing as there will be a 7% cut in the workforce in wwe. I hope becky is okay and the matches I've seen she gets a very good reaction from the crowd and can go in the ring.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So seeing as there will be a 7% cut in the workforce in wwe. I hope becky is okay and the matches I've seen she gets a very good reaction from the crowd and can go in the ring.

Shouldn't have even brought it up. She's very liked - Wrestling to conduct, she's on a lot of PR material, put over strong on commentary this week and it would be a bad faith move with Prince Devitt already signed.

Kendall Skye has been injured as much as she has been active has been in NXT for about six months longer than Becky. I'd be more worried about her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldn't be shocked to see her and Devitt brought up together with a weird Irish gimmick.

Though since they just did Lana/Rusev, maybe they'll hold off....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Losses are nothing to be worried about. The face side on NXT has been so strong they need *someone* to lose to heels. Becky's only had three matches - with 1 win to two losses. It's like the NFL - regardless of experience elsewhere, anyone new is still considered a rookie. Lexie is new too and she's won two and lost two. For ages the heel side of the Divas looked so weak because Emma, Paige and Bayley were all built up strong. It's actually better for faces not to win too much when they're new. Heels need to look credible but faces should need something to fight towards.

So yeah this week was fun and she seems comfortable with her Irish moshpit gimmick. The match was great. And rovert, she's been doing the leg lariat since her debut match, keep up will you ;)

*Tonight's NXT tapings for the second half of August and early September*

Becky is essentially English relative to her Orish debut:

Bt6Ebe3IIAA8G65.jpg

The last hold over from her debut (the green ring gear) is gone

Just watched and I'd say it was Charlotte who looked worse in that match. Becky was pretty energetic but it just seemed to drag while Charlotte was trying to figure out what to do next. If she wasn't supposed to stay down, Becky could've been up and running circles around Charlotte in the time it took her to do any kind of move.

And yeah, I know there are slower styles of wrestling. But it was really obvious when there were long silences.

• Advertisement

Becky's new theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XniMsJuXIvQ
    Devil horns, bangs head

These gifs are gas and displays the whole Lita 2.0 thing:

tumblr_n9lt5pK8C31saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_n9lt5pK8C31saykaxo2_r1_400.gif

Two people who attended the NXT tapings last night commented how similar her gimmick is to Seth Rollins's FCW gimmick were he would moshing around. Seth seemed to hate doing it. It is a very tough gimmick to pull of authentically.

Becky also had new plaid ring gear. Besides being announced as from Dublin, Ireland any hold over from being Orish is gone completely:
    DSC03235.jpg

Becky is/was a big Lita fan and her favourite band is Pearl Jam so I guess this gimmick is where this is all coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Rollins swinging the belt around during his entrance was one of the worst things I've seen.

Painful to watch but look at him now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Is this the norm for NXT? Where wrestlers change gimmicks gradually every few weeks, so that the higher ups can see which one suits them for if they were to be called up to the main roster?

Is this the norm for NXT? Where wrestlers change gimmicks gradually every few weeks, so that the higher ups can see which one suits them for if they were to be called up to the main roster?

On TV? No.

They normally take talent off TV for a few months. Like Mike Dalton being in a tag team then being repackaged Tyler Breeze:
    M.Dalton_-_NXT.png

On Live Events/House Show Wrestlers more or so raid the dress up box. And jump back and forward been heel and babyface.

Still not over this being a finisher and Charlotte out wrestling her:
    3honda5.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Awful finisher and even worse sell.

Awful finisher and even worse sell.

How do you sell a fall of up to 5 inches? The gas thing is that Charlotte worked the leg endlessly leading up to it. In the interest of fairness Becky didn't sell the leg in her comeback - few do in modern Wrestling though.

Anyways a lad who I considered a gob****e the best of times called Becky "a bona fide pre-WWE wrestling legend" he is getting a pass for the next few hours: http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.ie/2014/08/the-nxt-process-charlotte.html

Dave Prazak tweeted this tonight. Summer 2011:

BuPamhiIYAA1Za7.jpg

Gas

In memory of her old diddly eye ring gear:
    BuT3y-RCEAA4HRg.png

No idea where this pic originally came from but people were Tweeting it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

she really is stunning!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I try not to perv over girls online too much...but I really love her eyes. Could get lost in them quite easily.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I think rovert has dibs on her lads.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I honestly think she's the most beautiful Diva in recent history. Paige and AJ aren't too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah not a chance are Paige and AJ anywhere near the hottest! You'd see nicer walking through town. Maryse, now there's a sex pot. And Lana. And Maria Kanellis.

re Becky : Her Irish jig gimmick got hammered to bits on OSW Reviews Capital Carnage. The boys were laughing hard. Thankfully she dropped it.

Posing like an eejit for her Music Monday:

BuxSR2dIQAEHK6d.jpg

Her first choice is a great way to kick off the week :eek::

"Nutshell" by Alice in Chains

"Behind Closed Doors" by Rise Against

"State of Love and Trust" by Pearl Jam"

Cross posting from the Podcast thread it reminded of something:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91810129&postcount=931

The deliberately random Japanese tour she did at EIGHTEEN where she was teaming with two wrestlers that just calling them Hall of Famers is a disservice Aja Kong and Gran Hamada:
    BvbkRxsIYAIYv-3.jpg

Becky mixing it up with one of the Brazos because the World is a wonderful place:
    53.jpg

More pictures:
    http://kaikiha.com/report/iwgp/20051119.htm

Watched it the second time round. My opinion went from meh to good for as short as it is. Saw the new gear a few weeks ago so the impact of the change was removed. It was cool to see her get her trademark "wings" at the back of her gear. Her rocker gimmick is over the top but not too over the top so I am fine with it. But even musicians themselves have polarising opinions of how authentic they are rockers. Also it brings comparisons from Lita to Paige to Ashley Massaro to Seth Rollins to Corey Graves. So you are swimming against the tide on all that resistance.

Renee referencing Conor McGregor was class. As much stick I give Renee Young she is pretty intent on getting Becky over. The arguing between her and Bryon was woeful.

Really hope they give her a win or even a push after NXT Takeover II. The crowd really wants to get behind her proper but are given little reason to currently. Wrestling Charlotte is a weird one too as she is half a heel and half a babyface.

A greater and more outside hope is that Becky is included in the WWE 2K15 game when they announce the roster at NXT Takeover II.

Wait there is one more thing. I can't believe they have repackaged Becky with two left arms:
    Bvqa_3TCEAA3sLI.jpg

• Advertisement

Ha! Never noticed that.

Wasn't sure what I thought of her doing the head/hair/yell thing in response to Charlotte's woo's.

I do think they need to put her against another diva though. At this point is Sasha the only other heel diva? We have Bayley, Sasha, Alexa, Charlotte and Becky, outside the main roster appearances. Maybe put her against Alicia Fox and let her get a victory and at least start a feud with someone.

Advertisement