Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Had PCT and fitness in Templemore this week and passed everything except the Push/Pull machine. Can anyone advise on technique for this please? I couldn't seem to get the resistance up quick enough.

Hard luck a bit of practice on technique and you'll get it next time round no bother to you ! Was their many fails on the day ? Many there all together ?
    Are you male / female ? 20s or 30s ? Tall or small ? what resistance did you achieve ?

PM me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

Had PCT and fitness in Templemore this week and passed everything except the Push/Pull machine. Can anyone advise on technique for this please? I couldn't seem to get the resistance up quick enough.

Did you go to the induction day thing? At that they show you a good technique to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Snowblizzard

Thanks for all the advice!! Yes, went to open day and saw a demo but didn't have the opportunity to test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ana2676

Lojak wrote: »
    Very good, when have you the open day? Have you done the medical/fitness?

Done the medical, open day on 15, fitness on 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Everytime

Anybody from group 2 get contacted about starting in December ?

• Advertisement

Everytime wrote: »
    Anybody from group 2 get contacted about starting in December ?

I don't think anybody in group 2 has the fitness test done yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juno123

Hi folks, Just a quick question. Does your vetting need to back in order to be called for a medical and fitness? I am in group 2 and I am waiting on a call. Met sergeant and super but no word since.

juno123 wrote: »
    Hi folks, Just a quick question. Does your vetting need to back in order to be called for a medical and fitness? I am in group 2 and I am waiting on a call. Met sergeant and super but no word since.

What was your order of merit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juno123

I am in the early 300's. It is tough waiting, I just wish I knew what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

juno123 wrote: »
    I am in the early 300's. It is tough waiting, I just wish I knew what was happening.

It doesnt get easier lads, im like a lot of people who have been waiting since June because of vetting! Hopefully yous get sorted quicker.

• Advertisement

Just wondering do the people who are waiting on their garda vetting know why you are waiting ? Is it due to being from another country or would you have had a previous conviction/caution ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eggcellent

Lojak is yours still not back??

eggcellent wrote: »
    Lojak is yours still not back??

It came back a couple of weeks ago thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Well done to all who have gotten this far, quick question that some here might be able to answer:
    Had my informal meet with sergeant on monday and was given the thumbs up but havent recieved a call yet from the super, anybody else have this yet?
    Does having these informal meetings mean you're vetting has been cleared?
    Gonna ring on monday to see but just looking for peoples advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Well done to all who have gotten this far, quick question that some here might be able to answer:
    Had my informal meet with sergeant on monday and was given the thumbs up but havent recieved a call yet from the super, anybody else have this yet?
    Does having these informal meetings mean you're vetting has been cleared?
    Gonna ring on monday to see but just looking for peoples advice.

If you got the thumbs up from the sergeant then you will get the call for the meeting with your local inspector or superintendent eventually.
    It doesn't mean your vetting is cleared though, I had my meetings back in July and there are still a few things on my vetting that need to be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tank1094

Hi guys, been following this for a while now and wondering how do you find out if your vetting has come back or not..?
    I'm in the low 300's and initially thought it was a good score however have absolutely no idea now haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Anyone reckon they might send on the letters for the second intake this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WillOR

Anyone reckon they might send on the letters for the second intake this week?

They'd better if we're to start on the 30th of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭whoahya

Where is this talk of starting in November or December coming from?
    Would it not be more likely for us to start in January??

whoahya wrote: »

There is a class going in before christmas, hrm have rang a few of us that have all stages passed to see if we are ready for 30th november.

• Advertisement

I got a phone call the day after the fitness test asking if I was to start on the 30th of November how much notice I would need to give my current employer.

WillOR wrote: »
    I got a phone call the day after the fitness test asking if I was to start on the 30th of November how much notice I would need to give my current employer.

Oh right, cheers bud.
    Ive got everything done myself, so its just a case of waiting, but we're well used to that!

Lojak wrote: »
    There is a class going in before christmas, hrm have rang a few of us that have all stages passed to see if we are ready for 30th november.

Didnt know that. Thanks!
    Will hopefully get contacted too!

Oh right, cheers bud.
    Ive got everything done myself, so its just a case of waiting, but we're well used to that!

I just hope they give us enough notice when we do get called!
    Not just to give work notice but I would rather not have to pay an extra months accommodation when I wont even be here... Especially considering all we have to buy when we go down!

I just hope they give us enough notice when we do get called!
    Not just to give work notice but I would rather not have to pay an extra months accommodation when I wont even be here... Especially considering all we have to buy when we go down!

Totally. Ive heard somewhere (probably on this!) that they'd give us a months notice, but whether that's true or not is another story

Totally. Ive heard somewhere (probably on this!) that they'd give us a months notice, but whether that's true or not is another story

I was told that originally (I think at the interview stage?) but looks like we'll only be getting 2 weeks (from what I've heard but could just be rumor).

I was told that originally (I think at the interview stage?) but looks like we'll only be getting 2 weeks (from what I've heard but could just be rumor).

yeah actually, I think I remember hearing it in HQ on the day of the medical. I hope the two weeks thing is just a rumour. Its very little notice in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

I'd happily take two weeks notice if it means getting to start. You don't have to accept if that's not enough time.

Edit: It's actually closer to three weeks notice if we get notice early this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stephengriffin

I'd happily take two weeks notice if it means getting to start. You don't have to accept if that's not enough time.

Edit: It's actually closer to three weeks notice if we get notice early this week.

Yeah I'd jump at the chance, my pct isn't until the 18th, does that mean I'm not in in December ??

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd jump at the chance, my pct isn't until the 18th, does that mean I'm not in in December ??

Just wondering how did you find out when your PCT was ? I've completed the medical and just waiting a date for the PCT !

Advertisement