Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

FC4 & FC3 are completely different games to FC1 & FC2.

The latter two additions are open sandbox/playground action movies while the first two in the series were extremely punishing and made you rethink your strategy when approaching every mission - you just couldn't go in all guns blazing.

I know it get's some stick but I loved FC2...I thought the setting was cool.

Apparently they're going into the future with Far Cry 5 - Deus Ex style robotics and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dayum wrote: »
    FC4 & FC3 are completely different games to FC1 & FC2.

The latter two additions are open sandbox/playground action movies while the first two in the series were extremely punishing and made you rethink your strategy when approaching every mission - you just couldn't go in all guns blazing.

I know it get's some stick but I loved FC2...I thought the setting was cool.

Apparently they're going into the future with Far Cry 5 - Deus Ex style robotics and stuff.

Far Cry is the only odd man out. You can see where Far Cry 3 & 4 get it's genes from. They're clearly related. Whereas FC has mutants, indoor sections and multiple maps. Having said that you certainly could go in loud in FC1 if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Anyone manage to get these two co-op trophies - Brother In Arms( Liberate 1 outpost playing as hulk) & Changing Lanes ( Perform a vehicle takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle) ?

These are the last 2 I need for platinum and i can never connect to a co-op game. Is it just my connection or is it server problems? As i can connect to any other games multiplayer fine(COD,FIFA etc) and i can even connect to Battles of Kyrat(Far Cry 4's 5v5 multiplayer), but no co-op :(

Anyone willing to lend a hand and see if i can invite a friend on psn to my own co-op ? Would be so grateful and would take turns for each of us to get both trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

united2k11 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get these two co-op trophies - Brother In Arms( Liberate 1 outpost playing as hulk) & Changing Lanes ( Perform a vehicle takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle) ?

These are the last 2 I need for platinum and i can never connect to a co-op game. Is it just my connection or is it server problems? As i can connect to any other games multiplayer fine(COD,FIFA etc) and i can even connect to Battles of Kyrat(Far Cry 4's 5v5 multiplayer), but no co-op :(

Anyone willing to lend a hand and see if i can invite a friend on psn to my own co-op ? Would be so grateful and would take turns for each of us to get both trophies.

From what i have heard, the Co-op mode just doesn't get traffic. I would e game to play a bit to get these trophies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

GodlessM wrote: »
    From what i have heard, the Co-op mode just doesn't get traffic. I would e game to play a bit to get these trophies though.

PM me your PSN and i'll add you in a few minutes! I could connect to other random peoples co-ops but it would kick me out straight away and an error would come up. Hopefully it won't do that with a friendly co-op!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Why are parts of the map (south Kyrat) still red despite the fact that I've captured all outposts and fortresses?

The airport is still red, as well as two other towns? What do I need to do to make them green?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dayum wrote: »
    Why are parts of the map (south Kyrat) still red despite the fact that I've captured all outposts and fortresses?

The airport is still red, as well as two other towns? What do I need to do to make them green?

Some locations are dependent upon the main storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Anyone know when the DLC for this releases?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Caved and bought this + the season pass last night. I was gonna hold out for a while till it was a bit cheaper (I paid €39 for the lot). So far so good though, it's running well on my PC - even on "medium" it looks great, but there's noticeable texture load-in at times, but that doesn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shiminay wrote: »
    Caved and bought this + the season pass last night. I was gonna hold out for a while till it was a bit cheaper (I paid €39 for the lot). So far so good though, it's running well on my PC - even on "medium" it looks great, but there's noticeable texture load-in at times, but that doesn't bother me too much.

I had such a problem with FC3 and it put me right off the game. I think i spent about 3-4 hours on that game in total. Not playing. Trying to "fix" the texture load in problem.

When the textures load in does it does a fuzzy effect appear then the new texture loads in? Or is it more like pop up? I'd like to play FC4 but my problem with FC3 has put me right off and i may end up getting it on PS4 sometime down the road...

• Advertisement

It's that "fuzzy" effect you're describing rather than things magicking themselves into existence in front of me. I can't recall if FC3 gave me any guff, I forgive an awful lot of things because it gave us Blood Dragon which was simply fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So finally got stuck into this over the weekend been sinking tons of time into Destiny. Really enjoying it. The animals though, what a bunch of bas***ds.
    Was sneakily taking out an outpost when a tiger came bounding round the corner. Utter bedlam ensued. Alarms , reinforcements & mortars.
    Eagles had become my least favourite thing and then a crocodile happened.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So finally got stuck into this over the weekend been sinking tons of time into Destiny. Really enjoying it. The animals though, what a bunch of bas***ds.
    Was sneakily taking out an outpost when a tiger came bounding round the corner. Utter bedlam ensued. Alarms , reinforcements & mortars.

I arrived at my second outpost last night, just started my usual tactic of surveying from the high ground, when I hear all the commotion below.

Nelly the elephant randomly wandered into the camp in a murderous mood and proceeded to kill everyone there. - Camp liberated without so much as a rock thrown!

Welcome to Kyrat.

QFT!

I was just about to post more or less the same thing as you - there's clearly something in the water in Kryat (and it's not just crocodiles and devilfish).

I am very glad I got this game now, having a huge amount of fun with it.

A significant criticism I have though is that I've done my first mission after the prologue
    Where I have to choose which person's mission to take on - I took on the Intel one
    and I got no direction about what to do next. Eventually, quite late in the night, after wandering around discovering locations on the map and levelling up quite a bit, I saw an "S" icon on the map that was to be my next mission, but only by accident as I was zoomed in and scrolling past it. I dunno if it was some manner of bug or if that's the intended functionality, but it was a little bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

QFT!

I was just about to post more or less the same thing as you - there's clearly something in the water in Kryat (and it's not just crocodiles and devilfish).

I am very glad I got this game now, having a huge amount of fun with it.

A significant criticism I have though is that I've done my first mission after the prologue
    Where I have to choose which person's mission to take on - I took on the Intel one
    and I got no direction about what to do next. Eventually, quite late in the night, after wandering around discovering locations on the map and levelling up quite a bit, I saw an "S" icon on the map that was to be my next mission, but only by accident as I was zoomed in and scrolling past it. I dunno if it was some manner of bug or if that's the intended functionality, but it was a little bit annoying.

Nope - I was the same, I find that I tend to get sidetracked pretty easily - as in I'm on the way to a quest giver, and all of a sudden I've detoured to rescue hostages, liberate an outpost, get a poster, climb a tower, hunt an animal, hijack the tea truck, etc etc.

all of a sudden an hour has passed and I've not advanced the story at all and am proabably still 600m away from my waypoint. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I find the pacing lacking, I like it, but it feels like I got too much good stuff to fast and I still have like 60% of the area to go.

I was very surprised and impressed with the size of the map and the sheer amount of stuff to do. It's not quite Just Cause 2 levels of stuff (which, lets be honest, went too far in the "there's tons of stuff to do and you're never far away from a distraction that'll earn you whatevers"), but it's a very dense world.

The fortresses look like they're going to be quite a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The fortresses look like they're going to be quite a bit of fun.

Sadly quite easy.

Well, in comparison to how the game makes them out to be, yes. And of course you can do three of them in a weakened state. But I did Pagan's as is and wasn't too bad. Very Hard just means an extra alarm, some more guys, and better positioning. Still found De Pleur's the hardest though as they had a chopper (which blew up spectacularly).

• Advertisement

Normally, I run and gun the game, but the only time I get Sneaky McNinja is when I go to clear out outposts. Might just have to see what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

them feckin mortars were a major pain in the ass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sweetie wrote: »
    them feckin mortars were a major pain in the ass

I thought they were a nice addition to the game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Started playing this over the weekend and it's just not pulling me in. Put about 2-3 hours into it so far though so i will give it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Spent ages trying to figure out how to throw bait. In the end it does tell you how in the in game glossary but still find it quite fiddly. Used it on a stealth assasination mission. Made it quite easy - bow 'n arrow and an army of bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spent ages trying to figure out how to throw bait. In the end it does tell you how in the in game glossary but still find it quite fiddly. Used it on a stealth assasination mission. Made it quite easy - bow 'n arrow and an army of bears.

Mod for PC which makes using syringes (i never used them cos i couldny) and arrows much easier to switch between.

Very clunky on PC if your in need of one. if not on PC carry on :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone get the DLC for this? Don't see that they have added any new achievements / trophies for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Got this as a xmas pressie but havent had a chance to get stuck into it - the missus is away tonight so going to have a good few hours on it - first time far cry player so hope I enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

The item selection is not good on the PC, they didn't put any proper thought into optimising the interface for Mouse & Keyboard. I've not gotten into the syringe crafting yet (beyond health), but opening a "wheel" on holding down a key/button is not right. Also, the mouse wheel to scroll through your bait/grenades rather than weapons is an unusual choice.

What's pretty unforgivable and shows a total lack of care and testing is that the map and the "wrist watch" thing uses WASD despite my having rebound my movement, as I always do, to RDFG. Hard coded controls make the baby jebus cry. Was the same in FC3. Thankfully they're non-essential, but the devil is in the details and when things like this are left out it serves as a reminder to Ubisoft's attitude's towards letting the testers do their work properly and giving them time to fix the problems.

Advertisement