Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow 200 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Btown

Have an entry for the 200k going spare due to injury. Based in Booterstown and working in city centre. Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ratbike

Btown wrote: »
    Have an entry for the 200k going spare due to injury. Based in Booterstown and working in city centre. Pm me if interested

i'll take it of your hands working in wicklow tomorrow can come back through town on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Best of luck to everyone taking part. I'd love to join you all but I'll be in China until the end of the month. Hope the weather is cooperative.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VelocityGirl

I also have an entry I cannot use due to an injury side-lining me for a few weeks. If anyone would like it please PM. I'm based in Christchurch/City Centre area for pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WinLoseorDraw

Hello VelocityGirl, Ill take that entry if still available...PM sent.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

so, what are the food stops like anyone? is it literally a sandwich and tea/coffee or would there be bananas and cake and the likes? are the food stops in a community centre type place?
    i like to "preventive" eat so always worry about the next meal! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VelocityGirl

Hello VelocityGirl, Ill take that entry if still available...PM sent.
    Thanks!

Thanks WinLoseorDraw. It's yours! Replied to PM. Use in good health :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

thekooman wrote: »
    so, what are the food stops like anyone? is it literally a sandwich and tea/coffee or would there be bananas and cake and the likes? are the food stops in a community centre type place?

Sandwiches, bananas, cake, tea/coffee and isotonic drink sachets to mix in your water bottle at the main stops.
    Gels and energy drinks etc at some of the hilltop feedzones.

There is no fear of starving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

ragazzo wrote: »
    Sandwiches, bananas, cake, tea/coffee and isotonic drink sachets to mix in your water bottle at the main stops.
    Gels and energy drinks etc at some of the hilltop feedzones.

There is no fear of starving!

excellent. can't blame my bad hill climbing on the lack of food so! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

looks like the weather is going to be ok for the day. looking forward to this now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Greytop

bedirect wrote: »
    yes you could do that, but it is good to support this charity event

This is not a charity, it's a fund raiser for the IVA

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

looks like the weather is going to be ok for the day. looking forward to this now

I saw 36km wind on msn for Wicklow!

Where you looking at Rover? I am thinking of bringing a sail if my report is right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

thekooman wrote: »

queues at earlier food stops tend to be large , long and time consuming. best to bring some cash and stop at next shop/ garage. queues at later food stops , tend to be quiter , no delays .

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Looks like a bit of rain and a south to north wind of wait for it, 27km/h at least that will be on our backs on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

cheerspal wrote: »
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Looks like a bit of rain and a south to north wind of wait for it, 27km/h at least that will be on our backs on the way home.

I'm looking at this (normally accurate): moderate southern breezes and some rain - mostly before lunchtime

That looks alot better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

cheerspal wrote: »
    That looks alot better!

Unfortunately, it's looking a lot worse today:

Same amount of rain until lunchtime but more wind :(
    LOTS of rain in the afternoon :eek:

It's still a little far out to be accurate, but Met Eireann, YR and Accuweather broadly agree. Whatever the truth, I doubt if it will be as good as last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

route66 wrote: »
    Same amount of rain until lunchtime but more wind :(
    LOTS of rain in the afternoon :eek:

Ah Jaysus....

This could change still *face palm*

Also how many checkpoints are there and at what stages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Still have an entry that I cannot use - based on the south side but will be in the city centre tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

weather is changing by the hour. We won't know until tomorrow/Saturday for sure.288a9lf.jpg

c0rk3r wrote: »
    weather is changing by the hour. We won't know until tomorrow/Saturday for sure.288a9lf.jpg

Dress for heat stroke or hypothermia - that'll cover all eventualities

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Dress for heat stroke or hypothermia - that'll cover all eventualities

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Jaysus you'd be weary reading all this babble about the weather . . What ever will be will be and we won't know till Sunday . . . Do we have to make such a kafuffle about it . . . .! !

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Anyone know a crew starting early from Hollywood or thereabouts, under time pressure sunday from control central

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Sammo13

Looks like the rain will come in from the south - attached YR forecast for Rathdrum on Sunday.. not good..

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Rathdrum/long.html

Might be best to get going very early 6 - 6.30am and get most of it done in dry weather.. fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

Also a newcomer to the Wicklow 200. First time in the event and really looking forward to it.

Question on start time - does everyone start together at 7:00 a.m, as website says, or do people roll up after that time and start at whatever time they are there at?

Roland27 wrote: »
    Also a newcomer to the Wicklow 200. First time in the event and really looking forward to it.

Question on start time - does everyone start together at 7:00 a.m, as website says, or do people roll up after that time and start at whatever time they are there at?

Not a mass start so once you've registered off you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Registration desk opens at 6:00am. You can start anytime after you register. There is no mass start.

Advertisement