Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Get side tracked alot myself. The Shangri la missions are awesome.

Have to agree that stealth seems really screwed up with how the enemy AI handles it. That and animals being bullet sponges are my only gripes tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there are a lot of minor nitpicks

like the radio is incredibly repetitive. If I hear about the dj's clean as a whistle arse one more time I'm going to go and shoot him instead of doing his missions.

Also on stealth, there is a cool hostage rescue mission later on where I tried to take out the two guards at the entrance by doing a takedown from above on one and throwing a knife at the second. But no matter how I did it they'd get alerted when I threw the knife.

Opted just to bolt the two of them with arrows and that didnt set anything off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

really enjoying this, got killed bya ****ing honey badger earlier. Completed a mission and in bits and a ****ign honey badger looked at me and killed me.

i will end the life of every ****ing one of them i come across.

bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd say 90% of my deaths were because of animals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rhinos are bastards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also I entered my blood ruby code into the ubisoft website or where ever your meant to donanx they said theyd email me with further instructions and they still haven't, this happen anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Rhinos are bastards

I got the 'shredder' sub machine gun. Makes short work of all animals. It's nearly like a cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have a spare code (PS4) for Hurks Redemption and a Harpoon Gun.
    PM me if anyone wants it.

Code now gone to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone know what it means when theres a little area shaded in blue/turquoise on the minimap?

i look around and cant see anything.

anyone know what it means when theres a little area shaded in blue/turquoise on the minimap?

i look around and cant see anything.

You have to find a mask in the blue area, when you start hearing a kinda huming noise your close to the mask and when you find it destroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

You have to find a mask in the blue area, when you start hearing a kinda huming noise your close to the mask and when you find it destroy.

Brilliant. Didnt have a scooby. Just got first one now, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The charge went in my headset last night, spent a good 20 minutes looking for one of those poxy masks without it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have a spare code (PS4) for Hurks Redemption and a Harpoon Gun.
    PM me if anyone wants it.

PM sent. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

really enjoying it so far. world is massive and beautiful. Got side tracked for ages and forgot about the campaign until i had to so i could move on. campaign is good though. 15 hours of gameplay and 36% complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

completed the game today. it was enjoyable. not sure if i can be arsed to get the rest of the trophies for platinum though.

i enjoyed the far cry 3 world alot more than this one. it was so frustrating to travel around a mountain without that helicopter

I shot a guy from more than 60m with an arrow and the trophy never popped up :mad:

:edit: I got it in the end along with 2 birds with one stone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did a bit of messing about and said I'd send some random keys to Kyrat out.

Sent one to one person but he kept getting an error saying it was unavailable and to try later. Anyone have that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

I had to contact Amazon to get my preorder DLC code. They gave me a 19 digit code. Is that right? I tried entering it in the psn redeem code tab and it only takes 12 digit codes??

Horse84 wrote: »
    I had to contact Amazon to get my preorder DLC code. They gave me a 19 digit code. Is that right? I tried entering it in the psn redeem code tab and it only takes 12 digit codes??

I think you need to register that code with Uplay and they'll send you on the PSN code.

I think you need to register that code with Uplay and they'll send you on the PSN code.

And how would one go about that;)?

• Advertisement

And how would one go about that;)?

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-GB/preordercode/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

there was one mission, kill or be killed I think it's called, I was killed... a lot :pac:
    In my defence I was being ripped off by the game, I'd kill one lad with a throwing knife, there's nobody anywhere near him yet they all somehow know I'm there, it can be a right pain in the arse like that.

Hunt or be Hunted, it's the mission where they introduce the new enemy type Hunters, they can see you when you are "hidden"

The game is really enjoyable, last night was my 1st real bash at it, put in about 6+ hours. Love the little radio chatter with Pagan Min about twitter and J-Lo and so forth :pac:

The whole weapon system seems completely f**ked though.
    Got 2 "signatures" already, only weapons I bought were the Recurve Bow and DVG Sniper (which is a complete crock of $hite no matter how you spin it).... don't know how to explain it but getting weapons just seems to easy and cheap (not in money but in skill), doesn't feel like the FC3 progression where every 2nd time you unlocked a weapon it was like "oh hell yeah, gotta try that out"

For example Spoiler:
    did the mission where you defend the monastery/temple if you sided with hot chick and not the guy Pagan Min fancies
    and unlocked like 10 guns when I was back at camp.

The skill tree is kind of crappier than FC3 IMHO.

Also the control system has been set to full idiot mode. Why did they change what wasn't broken, they only added Bait from what I can see.
    Crafting syringes is a right pain and using left on d-pad for mines and C4 took me 5 hours to figure out. What is their obsession with "wheels" to select stuff from.
    I have no doubt by the end game I'll be completely ok with this but it just seems like changes for changes sake.

Still love it, these random issues aside, setting up 3 sets of C4 to blow up one of his Mins Venegence conveys and blocking the road with an elephant was a joy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hunt or be Hunted, it's the mission where they introduce the new enemy type Hunters, they can see you when you are "hidden"

No, this was a good bit further on than that, it was one of the missions up in the snowy mountain tops.

Still haven't received my code from uplay

Still haven't received my code from uplay

Yea I got a confirmation email uplay saying I will be contacted on how to claim it but nothing yet

Yea I got a confirmation email uplay saying I will be contacted on how to claim it but nothing yet

Well I didn't get that email but after I entered the code it took me to a new page and said I'd be contacted or something

Well I didn't get that email but after I entered the code it took me to a new page and said I'd be contacted or something

Took a while for my code to come through aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Completed a Hard Outpost in the Rolfcopter without an Alarm going off.

Raining 50 odd 40mm Grenades of death onto everything whilst circling and singing Ride of the Valkriye works surprisingly well.

Granted I knew where the alarms were and aimed most of the death grenades in that area, still cool tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anyone try to take a fortress before you completed the associated campaign quest?

I've only done 2 so far

the first which I did after the campaign quest and it was still damn hard to do without setting off the alarms.

the second I went to just have a look as I hadnt done the quest associated yet and found that there was a very clear and easy way in to take it so I did it really bloody easily.

Though I admit picking up that 50. cal sniper makes everything easier once you bang a silencer on it :D

I've only just crossed into the north side of the map last night and I've clocked close to 15 hours gametime. But I'm way overskilled and overgeared and done almost all the secondary quests.

Advertisement