Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

3fullback wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking where about are you ranked roughly ? Also have you your medical done ?

I'm in the 190's and did medical at the beginning of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DjLemonBeers

Anyone else in band 2 get a call for physical or medical on 4th? I can't remember which one she said but will get an email later.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

From Band 1 - got a call for the physical for next week, glad things are moving! Medical done and passed in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Anyone else in band 2 get a call for physical or medical on 4th? I can't remember which one she said but will get an email later.

Are you in group 2 ? Where about are you ranked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

I got a call this morning, have the medical on the 5th!!!! Anyone else?

• Advertisement

You have to do the medical before you can go forward to physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Hrm are ringing around all candidates to see if you are available to start on the 17th Nov. They will send in the next class as soon as numbers are ready. Just talking to them today myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

Could someone post the contact number for HRM please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Anyone from group 2 get called for medicals??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conjam1

Lojak wrote: »
    Hrm are ringing around all candidates to see if you are available to start on the 17th Nov. They will send in the next class as soon as numbers are ready. Just talking to them today myself!

Really? I was told the 30th November , anyway they need to give one months notice prior to start date , 17th would be too soon ?

• Advertisement

Conjam1 wrote: »
    Really? I was told the 30th November , anyway they need to give one months notice prior to start date , 17th would be too soon ?

They asked me how short notice I could give .They will be asking everyone this and the first 100 ready will go in.

Is this all group 1 ? Anyone from group 2 hear anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Conjam1

Lojak wrote: »
    They asked me how short notice I could give .They will be asking everyone this and the first 100 ready will go in.

yeah same here , but i was sure i was told that at the earliest we will start is 30th November but i am sure we will find out soon enough .. congrats by the way

Is this all group 1 ? Anyone from group 2 hear anything ?

I was supposed to be in the first intake but my vetting wasnt back in time , i presume its just the ones that are in the same boat as me and the rest of the class will be filled from the repeat fitness on the 4th.

yeah same here , but i was sure i was told that at the earliest we will start is 30th November but i am sure we will find out soon enough .. congrats by the way

Sent you a pm there, congrats aswell. Its a major lift after all this waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

Is there anybody here from the first group who's vetting still hasn't been passed? I'm worried I will miss this class and potentially the one after too

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

just wondering if there is anyone here that was called to attend a garda station for an inform meet then followed by a formal meet? I didnt know this was part of the recruitment process?

fergie199 wrote: »
    just wondering if there is anyone here that was called to attend a garda station for an inform meet then followed by a formal meet? I didnt know this was part of the recruitment process?

All part of the process although some have been more formal than others. Both sergeant and inspector I met were lovely and there were no serious questions.

fergie199 wrote: »

What group are you 1 or 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

What group are you 1 or 2 ?

Im group 1, Thanks eroc, just sorta threw me as i didnt hear of people having to do it. Meeting the Sgt tomorrow, Oh an iv an irish proficiency test nxt week which i know is gonna be a disater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Bish wrote: »
    Could someone post the contact number for HRM please and thanks.

Tel: +353 1 6662347

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

I was told 30th too

• Registered Users Posts: 21 imagine88

eggcellent wrote: »
    I was told 30th too

Did they ring you today saying the start date is the 30th? Or are they just trying to see if they will have a class by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

jmone wrote: »
    Is there anybody here from the first group who's vetting still hasn't been passed? I'm worried I will miss this class and potentially the one after too

Ya. Not looking too good for us. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

eggcellent wrote: »
    I was told 30th too
    That's a Sunday....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

mickaleen wrote: »
    That's a Sunday....:D

So? Lol! Go down Sunday night to start Monday morn :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

ansmcwilla wrote: »
    So? Lol! Go down Sunday night to start Monday morn :-)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

mickaleen wrote: »
    :D

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tmanb

jrobertos wrote: »
    Ya. Not looking too good for us. Disaster

Was told by hr yesterday that my vetting would have to be in by next week to have a small chance of making it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

It's absolutely ridiculous that we haven't been told one way or another yet. Five months in limbo with no sign of an answer

Advertisement