Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow 200 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

What weight are you pharma?

I'm 88kg but also sweat like a pig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pharma

cheerspal wrote: »
    What weight are you pharma?

I'm 88kg but also sweat like a pig!!

I'm 188cm 81-82kg. I can get to 75 with a bit of discipline/hunger.

I normally drink 2 bottles over 3-4 hours.

Look up Tim Noakes, for ultra endurance stuff a lot of the traditional sports nutrition goes out the window. Dehydration is normal, no one dies of dehydration in these event, they do die of hyper hydration (hyponatremia).

It's all marketing from the likes of Lucozade, powerbar and Maximuscle. No one will make money from the alternative approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

There are food stops on the WW200. There are alao ahops along the route where you can buy food. Theres no need to bring loads of food with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Pharma wrote: »

Try eating High Fat, Low Carb during rest of week, I know it's counter intuitive but it works. Get much better blood sugar control.

heard a bit about this, trying to encourage your body to metabolize fat rather than plundering your glycogen stores. once you're burning fat you've got a nice steady consistent fuel source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

smacl wrote: »

IMHO, bananas are a great eat as you ride food with handy bio-degradable wrapper, fine to be chucked into the nearest field. You could get away with much less if you use the shops en-route.

I can't stand bananas. Medjool Dates are good, tasty and 66 calories each. 2 dates provide more energy then an energy gel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Good god that's a lot of food. I do 100k on just water. 220k yesterday on water and three bananas. 30km avg

218 at 29.2 average?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pharma

Ok 29.2 for 218km you got me, there's no privacy in this world:)

I still stand by my point that sportive riders like myself don't need gels or energy drinks. It's all sports marketing nonsense.

Water is fine for anything under 4 hrs that isn't flat out.

A few bananas will sort you after that.

If you are racing it's a different matter as difference energy systems are being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gruppetto13

Hi all i,m looking for lift on the day to go greystone from dub northside or city center if someone has a space for me and my bike it d be great as i dont fancy cycling over 250k ans leaving bouse at 5:) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Hi all i,m looking for lift on the day to go greystone from dub northside or city center if someone has a space for me and my bike it d be great as i dont fancy cycling over 250k ans leaving bouse at 5:) thanks

anyone got a lift from waterford and back . will supply petrol expenses and meal . lots of jokes too

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

Hey, I'm looking for a lift (me and my bike) to this also. I live near Booterstown but I can meet anywhere nearby. I'll pay some reasonable amount for your trouble..
    Would really be handy if I could get a lift back to Dublin too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

anyone got a 'spare' registration that they arent using ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

Good god that's a lot of food. I do 100k on just water. 220k yesterday on water and three bananas. 30km avg

I think you can train yourself not to need all that food.

Try eating High Fat, Low Carb during rest of week, I know it's counter intuitive but it works. Get much better blood sugar control.

Athletes across the world carbo load in the week prior to their race to increase their glycogen reserves. Carbohydrates is the fuel we need, not fats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Looking for 2 entries if anyone cant do anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Inventor

greenspurs wrote: »
    anyone got a 'spare' registration that they arent using ?
    gypsy79 wrote: »
    Looking for 2 entries if anyone cant do anymore

Don't think I will be able to make this now so I have 1 entry. Drop me a pm if you are interested.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not liking the long range weather forecast for this gig at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Any more spare or unused entries for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moranpj

I am also looking for a Wicklow 100 transfer to enable me to race on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I'm not too impressed with the W200 administration, just got an email to say my information pack was returned to W200 as 'unknown at this address', the address they had sent it to isn't even in the same county :mad:, okay I know I can sort this out on the morning of the cycle but I'd prefer to arrive at the start relatively stress free...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

I've got a registration to shift if anyone is interested. I can't make the day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I have an entry that I now can't use if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

MLC61 - DAithiMC - either of you Dublin based? would be interested in an entry.

DaithiMC wrote: »
    I've got a registration to shift if anyone is interested. I can't make the day now.

Very Happy to take it off you what is the best way. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    MLC61 - DAithiMC - either of you Dublin based? would be interested in an entry.

I'm based on Southside, near Dundrum. I work in town if that helps, though I am not in the office this week on Thursday or Friday so if you want to do that option it will have to be tomorrow.

DaithiMC wrote: »
    I'm based on Southside, near Dundrum. I work in town if that helps, though I am not in the office this week on Thursday or Friday so if you want to do that option it will have to be tomorrow.

Thanks. I will be in the UK until Friday might. i can colect it from you on SAturday afternoon in Dundrum if this helps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

looking for a 200 registration. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dcp

I have a Wicklow 200 registration that I can't use. I'm in Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

DCP will take that off you. Where abouts in the city? in City West myself but in tow na few days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    DCP will take that off you. Where abouts in the city? in City West myself but in tow na few days a week.

couldnt one just go up and cycle the route on the day and stop in shops to rehydrate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

yes you could do that, but it is good to support this charity event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tourman

Good luck to all taking part in the ww200. Im just s big girls blouse and those hills scare the bejasus out of me so I wont be taking part. Though I will be Driving DDecker bus up the Long Hill going to Glendalough on Sunday. I have skewed tour to avoid route un till after 12 and would be returning same road after 3. We Should miss each other.
    Hope weather holds out for you all. Enjoy

Advertisement