Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

tictac__x wrote: »
    They said it has been returned it just needs proofing, and idea from anyone what exactly proofing is?

Just a final read through the document to ensure it has been completed properly and whatnot. The background investigation / research would be done at that stage so just a final read-through to make sure all is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Between 380 and 390, mate is between 420-430

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Please keep posting a general idea of your place so as to give idea of how big the group is !

Would it be fair to say it's a continuation as it seems that no one is below 250 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Yah, i'd be 99% sure it's a continuation anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Unbelievable Jeff

Hi folks I got an email yesterday saying I was placed between 435-440 and immediately thought damn I am to low to make the Jan intake. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Hi folks I got an email yesterday saying I was placed between 435-440 and immediately thought damn I am to low to make the Jan intake. Any thoughts?

people in the 180s and 190s got into the first class

your position is a continuation of the panel

so yes your more than likely in the Jan class, however, depending on fitness, medicals and backgrounds - you could squeeze into the DEC class

keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

I got 390-400

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Unbelievable Jeff

EveAlex wrote: »
    people in the 180s and 190s got into the first class

your position is a continuation of the panel

so yes your more than likely in the Jan class, however, depending on fitness, medicals and backgrounds - you could squeeze into the DEC class

keep the faith!

Thanks for the reply EveAlex. Makes me feel better about it now! Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

In or around 380. Pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

a class will start the end of november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

coach23 wrote: »
    a class will start the end of november

Did you hear this from a reliable source?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Bish wrote: »

Nothing confirmed but there has been plenty of discussion about a class starting in Nov / Dec followed by one in January. Considering we are heading into the 1st week in November though you would imagine an announcement would have to be made soon if there is one starting at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DjLemonBeers

I got 440-450, any idea of how high the order of merit went for the June folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

I got 440-450, any idea of how high the order of merit went for the June folks?

Somebody mentioned 240 so if roughly the same amount got through, around 480 should be highest number in our group.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

The batch in Templemore at the moment goes up to about 200 but the other 100 people who didn't make the first intake will have repeated medicals and physicals and have their vetting back now so some will get a place in the November/December intake too so I would bear that in mind.

With regards to when the next intake will be, Gardai in the college say they're ready to accept a new intake as soon as the 17th November with induction week on the 10th but there just won't be 100 people ready to start then (with having to give notice to work etc) so I would imagine that they'll start as soon as 100 have passed medicals and physicals.

Best of luck with medicals and physicals, we're all looking forward to seeing ye! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I passed my interview back in May betweeen 230-240.
    I since went for the interviews with the sergeant and super and did the information day in Templemore.

I still haven't heard anything in relation to doing a medical or physical

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I passed my interview back in May betweeen 230-240.
    I since went for the interviews with the sergeant and super and did the information day in Templemore.

I still haven't heard anything in relation to doing a medical or physical

Hi, I too passed interview back in May, placed 180-190, Did my medical back in June though, just waiting on fitness test.

You should call HRM and see what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Hey guys just looking for some advice, I can do the beep test no problem on the treadmill and reach above the required standard, just when I apply it to the beep test itself over twenty meters including turns i dont seem to be doing as well. Any advice on how i could improve, is it just a case of practicing it over the twenty meters. Maybe I need to work on my pacing, any advice or feedback with yer training and what ye found hepful would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

Just one foot has to pass the line. So if you practice putting one foot on the line and turning straight away. You'll spare seconds and energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

tictac__x wrote: »
    Hey guys just looking for some advice, I can do the beep test no problem on the treadmill and reach above the required standard, just when I apply it to the beep test itself over twenty meters including turns i dont seem to be doing as well. Any advice on how i could improve, is it just a case of practicing it over the twenty meters. Maybe I need to work on my pacing, any advice or feedback with yer training and what ye found hepful would be great!

With a been test it's the slowing down, speeding up and turning that saps your energy. All I can say is practice as often as you can and as above just hit the line, don't go beyond it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Just wondering did anybody contact PAS today or anyone enquiring about the order of merit? Is it continued etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Just wondering did anybody contact PAS today or anyone enquiring about the order of merit? Is it continued etc.?

I'd say you can take it as a given that it's continued. There seems to be noone here ranked better than 250.

I'd say you can take it as a given that it's continued. There seems to be noone here ranked better than 250.

I'm in the 230s.
    I just got off the phone with HRM.
    I never actually spoke to them before so I just said I wanted to check on the status of my application.
    Was told everything is okay, they just need to put a file together for the commissioner

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I'm in the 230s.
    I just got off the phone with HRM.
    I never actually spoke to them before so I just said I wanted to check on the status of my application.
    Was told everything is okay, they just need to put a file together for the commissioner
    What group are you from ? group 1 or 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Physicals taking place next week.

3fullback wrote: »
    What group are you from ? group 1 or 2 ?

Group 1

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Bish wrote: »

yes

eroc79 wrote: »
    Physicals taking place next week.

Physicals for group 1 or group 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

3fullback wrote: »
    Physicals for group 1 or group 2 ?

I'm from group 1.

• Advertisement

eroc79 wrote: »
    I'm from group 1.
    If you don't mind me asking where about are you ranked roughly ? Also have you your medical done ?

Advertisement