Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Some of the missions they give you are pretty fun though. Better than being sent to the bloody Himalayas for missions. :mad:

can't stand those two twats.. granted, i've only met them the once so far but i wasn't best pleased about finding yin and yang getting high in 'my home', acting all zen, drugging me and then waking up in a goddamned gladiator battle. pricks :P

the himalayas though, i'm really enjoying the few excursions i've had up there so far :D

looking forward to getting a god few hours in again this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

can't stand those two twats.. granted, i've only met them the once so far but i wasn't best pleased about finding yin and yang getting high in 'my home', acting all zen, drugging me and then waking up in a goddamned gladiator battle. pricks :P

the himalayas though, i'm really enjoying the few excursions i've had up there so far :D

looking forward to getting a god few hours in again this weekend :)

I hate the Himalayas missions. They feel too linear and they're just a pain in general particularly the ones with the oxygen masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got a new GPU and went back to this to test it out, runs buttersmooth now for me so I might continue on this weekend. Spent ages on one mission only to be killed at the very end by a glitch, was getting bored of it by then and that was the nail in the coffin for me at the time.

Those Himalayas missions with the oxygen masks were a pile of **** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Im very close to the end of the game. I only recall one mission in the Himalayas. I am hoping there isn’t another?

I am also very close to getting the platinum (ps4)

2 of the trophies I still need require another player. If anyone needs these too let me know and I will be happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

R.F. wrote: »
    Im very close to the end of the game. I only recall one mission in the Himalayas. I am hoping there isn’t another?

2 of the trophies I still need require another player. If anyone needs these too let me know and I will be happy to help

I did 2 up there one for longinus and one for Hurk I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

R.F. wrote: »

I do but haven't gotten around to playing FarCry in awhile. Will eventually though so PM me your PSN if you want.

Finally completed the story.
    Really enjoyed attacking the fortress in the last mission.

Thought the confrontation with Pagan was a bit underwhelming though. I spared him anyway. Also sided with Sabal but spared Amita. Ended up killing Sabal after the scene at the temple.

Played a nice bit over the weekend. Its growing on me, the fortress takeover are a bit overhyped, my first one, I managed to trigger an alarm and still was able to fend off the waves of enemies, the second I managed to disable the alarms and eliminate the 10 or so soldiers easily enough. I'll still stand by my statement that 3 is probably a better game. but this is getting better.
    2 trips to shangri-la done and I dont know if I can force myself to do the rest of them. Really enjoying the Reggie & Yogi missions and the mission where
    you infiltrate the brick factory to kill the chemist, but the fumes has you tripping balls until you get back out.
    the only gripe I'd have is that its very much a case of "people loved that bit in 3
    burn the weed farm, with skrillex music playing
    lets jam it in here again, only MOAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wasn't enjoying this at the start due to the fiddly controls but I think its a brilliant game now. Almost finished the campaign I would imagine as I'm at Act 3. There'll stil be plenty left to do. Have very few of the side quests completed bar having all 17 bell towers freed.

The one part I find annoying is the commuting between missions. I think there should be alot more locations that you can Fast Travel to. I do enjoy the travelling sometimes but its annoying to be 3/4s of the way to a new mission and suddenly you stumble upon an enemy patrol and get killed to have to complete the entire journey again.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Wasn't enjoying this at the start due to the fiddly controls but I think its a brilliant game now. Almost finished the campaign I would imagine as I'm at Act 3. There'll stil be plenty left to do. Have very few of the side quests completed bar having all 17 bell towers freed.

I wouldn't count on it. From what I am told once you start the 4th last campaign mission all of the open world bits end for good and you don't get to go back to them.

GodlessM wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it. From what I am told once you start the 4th last campaign mission all of the open world bits end for good and you don't get to go back to them.

Thats not true. I finished all the campaign missions and all the side missions were still available even one of Hurks missions that i hadnt gotten round to.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So my CD Key was one of the dodgy ones that Ubi pulled. Most frustrating cause I'm just about to do the mission to open up the second chunk of the map :(

Shiminay wrote: »
    So my CD Key was one of the dodgy ones that Ubi pulled. Most frustrating cause I'm just about to do the mission to open up the second chunk of the map :(

Hope you get sorted with that, at the very least your credit card company should cover the cost of the key.

Xbox live was acting the maggot last night so I couldnt play either. only 7 story missions left to go now. Think I might actually try and pick up the full compliment of achievements in this too, none of them seem terribly taxing.

GodlessM wrote: »

Finished the campaign now and I still have full access. Completing Longinus' missions now.

Very good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Has anyone actually enjoyed the Shangri-La missions? They look beautiful, but seem more like hardship than anything.

Corvo wrote: »
    Has anyone actually enjoyed the Shangri-La missions? They look beautiful, but seem more like hardship than anything.

I only did two and didn't enjoy them. I don't particularly like the trippy Reggie and Yogi missions either

Lemlin wrote: »
    I only did two and didn't enjoy them. I don't particularly like the trippy Reggie and Yogi missions either

I did 2 to get the achievement but I dont think I'll be doing any more. I quite liked the reggie and yogi ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Don't suppose anyone is around to help me get the takedown from a passenger seat of a vehicle trophy in co-op?

Just need that for Platinum.

Scratch that! Just got it with some stranger. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Honey badgers.......brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They're proper bastards too! :D

I started playing again last night as Ubisoft have given me back my game. Did a Hurk mission and some sort of Blood Ruby one - both were very meh. No sign, once again, of any sort of "progress the game" missions - I'm still waiting to cross the bridge into the North of the map.

Shiminay wrote: »
    They're proper bastards too! :D

I started playing again last night as Ubisoft have given me back my game. Did a Hurk mission and some sort of Blood Ruby one - both were very meh. No sign, once again, of any sort of "progress the game" missions - I'm still waiting to cross the bridge into the North of the map.

I'm sure at one point you have to do a reggie & Yogi mission or a longinus one to progress the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I rammed a Rhino with my jeep tonight,

It did not go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I rammed a Rhino with my jeep tonight,

It did not go well.
    And what happened when you were playing the game?

Ba-dum-tish!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i rammed a rhino with my elephant the other day.

it did not go well.... for the rhino :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I have to say I'm disappointed with this game. There is a lack of direction and purpose. I get that the graphics are superb, the game is smooth and the open world concept is a good idea but the reality is it's poorly executed with no real purpose to taking off and wandering about. I'm just finding it very boring and after only 2 sessions I'm finding I have to push myself to play it simply to justify the purchase.

wrt40 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed with this game. There is a lack of direction and purpose. I get that the graphics are superb, the game is smooth and the open world concept is a good idea but the reality is it's poorly executed with no real purpose to taking off and wandering about. I'm just finding it very boring and after only 2 sessions I'm finding I have to push myself to play it simply to justify the purchase.

I was that way at the start, It was just too much like 3 for me. I enjoyed it a lot by the time all was said and done, but I still think that overall , 3 is the better game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wrt40 wrote: »

Only thing that really bothered me was that the story was pretty poor this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Anyone else suck at getting the ledge takedown prompt to register properly? Seems very hit and miss for me and sometimes it appears for a split second and then goes away, even if both me and the bad guy are in the exact same positions. After giving my position away a couple of times because the prompt disappeared *just* as I pressed R3 I don't think I trust it any more.

Advertisement