Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

No I won't be contesting it because once again you will ignore what you are being told as is usual and reference the ridiculous to support you.
    I will ignore it when you tell me that slander and libel have ceased to exist!
    Go on, tell me what the article of law is called again as if that affects the existence of these things.

BTW, neither East nor West German land has disappeared into the ether. They are still there, just now parts of Germany. A bit like slander and libel are still there, just now together called defamation. In fact, your analogy proves my side of this better than yours! LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Ah, I see. So on balance of probability from anecdotal and hearsay evidence you have come to the steadfast conclusion that everybody was guilty of whatever.
    Why wait for the court case.

What the guards would pressurise the DPP to make charges, and manipulate the press to vilify a defendant, or pressurise witnesses to make false statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

jesus christ, this thread has become unreadable with petty squabbling. can we give it time until some facts come out?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    That's not an answer brown bomber. You desperately started reffering to him as a "student" in an effort to compare him to say, my nephew, who is heading down to UCC tomorrow to do his final final year exam after working very hard for three years.
    There is no cedibility in reffering to the late Jamie Ducey as a ""student" anymore then a mafiosa bosses solicitor reffering to hi s client as a "legitimate business man". Its horse****.
    He was a student. I am sorry if those somehow makes him appear somewhat human to you. Far more difficult to stick your pitch fork into his dead carcass with the rest of the mob if he's human right?

Well he is human, just like me, you and your nephew. In fact he is some other people's nephew. How would you feel if your nephew was killed following a run in with the police and and then you seen people like you twisting the knife before he'd even been buried, stalking him on Facebook and slinging all kinds of **** at him? Ask yourself that...

emo72 wrote: »
    jesus christ, this thread has become unreadable with petty squabbling. can we give it time until some facts come out?
    I think you'll find there's one side of this argument that's been calling for exactly this right from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

He was a student. I am sorry if those somehow makes him appear somewhat human to you. Far more difficult to stick your pitch fork into his dead carcass with the rest of the mob if he's human right?

Well he is human, just like me, you and your nephew. In fact he is some other people's nephew. How would you feel if your nephew was killed following a run in with the police and and then you seen people like you twisting the knife before he'd even been buried, stalking him on Facebook and slinging all kinds of **** at him? Ask yourself that...
    See, I'm not delusional, so I wouldn't say my nephew was killed following a run in with the Guards (sorry brown bomber, I have to refer to them as the Guards because,well, thats their title. I know you prefer police because, like "paedophile priests" "corrupt cops" fits your conspiracy ideology much better).
    No, I'm an adult who lives in the real world and I would know that my misfortunate nephew never stood a chance with the hand of cards he was dealt, and that he had died the way he had intended to live, running away from justice.
    I would be sad for my sister/brother and I would hope that maybe just maybe others would learn from the many mistakes the t ha d been made during the short life of Jamie Ducey.

Mike747 wrote: »
    Only came across this story now. Always nice to see poetic justice. Reminds me of the Manchester scumbag who died in Cork.
    Reminds me of the Roma children who were taken from their own parents because of prejudice and bigotry.

See, I'm not delusional, so I wouldn't say my nephew was killed following a run in with the Guards (sorry brown bomber, I have to refer to them as the Guards because,well, thats their title. I know you prefer police because, like "paedophile priests" "corrupt cops" fits your conspiracy ideology much better).
    No, I'm an adult who lives in the real world and I would know that my misfortunate nephew never stood a chance with the hand of cards he was dealt, and that he had died the way he had intended to live, running away from justice.
    I would be sad for my sister/brother and I would hope that maybe just maybe others would learn from the many mistakes the t ha d been made during the short life of Jamie Ducey.
    The ****???

This is what I asked you...
    How would you feel if your nephew was killed following a run in with the police and and then you seen people like you twisting the knife before he'd even been buried, stalking him on Facebook and slinging all kinds of **** at him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You are missing a trick. I studied media law once upon a time. You have to able to prove the truth of your accusation. You have already admitted you can't. You'd lose. That is if you weren't defaming a dead person.

No you don't have to prove it's true, you only need to prove it is probably true. It is a much lower burden. And as you point out, you cannot defame the dead so it's all moot.
    I will ignore it when you tell me that slander and libel have ceased to exist!
    Go on, tell me what the article of law is called again as if that affects the existence of these things.

BTW, neither East nor West German land has disappeared into the ether. They are still there, just now parts of Germany. A bit like slander and libel are still there, just now together called defamation. In fact, your analogy proves my side of this better than yours! LOL!

They are specific legal concepts that no longer exist in Ireland, much like larceny. When you brought them up you were talking in legal terms. As usual when you were shown to be wrong you changed your argument to suit what you could. I'd hoped your trip to the feedback forum would have rid you of this pettiness but it obviously hasn't. Whatever you want to refer to them colloquially is up to you. Go wild.

i read mrsbyrnes comments as if she was the aunt of jamie ducey.

• Advertisement

i read mrsbyrnes comments as if she was the aunt of jamie ducey.

You do know I'm not though?

You do know I'm not though?

yeah;)

The ****???

This is what I asked you...

You asked me and I answered you. What bits didn't you understand?

yeah;)

OK emo72, you got me bang to rights,I'm Jamie Duceys Auntie Sandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

He was not a student, unless he had signed on for an adult course, not sure on the latter.

mrsbyrne you pretty much hit the nail on the head, except imo there is always a chance, and some of these youngsters do calm down with age, and show genuine remorse for the antisocial (and worse) behaviour they have committed.
    It happens. There's that bit of naivity and good in every one of the scumbags, although I know it's hard to see it, and take it on board when they are being a nuisance to everyone, and I, like everyone, get these fits when I think to hell with them. But when you know them and see the bit of good in them, and get a grasp of the why of their behaviour, then you can't just say "great, one of them down, more to go". It's just sad, whatever the circumstances, whatever happened before.

I know it's hard to see, and most people won't see it, because the only interaction they'll have with the "scumbags" is negative.

Sandra ****ing Ducey, i knew it was you:pac:

Sandra ****ing Ducey, i knew it was you:pac:

Jacinta Emo ya big wagon ya! Get around here now and bring a few feckin cans we've a ten spot and a bag a bangers, gerrup the yard ya ride ya!

He was not a student, unless he had signed on for an adult course, not sure on the latter.

mrsbyrne you pretty much hit the nail on the head, except imo there is always a chance, and some of these youngsters do calm down with age, and show genuine remorse for the antisocial (and worse) behaviour they have committed.
    It happens. There's that bit of naivity and good in every one of the scumbags, although I know it's hard to see it, and take it on board when they are being a nuisance to everyone, and I, like everyone, get these fits when I think to hell with them. But when you know them and see the bit of good in them, and get a grasp of the why of their behaviour, then you can't just say "great, one of them down, more to go". It's just sad, whatever the circumstances, whatever happened before.
    I know it's hard to see, and most people won't see it, because the only interaction they'll have with the "scumbags" is negative.
    Mountain maybe Jamie Ducey was going to be one of the few that emerge unscathed from the maelstrom of bad influences and permanent negativity. We'll never know now. I agree with you of course. Behind all the Facebook posturing with the cannabis plants and the extreme tattooing, he was probably just waiting for someone, anyone, to come along and make some positive suggestions about his future, a future were he could be a contributor to his community instead of a menace. But it wasn't to be and I think its time I left this thread. I hope Jamie Ducey is at peace and that his loved ones find peace and acceptance in the memories they have of his short life.

They are specific legal concepts that no longer exist in Ireland, much like larceny. When you brought them up you were talking in legal terms. As usual when you were shown to be wrong you changed your argument to suit what you could. I'd hoped your trip to the feedback forum would have rid you of this pettiness but it obviously hasn't. Whatever you want to refer to them colloquially is up to you. Go wild.
    Your squirming is delicious.
    When I brought them up I was talking in legal terms? Why thanks for retrospectively deciding that I was quoting the names of specific articles of Ireland law, I thought I was just speaking English. Well I never said anything about what the article of law was specifically called, but it's exactly like I said, killing somebody unlawfully has another name, murder. Defamation is just the name of the law that covers libel. If they called the law floopdoopy it would still cover what in common English is called libel. Does the law on theft cover nicking and snatching? Oh, they're different words for the same thing so they don't count! I nicked that handbag m'lud, didn't steal it! LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Reminds me of the Roma children who were taken from their own parents because of prejudice and bigotry.

Who were the bigots? The member of the public who made the report? The guards who have no option but to act on the report? The hospital with the incorrect records?
    Seriously? That one was a rock and a hard place. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. The decision made was the absolutely correct in the circumstances given the facts were unknown at the outset. Any other course of action would have been wrong.

• Advertisement

No you don't have to prove it's true, you only need to prove it is probably true. It is a much lower burden. And as you point out, you cannot defame the dead so it's all moot.

You aren't getting this. Any opinion that you have has to be based on fact for it to be a defense against defamation charges. There is no solid evidence he was the one that threw any bottles or assaulted anyone. If you start putting up posters in your local area with a photograph and the name of the local indian man warning parents to watch out for him because he is a paedophile and your "opinion" is based the way you've seen him looking at children you are delusional if you think your "opinion" is any defense.

Who were the bigots?
    The hysterical lynch mob who had the innocent parents as guilty before the facts were known based on their prejudices against who the suspects were.

Mountain maybe Jamie Ducey was going to be one of the few that emerge unscathed from the maelstrom of bad influences and permanent negativity. We'll never know now. I agree with you of course. Behind all the Facebook posturing with the cannabis plants and the extreme tattooing, he was probably just waiting for someone, anyone, to come along and make some positive suggestions about his future, a future were he could be a contributor to his community instead of a menace. But it wasn't to be and I think its time I left this thread. I hope Jamie Ducey is at peace and that his loved ones find peace and acceptance in the memories they have of his short life.
    Why are you talking about him like you know him personally? Why are you even pretending you give a flying **** about him or his family? This comment is extremely callous.
    Sandra ****ing Ducey, i knew it was youpacman.gif
    Jacinta Emo ya big wagon ya! Get around here now and bring a few feckin cans we've a ten spot and a bag a bangers, gerrup the yard ya ride ya!
    You are impersonating the caricature of a dead youth, a caricature that you have built up in your own head based on a facebook account, a single night in his life and your own prejudices. It's shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

What an interesting read. I had to double check that I wasn't in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy-0BBjb36zTlmAvh5LS6qwpK3QcFseXq0aARm4JSXL5mXgpoIwQ

I wonder how well jokes about the families of dead Gardai would go down around here? LOLZ all round I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You aren't getting this. Any opinion that you have has to be based on fact for it to be a defense against defamation charges. There is no solid evidence he was the one that threw any bottles or assaulted anyone. If you start putting up posters in your local area with a photograph and the name of the local indian man warning parents to watch out for him because he is a paedophile and your "opinion" is based the way you've seen him looking at children you are delusional if you think your "opinion" is any defense.

It's a subjective test to examine whether a belief was honestly held. I'm satisfied that I could defend my opinion should the deceased resurrect and attempt to sue me.

I'm not exactly sure why you are linking Indian men to paedophilia but your analogy is not correct. It's a completely different scenario. Please read the Defamation Act before you keep trying to school me.

I'm not exactly sure why you are linking Indian men to paedophilia but your analogy is not correct. It's a completely different scenario. Please read the Defamation Act before you keep trying to school me.
    He didn't. It was a hypothetical. You do know the difference between a hypothetical and reality? Oh... Maybe the hypothetical, imaginary scenario had some resonance with you for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

He didn't. It was a hypothetical. You do know the difference between a hypothetical and reality? Oh... Maybe the hypothetical, imaginary scenario had some resonance with you for some reason?

What an offensive post. Your mask as one of the few posters who cares about the fate of this young man is slipping. :mad:

Post reported.

• Advertisement

Lofty123 wrote: »
    What an offensive post. Your mask as one of the few posters who cares about the fate of this young man is slipping. :mad:

Post reported.
    Did you report the post above where it was being claimed someone was linking Indians with pedophilia? Oh no, you report the post that explains that that was an out of context allegation from a hypothetical situation.
    How even handed of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement