Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Charging an outpost on an elephant is good craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Oh and another thing. Having the car autodrive means that if there's pedestrians walking along the road the autodrive will aim right for them and you'll lose 50 karma (purple xp) or whatever its called for each kill! I killed three before I realised that the vehicle wasn't going to avoid the people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GamingRoasted

Looking for the cheapest place to buy Far Cry 4 for the 360 in Dublin as I'm awfully poor and stingy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone here that preordered from Amazon get their Blood Ruby DLC code yet?

I pre-ordered mine ages ago and got the code on 12th September

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

irishmover wrote: »
    I was on top of a rock yesterday. Rhino just killed one of the Pagan min troops. All I had left was a mine. Flung the mine down between myself and him and started pegging rocks at him. He went to charge towards me and bam! Should have saved the video as it was epic. Damn rhinos!

I was at a shera trader guy on a road near some Rhino's minding their business when two cars randomly crashed into each other. The Rhino's did not like this & proceeded to ram the two cars a bunch killing the people inside. Then go for the sherpa & finally me! ****e bags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have fell into the the Fc3 style of play I had, I intend to take everyone out Rambo style with only the bow and knife. When it inevitably goes tits up, out comes the grenade launcher and everyone fcuking dies.

I have taken a few outposts without firing a shot tho, bengal tigers ftw!

I took an outpost by throwing one stone :cool:
    It did land on an elephant's arse though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have fell into the the Fc3 style of play I had, I intend to take everyone out Rambo style with only the bow and knife. When it inevitably goes tits up, out comes the grenade launcher and everyone fcuking dies.
    So exactly like Rambo, then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The USB bug is getting a fix released in 1.4 on Friday.

Civilian assholes are bringing down my karma :mad:
    Came across a bit of a shoot up in the middle of the road, ended up throwing a Molotov at the last guy, that's the end of that, along comes a van flying down the road straight into the burning grass, they jump out and burn and die :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anyone else having difficulties with the Keys to Kyrat. Cant get online co-op with a friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone do the co-op bits and bobs? What are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

cursai wrote: »
    Anyone else having difficulties with the Keys to Kyrat. Cant get online co-op with a friend!

Did you get to the mission that unlocks co-op?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered mine ages ago and got the code on 12th September

I just checked my email there, I got mine the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How many main story missions in do you encounter:
    Co-op?
    Hurks missions?

I'm currently 5 main missions in :o

humanji wrote: »
    So exactly like Rambo, then.

Aiming for Rambo 2 keeps ending out like Rambo 4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cormac... wrote: »
    How many main story missions in do you encounter:
    Co-op?
    Hurks missions?

I'm currently 5 main missions in :o

Co-op unlocks once you are past act one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

irishmover wrote: »
    Did you get to the mission that unlocks co-op?

Yep well past.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Anyone else feel horrible killing all theses animals?

Ive actually died twice trying to run away from a dog trying to mangle my face because of the yelp it bastard brother made when I burnt him to death......mwhahaha

I feel like a bad person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Heads up.

I still hadn't received my pre-order code this morning from Amazon so I emailed them.

An hour later they got back to me with a code. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So can someone fill me in on a Co-op question?

When a friend joins your game does he spawn with his own single player gear or is it just what the host has access to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

the only stuff you can make progress on is money / items / skills / craftings. Any progress otherwise (collectibles, missions, outposts, ect) isn't saved for you. You aren't in your game, you are in the Hosts, so you are helping him with his game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do I craft syringes?

How do I craft syringes?

Press R1 on the weapon wheel to bring up the syringe wheel, if you have the required flowers there will be an option to craft them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Press R1 on the weapon wheel to bring up the syringe wheel, if you have the required flowers there will be an option to craft them.

huh?

on the pc syringes are autocrafted after you've unlocked the skill for the specific syringe and pick the flowers.

pretty much gives you infinite medkits if you harvest a tonne of green flowers as they'll autocraft everytime you use a medkit.

So far I'm torn on it

It's buggy as hell in a lot of areas. I had to restart the first balance of power mission a few times because the game would get confused when I did a nearby outpost or tower and lose the marker for the actual mission and nothing would happen when I arrived at the location (and all the enemy soldiers on the map disappear).

I've also had odd deaths where i've been launched into the sky while using the wingsuit or grapple on numerous occasions.

But bugs aside there are little things that I like and some that I dislike.

The variety of animals initially looks appealing but it's ridiculous how quickly you can find them all and level up all your gear. With the exception of the ones needing snow leopards I have gotten all the gear to the final stage (where it's a unique quest chain) and I've barely travelled past the first outpost.

Also they can be too plentiful in some ways and interact too much with the local forces. Trying to hunt a rhino using only a bow constantly gets ruined by local rebels attacking it with guns.

Eagles are the worse though. Not for attacking you, no they just constantly agro anyone with a gun near them. So I am constantly reacting to a potential attack every time I spawn in a camp or driving along only to find it's some idiots shooting at an eagle. Including one time when I was trying to take a camp undetected and thought I got spotted cause the whole camp started shooting in my direction.

because there was an eagle over me.

f*cking eagles are everywhere and constantly draw attention.

Tigers are great though. They are fairly rare and in specific areas and they actually act right. Coming in quick killing someone/thing and then sprinting away stupidly fast. Every other animal can be chased down but tigers you need to actually either trap or get in close (where you'll take a tonne of damage) to kill.

Overall the animals feel less like wildlife in far cry 3 and more specifically like a whole faction to themselves, they are over abundant, suffer mostly from bad a.i (most of them will get hit by an arrow and run a short distance away then stop if they dont see you. You can kill rhinos and elephants by stalking them and putting an hour into them every 20 metres til they go down) Also despite being more, they feel less varied then 3. There's not a lot I'd put on par with the crocs or sharks from FC3 and the birds are just a nuisance.

Aside from that the bell towers are better then the propaganda towers, mostly because they're treated more like little bases then just climbing puzzles. So you got to fight through a few guys (just 1 or 2 initially, later snipers, jeeps, morters etc) before you do the climbing part. I still like the climbing part, it's oddly relaxing and a much needed break in both games.

I love the grapple it adds to the climbing which is one of the few satisfying climbing mechanics in a fps. When it doesnt bug out it can be a lot of fun.

It's become more GTA jungle with the side missions, they now have *more* to them with there being your standard do this for money and gear side missions and then side missions with full on intro cutscenes with some cooky character/s The side characters are fun and ott which is a welcome to the far too serious and far too unlikeable main mission givers. But the missions themselves are also bigger, the propaganda camps in particular are like extra basecamps.

As for the main meat, the camps and campaign missions. The camps are still as fun as they were in 3. The new hunters add a great mix to the variety of soldiers, did feel a bit of a deja vu with some camps feeling very similar to the ones in 3. But I feel the difficulty has been massively spiked if you dont opt for a stealth approach. I've only not stealth on one base and the second the alarm got hit I got swarmed by the reinforcements and died a quick death.

Main campaign missions I have little to say as of right now because despite putting a fair chunk of two days into the game I've not gotten very far in the main game. Only up to the 2nd balance of power choice, instead I've been exploring which is the game's biggest strength with all the dynamic events (and awesome convoys to attack) I've very slowly edged across the map.

The other factor delaying my progress is...

well the game runs like a dog

My computer struggles to keep 60fps, even with the settings toned down massively. Its weird too as if I am in a gunfight the fps is solid as a rock, it's only when driving or trekking long distances does it take a kicking. Which has made me reluctant to make long journeys and to go slowly across the map camp by camp, village by village. And I dont have a sh*te machine. It can handle BF4 without issue and I've been able to go solidly this whole year without needing to do any tweaking with any of this year's major releases. The only other game that gives my machine as much of a kicking as far cry 4 is arma 3 multiplayer (singleplayer is fine).

it's actually getting silly how badly the game runs. I cant use gun turrets as it turns into a slideshow when I do (also weird, cause it doesnt feel like a framerate issue, it's just how the movement seems to be coded. I should record a video so people can see).

Overall it's a solid time consuming fun game. It's not as much of a giddy wow factor as fc3. But I think it would be hard to recreate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I miss Vaas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Found out while playing co-op (and I imagine the single player) that you can grapple onto the gyrocopter which is brilliant fun! :)

Spent 4 hours reinstalling it last night after a BSOD

Uplay said it had no internet(200mb UPC) to download it, no space on SSD (150Gb free).
    Finally downloaded it, wouldnt run after I click new game.(saves lost)
    Crashed, removed HIDs, Ran as Admin, Verified game files ( wouldnt verify)

Around 11pm it verified and worked, so back to start for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Overall it's a solid time consuming fun game. It's not as much of a giddy wow factor as fc3. But I think it would be hard to recreate that.

I pretty much agree with everything you said there, in particular about the animals. FC3 made you feel a bit more like a hunter, where as now you're just culling an over abundant animal population.

But it still has it's moments. There aren't many games where you can say you took out an entire enemy encampment with a single arrow to an elephant's arse. :D

• Advertisement

Ya the green health potions craft themselves which is nice, I had a load of red/blue leaves farmed yesterday and a rhino appears from no where and kills and when I restarted all the leaves were gone :mad:

Advertisement