Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Scouser wrote: »
    Im suggesting that people keep hold of what they have, don’t hand in notice, don’t put their eggs in one basket. This could all go belly up and we're all put on ice

The info trickling down is not good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

WilcoOut wrote: »
    The info trickling down is not good

Are you privy to some info the rest of us aren't?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Is there more info Wilco or are you just on about the articles?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

My opinion/guess:

Complete cock up on their side regarding financing the recruitment - no idea how, but that seems what has happened.

Highly doubt that they’ll scrap any of the 300 – with numbers so low, they NEED to take in at least this amount, and more next year.

I’m expecting each class to be pushed forward 2 months because of the July being pushed to September. They have reasons why each class are about 3 months apart.

So I’d say November may be January, January may be March…

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Everyone needs to calm down a smidge. Recruitment will start in the coming 6 to 8 weeks. This is a delay not unlike any in the Public Service. Was bound to happen really.

If there was any likelihood the plug would be pulled then you wouldn't have the next round of candidates sitting their Stage 3 exams this week. The recruitment drive continues, the start date just needs to be settled once the funds are allocated, which I have no doubt they will be.

Don't let your impatience get the better of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Its not impatience at all - its all based on knowledge

But I do echo your sentiment, lets all cool the jets

Its on the long finger for now, nothing us minions can do about it

Speculation does not equal knowledge scouser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It's good training for ye. Ye can get used to being treated like **** by your authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Rothmans wrote: »
    Speculation does not equal knowledge scouser.

Whats speculative about a fact?

Read the paper? Talk to the TDs? Supers and chiefs?

Its common knowledge. We're on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

Articles just went up on RTE and The Journal.

From The Journal:

"Announcing the recommencement of garda training, Fitzgerald said that she understands the Public Appointments Service will soon be in touch with the successful applications to advise them of the offer to attend Templemore."

• Advertisement

Well I hope the minister's announcement allays the fears some posters had. Hmmm, I wonder will we know tomorrow, or today even!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

But i thought PAS involvement finished after stage 4?!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Well I hope the minister's announcement allays the fears some posters had. Hmmm, I wonder will we know tomorrow, or today even!

When I spoke to HRM on Monday I was told everything was ready and they were just waiting for official start date.. So with that in mind it could well be next couple of days. Maybe there is still some delays with vetting but I presume they can't wait forever and will have to make a decision to go ahead with the top 100 who have everything passed and are fully vetted.

But i thought PAS involvement finished after stage 4?!

Yeah, but no need to get bogged down in the minor details - focus on the substantive issue, that there will be an intake in early September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    It's good training for ye. Ye can get used to being treated like **** by your authorities.

As constructive as always Santa Cruz, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Yeah, but no need to get bogged down in the minor details - focus on the substantive issue, that there will be an intake in early September!

We hope

In two weeks it has gone from July to September. It may be Dec - it may be 2016 for all we know

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Well we know the instructors are on their way anyway so its all good. Their transfer date is 02/09-Tuesday.

Give it another week or 2 guys and you'll be on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

I would feel more comfortable if the minister had even mentioned the second intake. At least the first intake is assured now with this announcement. Has anybody around the 200 mark spoke to HRM since all this news broke?

Chirper I got a got there a few minutes ago wanting confirmation if I'd do a medical next week and physical the week after. I am just inside the top 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭eroc79

Same here. Next tues.

Medicals and physicals could be starting up again so. Im in the 220's so hopefully ill here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nios89

Oh wow, will be glued to my phone now that more medicals are on the way!!

Got my medical for next week aswell just there

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

Hi ladies and gentlemen. This is my first post. How are we all? I felt a little bit uneasy after recent developments over the last few days and I appreciate the effort so many of you are going to in order to keep everyone informed by posting news articles etc. I should have joined much earlier!

I placed in the top 120, so I am worried that I will miss out in the first (and likely only certain) intake, since there will only be 100 recruits with 10% coming from the Irish stream. Do you reckon I am in with a chance?

Thanks for your help guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Well, I'm placed in the early 130s and I'm hoping to make the first intake :-)

There has been a lot of fails and deferrals at stage 5, so we have a good chance of making the first intake. Only time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Well, I'm placed in the early 130s and I'm hoping to make the first intake :-)

There has been a lot of fails and deferrals at stage 5, so we have a good chance of making the first intake. Only time will tell!

Can you defer stage 5? Also if you fail medical or physical do you get to re-test or are you gone like other stages?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

kev-bt wrote: »
    Can you defer stage 5? Also if you fail medical or physical do you get to re-test or are you gone like other stages?
    We had someone on here fail the medical and that was the end of the road for them. I've heard of a few people getting a second chance at the physical though.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

We had someone on here fail the medical and that was the end of the road for them. I've heard of a few people getting a second chance at the physical though.

Thanks for that, handy to know if i get that far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Chirper wrote: »
    Got my medical for next week aswell just there

This is interesting, there is another round of medical a starting next week?

Advertisement