Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Is there something wrong with the 360 version of FC4 or is argos just being silly again?

I just finished FC3 and was looking to pick 4 up cheap. Argos have the 360 version for €30 and the PS3 version for €57. For the record, my money is on argos being silly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is there something wrong with the 360 version of FC4 or is argos just being silly again?

I just finished FC3 and was looking to pick 4 up cheap. Argos have the 360 version for €30 and the PS3 version for €57. For the record, my money is on argos being silly again.

very little stock around though

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Yeah, so I've seen. No stock while the sales are on, but now that the sales are finishing up the stock is trickling back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Quick question for ye lads, hoping someone might know if this is possible. My brother got FC4 for Xmas and we installed it from the disc on to my PS4 as I had it with me. I do not currently have the disc here. I'm wondering for the fact it is already installed on my PS4, if I download the "timed trial" which is something like 26GB, would this allow me to play the full game (e.g spoofing the PS4) or is it strictly a demo?

I'm just wondering about this as the download size suggests that all the main game data is downloading and I have already installed/played it from disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DarkJager wrote: »
    Quick question for ye lads, hoping someone might know if this is possible. My brother got FC4 for Xmas and we installed it from the disc on to my PS4 as I had it with me. I do not currently have the disc here. I'm wondering for the fact it is already installed on my PS4, if I download the "timed trial" which is something like 26GB, would this allow me to play the full game (e.g spoofing the PS4) or is it strictly a demo?

I'm just wondering about this as the download size suggests that all the main game data is downloading and I have already installed/played it from disc?

highly unlikely. I'd imagine it'll run a test to see if you hold a copy of the license - for disc based games it means checking that the disc is in the tray, for downloaded titles it means a handshake with a server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

highly unlikely. I'd imagine it'll run a test to see if you hold a copy of the license - for disc based games it means checking that the disc is in the tray, for downloaded titles it means a handshake with a server.

Cheers man, yeah I had kind of assumed that myself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

UPlay is currently downloading an update as well as some DLC it seems...

[edit]
    Well arse. Frame rate has been cut more or less in half since getting this patch & DLC. Seriously annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I don't particularly enjoy most main story missions in Far Cry 3 and 4 but particularly dislike the ones that really force you to play in a particular way. Especially any that force you to remain undetected. Really noticed it in GTAV as well that the story missions are quite restrictive. Not a trend I'm happy with.

Having a blast with the rest of the game though. Particularly love grabbing an elephant to liberate outposts or hunt for skins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Well they are story missions.

OK, I don't know what's going on, but my vehicle/wingsuit/parachute Left and Right keys suddenly won't work. Makes playing the game a bit difficult.

• Advertisement

I have to say, its only in the last few night that I find myself getting drawn into this. according to the title screen I've 28% of it completed, I dont know if thats tracking everything available or just side quests I've just completed the mission where
    you destroy the opium fields - i think its the second golden path leadership quest

i still think the story in far cry 3 was more engaging and more interesting, i seem to be one of the few that actually enjoyed the story in 3, I found Brodys transition from dumb kid to trained killer to be interesting and plausible in a weird way, due to the way he kept talking to himself etc - also the way that you can jsut buy certain items
    the wingsuit
    rather than working them into the story like in 3 seems like a bit of a misstep. For some reason this one just doesn't feel as cinematic. The open world and emergent gameplay is still really cool, but I feel that the story that runs through it is only so-so (based on what I've seen so far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've had a pretty similar experience. Didn't enjoy the first 20-25% of the game. Now getting closer to half way and im enjoying it a bit more.

The story is a bit crap though. No character in the game as menacing or enjoyable as Vaas was.

I've had a pretty similar experience. Didn't enjoy the first 20-25% of the game. Now getting closer to half way and im enjoying it a bit more.

The story is a bit crap though. No character in the game as menacing or enjoyable as Vaas was.

Not only that, I just dont really feel like I'm bothered either way about helping any of the characters I meet, maybe it'll get better as I go along, but I don't feel like I'm being driven by the desire to help my friends like in 3.

Maybe I found 3 more appealing because it felt fresh at the time, I dunno, If anything 4 is perhaps a bit too familiar feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I wanted to kill all the characters, I hope a future DLC lets me do that and makes me the King.

Ok, one thing that I'm really liking is collecting the masks - some of the notes left by the goat are genuinely creepy. - is there some sort of payoff for collecting them all? i.e. do you get to confront the maker of the masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ok, one thing that I'm really liking is collecting the masks - some of the notes left by the goat are genuinely creepy. - is there some sort of payoff for collecting them all? i.e. do you get to confront the maker of the masks?

No :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some of the relics in FC3 drove me mad trying to locate them. Haven't many of the masks yet but they have been relatively strightforward. Found one in a stone structure and couldn't pick it up. Took a while but eventually
    realised I could blow it out with explosives

tok9 wrote: »
    No :(

boo-urns.

thats a pity, i was hoping it'd be a cool payoff - have it turn out to be longinus or something. :(

The 2 English prats who drug you - I wanted to put a bullet in their heads immediately. I have killed a thousand + royal guards without thought, but these two morons who've taken over your home and who send you off tripping balls - you can't take action against.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some of the relics in FC3 drove me mad trying to locate them. Haven't many of the masks yet but they have been relatively strightforward. Found one in a stone structure and couldn't pick it up. Took a while but eventually
    realised I could blow it out with explosives

lol, I've done a few that way, there was one down a well or something that I couldn't spot for the life of me, a bit of c4 down the well sorted that out! felt like an awful ape when I realised they didnt have to be picked up, that they could be shot etc. had a similar 'durrrr' moment when trying to get down a propaganda poster that was up too high to reach. hello molotov....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Shiminay wrote: »
    The 2 English prats who drug you - I wanted to put a bullet in their heads immediately. I have killed a thousand + royal guards without thought, but these two morons who've taken over your home and who send you off tripping balls - you can't take action against.

Some of the missions they give you are pretty fun though. Better than being sent to the bloody Himalayas for missions. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lol, I've done a few that way, there was one down a well or something that I couldn't spot for the life of me, a bit of c4 down the well sorted that out! felt like an awful ape when I realised they didnt have to be picked up, that they could be shot etc. had a similar 'durrrr' moment when trying to get down a propaganda poster that was up too high to reach. hello molotov....[/QUOTE]

Oh god, I'm such an eejit. I walked away from one the other day having given up trying to get it down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Make peace, not war, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

gimli2112 wrote: »
    lol, I've done a few that way, there was one down a well or something that I couldn't spot for the life of me, a bit of c4 down the well sorted that out! felt like an awful ape when I realised they didnt have to be picked up, that they could be shot etc. had a similar 'durrrr' moment when trying to get down a propaganda poster that was up too high to reach. hello molotov....

Oh god, I'm such an eejit. I walked away from one the other day having given up trying to get it down :rolleyes:

Flame arrow, no?

.ak wrote: »
    Make peace, not war, dude.

And yet the game allows nothing but war against King Min.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Flame arrow, no?

Any explosive or flame. At the end I flew around in the chopper with the grenade launcher taking out masks and posters without ever touching the ground.

Flame arrow, no?

totally, its just we've been so conditioned to 'press x to' do whatever, we dont even consider that theres an alternative option. :(

And yet the game allows nothing but war against King Min.

not quite true actually
    apparently if at the very beginning of the game and your in his house, he leaves and tells you to wait for him. If you wait for about 15 minutes instead of running away, he comes back and the game ends

Had heard that alright Stone Deaf, meant to do it too, but accidentally progressed the story by wandering around :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The game also allows you to Warning ending spoiler
    to actually kill the golden path member you side with at the end, I guess maybe because neither are a good choice but it was very surprising and satisfing that my pistol wasn't blocked when I aimed at her, couldn't resist pulling the trigger there

Advertisement