Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still have no new mission instructions, really not sure if it's bugged out or what, but it's disappointing.

It's unglitched! The mission to unlock the other half of the map wasn't showing, but I accidentally ran into it and am back on track to getting this game finished. I think I'm likely to accidentally get 100% on it cause I've more or less got all the unlockables already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Enjoying this game, took me a bit to get into it (which surprised me cause I really enjoyed Far Cry 3), but loving it now. The first mission at the Monastery made me wanna quit the game, thought it was awful mission design, but glad I hung in there. Accepting the Honey Badger Fashion week mission got a genuine laugh outta me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I got all the bell towers but I still didn't get my trophy. Is it glitched?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Didn't like this at first but it was great after I settled into it. Got it to about 70-75%. Didn't like the racing side missions plus my broadband isn't good enough for the online sections.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did they release the blood diamonds dlc yet?

I did a Blood Diamond side mission, didn't know it was DLC, but did seem to be different from the rest now that I think on it, and I think I got all the pre-order stuff as well as whatever DLC cause I have the premium super nashwan version.

I got all the radio towers and outposts and am looking at Pagan Min's fortress with an eye for devilment. I've not done any of the fortresses as 100% stealth bastard, so this might be what I do this evening and then I'll horse through the last of the story and some arena and should hopefully be completely wrapped up by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Shiminay wrote: »
    I did a Blood Diamond side mission, didn't know it was DLC, but did seem to be different from the rest now that I think on it, and I think I got all the pre-order stuff as well as whatever DLC cause I have the premium super nashwan version.

I got all the radio towers and outposts and am looking at Pagan Min's fortress with an eye for devilment. I've not done any of the fortresses as 100% stealth bastard, so this might be what I do this evening and then I'll horse through the last of the story and some arena and should hopefully be completely wrapped up by the end of the week.

you've a pretty good grasp on the ins and outs of it by now, what are you're overall feelings on it.

Personally, I LOVED 3, and whilst I enjoyed 4, i forced myself to finish it, and felt the story and missions were definitely lacking a certain spark that 3 had in spades.

you've a pretty good grasp on the ins and outs of it by now, what are you're overall feelings on it.

Personally, I LOVED 3, and whilst I enjoyed 4, i forced myself to finish it, and felt the story and missions were definitely lacking a certain spark that 3 had in spades.

I think I'd pretty much agree with your assessment. 3 was a game of the year contender for me, but I acknowledge that it's not the sort of thing that everyone would feel the same way about. 4, I'm enjoying. The glitches I've run into were frustrating, but the game was enough of my kinda thing to keep me engaged with it. I'm looking forward to finishing it up this week.

The mix of mystical and real world is less frequent but more pronounced in 4 I think. I could be wrong, but that's just how it feels. I've got some trips to take to Shangri-La to make and they do make it feel different enough in its own way so that it feels like a different enough slice of the same game to make it feel like it's worth doing.

Similarly, the Arena isn't a bad idea, but does feel somewhat shoehorned in as some sort of "by the numbers" horde mode with app support because mobile platform tie-in's seems to be a big deal for Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah, I think the area is a nice idea too, but saying that, I dont think the AI of the enemies, or the general handling of close quarters gunplay in the game engine allows it to be all it could be.

I'm interested to see where they'll go with 5 and will wait a bit longer on reviews before diving in, but if they came out with essentially a jurassic park game with hunters / poachers, a tropical island going to ruins, and extremely hostile wildlife,
    well.....

*insert throw money at screen meme here*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think that was the name of it anyway, it came with the limited edition and I entered in the code too uplay and havent heard anything since :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I forced myself to return to this last week. I'll admit the ****ty collect-a-thon side of the game has gotten its claws into me. The missions though are still just dull or irritating. Had what i assume is this games version of the "Weed Burning mission" with (odd) booming song and it just felt completely flat.

I still hate nearly all the characters. Hate the dialogue. And I really wish I could shoot those two pricks outside my house. The game engine is pretty, yet the world somehow dull. The animal attacks have gone from this cool little feature to something that's reminding me of the worst of Far Cry 2. "Spark" really is the perfect description for what's missing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

im sick i payed full price on this and digitally (xboxlive). Its so lifeless and dull and everything is a chore. I quit playing a month ago and dont think i'll ever return to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Finished the story,

Why do these far cry games finish with ****ed up ending!!!! Grrrr. Me wants a normal happy.

So last night I captured Pagan Min's Fortress (was actually the easiest of the lot by far, but I did walk into a couple of mines on my way).
    I appear to have finished the last Hurk mission as I now have a Harpoon launcher in my inventory.
    I picked a leader for the Golden Path - I have literally no interest in this story, it did absolutely nothing to engage me whatsoever. I have zero fks to give about any of the people. The only reason I picked the person I did is because the other person wanted to blow an ancient temple up and frak that.
    Got another piece of the Shangri-La puzzle done (enjoyed it, there was flying :))

It's all about the mechanics of the game for me I guess - in the absence of an engaging story, what else do you have?

What weapon combos are people going for?

The Buzzsaw is a must have for me, as is the Shredder. After that, I'll have either a Recurve Bow or the SA-50 sniper Rifle with all the attachments and in the south, a Warrior, but in the north, a modified P416 (Haven't unlocked that Bushman yet, goram Arena is slow). I usually have a silenced pistol or the grenade launcher as my sidearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Finished the story,

Why do these far cry games finish with ****ed up ending!!!! Grrrr. Me wants a normal happy.

I think the whole point of the Fry Cry games is your actions have consequences and life is not all rosy. You do what you think is right and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I think the whole point of the Fry Cry games is your actions have consequences and life is not all rosy. You do what you think is right and hope for the best.

Yeah but I want the 'good' ending where I'm remembered as the ultimate hero with no flaws lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Yeah but I want the 'good' ending where I'm remembered as the ultimate hero with no flaws lol.

Hard to be the ultimate hero with no flaws when you start with so many.
    Letting Pagan go and killing both the others is as close as you get I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Must get back into this at weekend, was enjoying it but stopped playing for some reason, many still playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Must get back into this at weekend, was enjoying it but stopped playing for some reason, many still playing?

From talking to a lot of the lads I play other games with, this happened about 90% of us, I think there was just too much map and it felt overwhelming

Is the yeti dlc worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I finished tyhe story mode and then got the whole game to about 75% and traded it on here. I didn't like the racing submissions and my online connectivity is crap so couldn't bring it any further than that.

Cormac... wrote: »
    From talking to a lot of the lads I play other games with, this happened about 90% of us, I think there was just too much map and it felt overwhelming

Yeah and most of the early missions are grand but nothing blew me away, the characters dont seem to have much about them either, must give it a few more hours at weekend and hope I catch onto it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Is the yeti dlc worth it?

It's not bad, but not essential. Essentially you are playing a compressed version of the main game with snow and reskinned enemies. The yetis themselves are the only new element. The stronghold defense missions are fun and challenging though.

Completed it yesterday and got the 7 trophies. Now all I need are the two co-op trophies to platinum.

I must go back and give this a look cause I had the season pass.

I must go back and give this a look cause I had the season pass.

Me too must try and finish it off - always play it for a few hours and then dont go back for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I picked this up cheap the other day and while not as good at 3 it is very enjoyable. Certainly much more than Far Cry 2 anyway :) A well spent $30

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

I finished the story last night and overall I enjoyed it. There is one thing however that annoyed me. I think they over did the levels where your character is hallucinating. They were boring and added nothing to the game. I also felt it could have been a bit harder. There is still lots to do though so I will tip away at those. I do hope that there is a fifth installment as I enjoyed all of them so far, even the less loved Far Cry 2. It wasn't fabulous but at the same time it wasn't the mess some people seemed to think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How does one check which of the side quests you have actually done?
    I'm talking about this Kyrat Races, I can't see anyway on the map of identifying which ones I've actually done compared to which ones are outstanding.

Advertisement