Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    In the indo article, How did ya one on the left get through the medical and physical tests.....

Good honest hard work I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

They wont pull the plug on it. One recruitment was all that was confirmed all along officially but there will be more. It's not like before where they had to scale back for the recession. If they dont stick to these recruitments there will be blue flu and uproar in the media. It just might be january for the second intake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

They wont pull the plug on it. One recruitment was all that was confirmed all along officially but there will be more. It's not like before where they had to scale back for the recession. If they dont stick to these recruitments there will be blue flu and uproar in the media. It just might be january for the second intake!!!

Hopefully you're right - i don't expect them to cancel the classes, but you would think some consideration and honesty would be given to people that have come so far and put so much into going for these positions.

I know people will say "get used to it", "this is how the guards work" etc... But that still doesn't justify it or make it right.

Long long long process.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm just delighted that we seemingly will be able to give appropriate notice to our current employers.

If it's September it's September and so be it. More time to prepare for essentially being on the dole for those of us used to a full salary at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

If this is the case then anyone who did a medical in June and is in the second batch will have to resit a medical as they only last 6 months.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Lojak wrote: »

If this is the case then anyone who did a medical in June and is in the second batch will have to resit a medical as they only last 6 months.!!

Back on the diet so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Lojak wrote: »

Yeah. I doubt they'll let that happen though. I suspect they may take in two batches of 150 instead of three batches of 100 to avoid this

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I doubt that Rothmans, I reckon they'll take the 100/104/105 in September and then bring the next batch in sometime in December.

mickaleen wrote: »
    I doubt that Rothmans, I reckon they'll take the 100/104/105 in September and then bring the next batch in sometime in December.

Yeah, that was the other theory I had, and hopefully it'll pan out like that. I am in the top 100 with everything passed, so I should be in the first class, depending on vetting of course! However, if I'm put in the second class, I would hope it would be in December, as I don't relish the thought of having to repeat stage 5!

I wonder how far up they'll go up the order of merit for the first class, given medical fails/deferrals, as well as the high rate of fails at physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Rothmans wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the other theory I had, and hopefully it'll pan out like that. I am in the top 100 with everything passed, so I should be in the first class, depending on vetting of course! However, if I'm put in the second class, I would hope it would be in December, as I don't relish the thought of having to repeat stage 5!

I wonder how far up they'll go up the order of merit for the first class, given medical fails/deferrals, as well as the high rate of fails at physical.

If I were to hazard a guess I would say anyone someone at the 120-125 mark would be borderline for first intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I spoke to HR a while back, they said October class would likely be November, as Oct was too soon after July (obviously changed now) but that they wouldn't start a class in December because of Christmas, so if November isn't happening, then we'll be looking at January i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

And if you rang them back again today you'd be told something else and likewise tomorrow etc.....nobody knows really what's happening....

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Fruitless to speculate about the second class - sure the first one has been parked for the time being!

Close this thread now so we may preserve our sanity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

So, what do you reckon lads and ladies, do you think we will hear anything this week?

So, what do you reckon lads and ladies, do you think we will hear anything this week?

Well according to that independent article, we can expect to be informed 'shortly'. But what constitutes 'shortly' is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Well they are in no rush now as such as it 6 weeks away. Still would be surprised if we still have nothing heard this day week.

octigen wrote: »
    Well they are in no rush now as such as it 6 weeks away. Still would be surprised if we still have nothing heard this day week.

Same here. Given that they had been working towards the 21st of July, I would think that they'll let us know pretty quickly once they get the official date!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Havn't posted in a while, my six week deferral is up next week and I'm wondering if they'll have another round of pcts soon. Seeing that article in the independant this morning has made me doubt that they will even have a second intake!

Chem Lord wrote: »
    Havn't posted in a while, my six week deferral is up next week and I'm wondering if they'll have another round of pcts soon. Seeing that article in the independant this morning has made me doubt that they will even have a second intake!

Ah given that they're bringing the second tranche from band forward I wouldn't worry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Rothmans wrote: »
    Ah given that they're bringing the second tranche from band forward I wouldn't worry about that

great word :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LockieFF

Latest news on the tippfm website on the following pages....although it doesn't say much of anything we don't already know!

/news/news_detail/garda_recruitment_delayed

/news/news_detail/garda_body_critical_of_delay_in_restarting_recruitment

Sorry I can't post the full link as I'm only a newbie *sniff sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

LockieFF wrote: »
    Latest news on the tippfm website on the following pages....although it doesn't say much of anything we don't already know!

/news/news_detail/garda_recruitment_delayed

/news/news_detail/garda_body_critical_of_delay_in_restarting_recruitment

Sorry I can't post the full link as I'm only a newbie *sniff sniff*

Cheers for those. Here are the links.

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/garda_recruitment_delayed
    http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/garda_body_critical_of_delay_in_restarting_recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

almeraguy wrote: »

it's expected that the recruits will enter the training college by the end of September.

Now it is the end of september, great!

Shifty13 wrote: »
    it's expected that the recruits will enter the training college by the end of September.

Now it is the end of september, great!

christmas week lads

we'll be lucky if its even this year by the sounds of things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

It will happen sooner rather than later. At least we are in this position. Enjoy the summer now

Dongaz wrote: »
    It will happen sooner rather than later. At least we are in this position. Enjoy the summer now

Plug could be pulled at anytime on any political whim. The rug has been slightly pulled from under us already and it was nearly taken fully no more than 7 days ago. We're on a knife edge lads and ladies

Scouser wrote: »
    Plug could be pulled at anytime on any political whim. The rug has been slightly pulled from under us already and it was nearly taken fully no more than 7 days ago. We're on a knife edge lads and ladies

It wont be pulled. Stop scare mongering. It doesnt help anything.

It wont be pulled. Stop scare mongering. It doesnt help anything.

I am merely informing all assembled here

I stand to lose out as much as everyone so scare mongering holds no gain for me

Scouser wrote: »
    I am merely informing all assembled here

I stand to lose out as much as everyone so scare mongering holds no gain for me

And what do you suggest will happen......? That they will dump all of us and start a new campaign or that they will dump all of us and then they wont recruit and go under 10,000 in the force and there will be massive consequences? I think we can all agree its going to happen its just taking a little longer than expected

• Advertisement

Im suggesting that people keep hold of what they have, don’t hand in notice, don’t put their eggs in one basket. This could all go belly up and we're all put on ice

Advertisement