Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

So has anyone else received a repeat date for the 4th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Yep got an email for repeat yesterday for the 4th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Anyone any idea when the medicals will be for the September interviewees? Should we be hearing soon Too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the medicals will be for the September interviewees? Should we be hearing soon Too?

As far as I understand it depends on your vetting clearance. I passed my interview in the first interview back in may (?) I think and have yet to hear about my medical as my vetting isn't back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

As far as I understand it depends on your vetting clearance. I passed my interview in the first interview back in may (?) I think and have yet to hear about my medical as my vetting isn't back yet.

I'm in exact same position as you. So pissing off. We could actually miss next 2 groups its taking so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Were ye able to find out much info on the vetting delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Nope, just that they are waiting on some part of it to come back. They tell you nothing which is so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I spoke to HRM, they said that the only fitness tests occurring on the 4th Nov are for repeats, the college will be contacting them with dates for the next set of PCT's "soon hopefully".

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I'd say they are trying to fill the class for December ASAP. Anyone that passed their interview in Sept/Oct will struggle to have their vettting/family background check all cleared in such a short space of time. Only a guess on my part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Was anyone given any indication of a start date for the next intake from HQ?

• Advertisement

Just recieved an email back from HRM responding to my query about the garda vetting. They said it has been returned it just needs proofing, and idea from anyone what exactly proofing is?

tictac__x wrote: »
    Just recieved an email back from HRM responding to my query about the garda vetting. They said it has been returned it just needs proofing, and idea from anyone what exactly proofing is?

No idea what that means, they just told me my vetting was back but couldn't discuss it... What stage are you at? Have you done the Fitness/Medical? When was your interview?

I did my interview in June, passed medical but have to repeat fitness test on the 4th of November. When I rang them yesterday they said they would email me whether or not it has been returned as they were extremely busy. Maybe they got a large batch returned to them yesterday, and still need to proof read through them all. Just a guess though I could be wrong, just wondering what proofing entails!

tictac__x wrote: »
    I did my interview in June, passed medical but have to repeat fitness test on the 4th of November. When I rang them yesterday they said they would email me whether or not it has been returned as they were extremely busy. Maybe they got a large batch returned to them yesterday, and still need to proof read through them all. Just a guess though I could be wrong, just wondering what proofing entails!

Ah cool, you're similar to myself, I did interview in June too, passed medical and never sat my fitness as I picked up an injury at the time, so deferred the fitness. I was really hoping i'd get a shout for the fitness test on the 4th considering i was part of that first batch of candidates, but when I rang them they weren't really telling me much.

Good luck with the repeat in any case!

Ya surely you'll be in with a good chance of making the december intake, only makes sense really! Hopefully you wont be left waiting too long anyway, best of luck :)

Cheers mate, appreciate it - here's hoping anyway!

Hopefully they have offers out on the 7th after the fitness resits on the 4th. That would be in line with the months notice they gave recruits in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Hey guys, just got an email there about the order of merit. Just wondering if they gave our batch(august/sept) interviews a new number batch or if we carried on from the previous group, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just got an email there about the order of merit. Just wondering if they gave our batch(august/sept) interviews a new number batch or if we carried on from the previous group, cheers

Wondering the same. I was ranked 322 so I assume that many didn't pass interview in September so id say its overall how many people are waiting. Correct me if I'm wrong tho

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Bish wrote: »
    Wondering the same. I was ranked 322 so I assume that many didn't pass interview in September so id say its overall how many people are waiting. Correct me if I'm wrong tho

Ya mate it seems like they were continued, congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Somebody ring public jobs !

Sounds like they continued on folks, sure how many did they interview in September?

I did June interview and placed between 150-200, i think they interviewed about 240 at the time. So probably number 1 from your group is ranked 241?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bish

djor88 wrote: »
    Sounds like they continued on folks, sure how many did they interview in September?

I did June interview and placed between 150-200, i think they interviewed about 240 at the time. So probably number 1 from your group is ranked 241?

I think around the same number was interviewed in September. Would it be wishful thinking to think that the recruits in temple more at the moment are included in that order of merit. Anyway it's great to get this far and well and truly in the mix. I suppose the only way of finding out is through the helpline. I assume it's closed around this time?

Bish wrote: »
    I think around the same number was interviewed in September. Would it be wishful thinking to think that the recruits in temple more at the moment are included in that order of merit. Anyway it's great to get this far and well and truly in the mix. I suppose the only way of finding out is through the helpline. I assume it's closed around this time?

I'd say the recruits in Templemore at the moment are included, as that was 1-100 or thereabouts. I'm from that first batch of interviews from June and my order of merit stands, so I'd say you're right in thinking that they're included. I'd say give a call on Tuesday will be your best bet! No harm in ringing and it'll stop speculation.

Is there anybody from group 2 with a order of merit below 200 ?

Could people please give an idea of where they're ranked I am 300-310 !

This may quell speculation !

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hopeful8

There's a class going in at the end of November

hopeful8 wrote: »
    There's a class going in at the end of November

December and January

• Registered Users Posts: 6 codthumper

Could someone tell me what the education requirements are for the garda please

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

I'm between 250-260, so if they're continued it looks like a result!!!

• Advertisement

Well done lads, things seem to be getting moving rightly. Hopefully there will be a class in December.

Advertisement