Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

yPeE2T5.gif

Becky doing the Flair strut at Live Event
    http://instagram.com/p/yLyyUasa1x/

Roll on February 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Shocked but delighted if she wins it.

Shocked but delighted if she wins it.

All biases aside I really do think she wins. The Four Way seems to be a way of getting the belt off Charlotte without her getting pinned. If Sasha was the next Champ is would have won it by now. I think they will save Bayley's title win for down the road. Sasha and Becky's relationship seems to be the forefront storyline build for the match. Two weeks ago the commentary mentioned they were an alliance not a friendship.

Before the last NXT Takeover in December I wrote about this exact same Four Way being the plan for that show and at that time Becky was going over. They decided on a singles Sasha vs Charlotte match instead. Maybe Becky winning is no longer the plan at least at one stage.

If you look past February's Takeover what's the next feud if Charlotte gets called up? Anything but Becky vs Sasha (vs Bayley) seems stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yep I can see Becky pinning Sasha to win it and then Charlotte being written off with a further loss.

I just don't think Becky is champ material yet. Then again this is NXT and all about seeing if they sink or swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Becky has grown lately but she's still in Sasha's shadow. Time to give her a chance on her own imo.

Or have Bayley win. I'm grand with both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't see Becky winning, but I can see her preventing Sasha from winning, to start that feud.

Wish Becky Happy Birthday today if you get the chance. She's away from family and friends AND she's mere days away from likely fulfilling one of her greatest ambitions and winning a WWE title.

This is already gaining steam as a hashtag:

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/561147768706973696

https://twitter.com/linafanene1/status/561149867897417728

Lina is the Rock's real cousin. She was in the car with Rock's mother that was struck by a drunk driver last August. She's similarly built as Tamina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Got my tweet favourited by her. I really do wish her the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,693 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I got my birthday tweet favourited by becky and I've also got a retweet off her. I know we are just slightly biased but she is great in the ring and just comes across as a lovely person. So yes I hope she wins the belt at the next nxt ppv.

• Advertisement

Becky and Bayley's twitter war the past 24 hours has been amazing:
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/561660267973836801

I rewatched NXT just there. I've been very critical/over analytical of Becky's matches to the point of never really enjoying them especially on first watch. But she has toned down her OTT facial expressions and the in ring franticness a tremendous deal from a few months ago. Thought she was the best thing in the match last week from an execution standpoint.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

She has changed a lot thankfully, looked out if her comfort zone/trying a bit too much to find that comfortable place. Seems to be more natural now.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v37221587
    ORIGINAL SPECIALS
    WWE CRAZY STUPID LOVE SHOW
    FEBRUARY 09, 2015

Join host Renee Young down the river of love! Also, hear from Superstars and Divas as they discuss the most intimate matters of the heart!
    TV-PG

Becky is a talking head on this. She said Shawn Michaels is her dream date and sing his theme. It is in the last three minutes or so.

Proud of Becky. I think see converted a lot of people in a breakout performance. I got there's loads of gifs of her suplexes tomorrow if Taz was impressed:

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/565697711115337728

Apparently the live crowd thought this was Sasha initially:
    B9nPVVPIUAAoz-T.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I thought it was Sasha at first too. Same colour scheme as Sasha on the last PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Me too.

That was Becky's best work so far imo. She was great. That suplex to Sasha was sick.

I thought it was Sasha at first too. Same colour scheme as Sasha on the last PPV.

Sasha and Becky have the same gear maker in Sasha's boyfriend/fiance:

https://twitter.com/IamMikaze/status/565719621614174210

https://twitter.com/IamMikaze/status/565719274766229504

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    Sasha's boyfriend/fiance:

*Puts @IamMikaze on "the list"*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Great performance by Becky. Hope she takes that Womens Championship someday soon.

While I love Becky I hope she does away with her headbanging. It looks silly and she doesn't need it. Her attire last night was a great improvement though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Her ring gear was a great improvement and yeah I really liked some of the stuff she did in that match like the highlighted pump-handle suplex.

Might sound weird but im actually happy she didn't win the title as I think it is too early for her character but now she can more naturally move into the main event scene as a rivalry with Sasha would def work.

Her ring gear was a great improvement and yeah I really liked some of the stuff she did in that match like the highlighted pump-handle suplex.

Might sound weird but im actually happy she didn't win the title as I think it is too early for her character but now she can more naturally move into the main event scene as a rivalry with Sasha would def work.

Not going into last night's tapings too much but things seem pretty good for her so no complaints. Yeah Becky has stepped it up a lot presentation wise the past year.

Takeover Rival:

tumblr_njoh7ihMWZ1rmv1vdo4_250.gif

January 2014:

zZ6nLYR.jpg

Hope the focus for 2015 is developing a coherent character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Oh my god I am even more in love! Didn't think it was possible but....there you have it!

Cool pic from NXT Rival:

Boi6X6D.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kayfabe!!!! :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Kayfabe!!!! :P

At least Bayley cropped Becky out of this pic when she posted it on social media:
    DteiWjx.jpg

Also Bayley's abs belong in the Divas thread.

In terms of the NXT tapings taped down the road of relevance to Becky:
    * Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte in a #1 contender’s match is next. Becky wins after pinning Bayley while Charlotte had Bayley in a Figure Four.

Just have to share the picture of the pin :p

http://i.imgur.com/GO687yC.jpg

Oddly Alexa Bliss has a title match with Sasha Banks later in the same taping. Hope Becky didn't lose her title shot in a game of conkers with Alexa backstage.

• Advertisement

This interview with Becky just surfaced:

Her story is amazing and she tells it really warmly. There's a few things she hasn't said on record before. If you want to know why I like Becky as much as I do it is there. She's just sound and REALLY loves Wrestling.

Advertisement