Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Lojak wrote: »
    As far as I know your local station will be doing a lot of it.

I doubt the local station would do that much. I'd imagine HQ would be the vetting??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Murdy

carzony wrote: »
    I doubt the local station would do that much. I'd imagine HQ would be the vetting??

Yes, it's a vetting section somewhere but where is "somewhere", if I can ascertain that then I can go about trying to make contact with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Have any/many people actually been rejected due to vetting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Have any/many people actually been rejected due to vetting yet?

Not rejected , however ther are quite a few waiting 5 months to be cleared and have still not heard what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

imagine88 wrote: »
    1. Bleep test
    2. Sit ups and push ups - standard 90 degree sit ups, hands at the side of your head for every sit up
    <<Break>> an hour up to two hours.
    3. Obstacle course
    4. Push pull test

Cool thanks. And is it straight into the sit ups after beep test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Flynners89 wrote: »
    Cool thanks. And is it straight into the sit ups after beep test?

We got a nice few mins to rest in between. Easily 5 to 10 min break.

When are the next set of physicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

20times wrote: »
    When are the next set of physicals?

Apparently they're looking at end of October/early November for the next set, however this can change as we know, but a good guideline to go by.

Get training, either way it'll be before end of next month.

djor88 wrote: »
    Apparently they're looking at end of October/early November for the next set, however this can change as we know, but a good guideline to go by.

Get training, either way it'll be before end of next month.

Ive mine done since June, just wondering when the next set was that's all :-)

Murdy wrote: »
    Thanks Flynners89 this is the sort of info. I'm looking for. Can u establish if it's possible for me to phone Thurles to find out position ? Getting placed in top 10 and still jobless and by the looks of it no prospect of getting in next round is demoralising.

Just pm you there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Tmanb

Just pm you there

I'm in the same boat myself is it as simple as ringing thurles ?

Tmanb wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat myself is it as simple as ringing thurles ?

Can't do any harm anyway. Should be at least able to tell you what stage the vetting is at

Can't do any harm anyway. Should be at least able to tell you what stage the vetting is at

Is there any number that I can ring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Tmanb wrote: »
    Is there any number that I can ring ?
    Yeah same here please?

I rang HQ this morning, still no sign of anything. They said they have been onto the Department to get a move on. Not much good to me if I'm left behind in the next 2 intakes.

Pm'd ye there. Probably can post it here but not sure so just playing it safe

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ansmcwilla

Hey,

I have everything done bar a retest of part of the physical, has anyone heard anything about us? The group that have to redo it and whoever deferred the physical the last time I presume will be next to go down once completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jmone

Murdy wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where the vetting section is based, would it be the central vetting unit in Thurles ? Surely ther must be some way to make a inquiry on our vetting positions, that is those of us who passed interviews in June, and are still waiting. Maybe collectively we could get something done if there are many of us ?

There seems to be enough of us who did our tests in the Summer to try and do something together with regards to the vetting. Ideas?

ansmcwilla wrote: »
    Hey,

I have everything done bar a retest of part of the physical, has anyone heard anything about us? The group that have to redo it and whoever deferred the physical the last time I presume will be next to go down once completed?

What circumstances do they allow retests? Did u fail part of it?

What circumstances do they allow retests? Did u fail part of it?

You get a second chance at it. I failed one part passed the other 4 parts. Just anxious to know what the story is, came in top 70 of the first interviews so would be nice to get going :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks

GVU in Thurles only does a background check on you. It takes 2-4 weeks. So that wouldn't be the hold up. The hold up is the check on Aunts, Uncles etc...especially ones living abroad....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

3fullback wrote: »
    200 all together ie. 100 in December and 100 in January and good play with words !!

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR14000282

200 new recruits to enter Garda College in December and January
    Minister Fitzgerald welcomed the €40 million increase in the current budget allocation for An Garda Síochána, which reflects a 5% increase in the allocation for Garda payroll compared to budget day last year.
    The Minister stated: “This funding substantially addresses the underlying payroll shortfall of the Garda vote and will allow me to proceed with my objective of ongoing recruitment of new Gardaí.”
    The Minister announced two further intakes of recruits to the Garda College in Templemore, the first 100 to take place before the end of this year with a further intake of 100 in January 2015. 100 new recruits already entered Garda College in September 2014
    The Minister said she will continue to monitor Garda staffing levels during 2015 with a view to agreeing further intakes to Garda College as required.

This is great news. I am surprised it is happening so quick. Three bits of good news in two days. Also just got approved for FIS so that is a major help, otherwise I wouldn't be going and my oldest daughter (5) won an IPad. I think I could probably use that in the college.

I wonder if the credit unions allow you to borrow before you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Boo yeah!
    Vetting back and clear, only took 4 months.

Hank26 wrote: »
    Boo yeah!

The relief 👌

Hank26 wrote: »
    Boo yeah!

Did u ring to find out? What they say :)

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Lads can anyone explain to me what the order of merit is all about? Thing that's making me confused is it to justify how quick you get in should you pass the relevant stages? By reading this the vetting seems to be doing that by itself?

If the vetting followed the order of merit, I wouldn't be waiting now

With the push ups, obviously you can't drop but can you pause half way through and if so what kind of position do u take?

With the push ups, obviously you can't drop but can you pause half way through and if so what kind of position do u take?

You can pause, once you stay in the push up position. I suppose it's best not to, as it'll make the last few harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Regarding the vetting folks, I asked HR if mine was back, they said that they were not in the position to discuss vetting, but said that my vetting was back.

Should I assume that it came back clear?

Advertisement