Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Which part died ? surely the 1 part is replaceable..and then you'd have 2 pcs ?
    Motherboard and CPU went. Ironically enough, I had set about getting the new PC last week before it went. Maybe the old one read my emails and died of a broken heart/CPU. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    there is no steam version

ubisoft have pulled all their new titles from steam. You have to go through Uplay which is utter bull****.

No, they haven't. There was only an issue in the UK and only for a few days. My copy is a Steam one for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ubisoft have pulled all their new titles from steam. You have to go through Uplay which is utter bull****.
    Are you sure it's not on steam? On the browser page it's listed even when I log into it. Haven't checked the actual program, so that could be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Ah right, i hated fiddling around that with FC3. I still have to register with Uplay through PSN i think, but once that's done it should be the end of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still don't understand why any publisher with the $$$ enough to run its own Digital Distribution platform is somehow supposed to just hand over free cash to its competitor because it's somehow OK to support one company over the others.

The butt-hurt and entitlement from people about this "if it's not on Steam I won't play it" BS that's been doing the rounds since Origin rolled out is mind blowing. What on earth has Valve done lately to make you blindly follow them down the road to total monopoly - the most dangerous of scenarios for any consumer?

UPlay is not good. That's not even remotely in dispute. It constantly dies on its arse on launch day of any big title. They need to fix that. Tell you what though, for the other 350+ days of the year, it's grand.

Ubisoft deserves a lot of criticism for its recent exceptionally shady and outright dishonest practices, but lets stop clutching at really stupid straws when there are so many obvious real problems for talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

For anyone that downloaded from the US PSN, how do I get to play on my Irish account? It has a lock on it and I'm getting a message to say only my US account can play and to buy a license.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You must set you US account as the primary account on your PS4.

So both accounts are primary and you're able to play content off both using either account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Spear wrote: »
    No, they haven't. There was only an issue in the UK and only for a few days. My copy is a Steam one for example.

I am currently based in the UK
    humanji wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not on steam? On the browser page it's listed even when I log into it. Haven't checked the actual program, so that could be different.

I checked and double checked it's not there and I tried the cd key with steam and it didnt work.
    Shiminay wrote: »
    I still don't understand why any publisher with the $$$ enough to run its own Digital Distribution platform is somehow supposed to just hand over free cash to its competitor because it's somehow OK to support one company over the others.

The butt-hurt and entitlement from people about this "if it's not on Steam I won't play it" BS that's been doing the rounds since Origin rolled out is mind blowing. What on earth has Valve done lately to make you blindly follow them down the road to total monopoly - the most dangerous of scenarios for any consumer?

UPlay is not good. That's not even remotely in dispute. It constantly dies on its arse on launch day of any big title. They need to fix that. Tell you what though, for the other 350+ days of the year, it's grand.

Ubisoft deserves a lot of criticism for its recent exceptionally shady and outright dishonest practices, but lets stop clutching at really stupid straws when there are so many obvious real problems for talking about.

Lets just clarify that no one in this thread has stated as such. My issue with Uplay is it is sh1t I get crap download speeds, its User interface is downright awful it has some obsession with mimicking xbox live as it was five years ago with it's ubi points and cgi avatar. It has no in program shop, instead sending you to the ubisoft website where the only version they offer to sell online are the *special edition* versions.

And as I said people give Origin a lot of crap but frankly I like Origin, it has all the same bullsh*t as Uplay but smartly tucks it all back far away in the corner so none of it gets in the way. On top of that it prioritises whats important. The games you own, the games on sale, fast downloads of updates and new releases.

Steam is convenient. That is honestly its best feature. I dont do much at all with the community element, steam is just a convenient and many times cheap way to buy and download pc games quickly. If another company offers something more conveniant I'll opt for them over Steam and hell when it was going cheap on both platforms I did choose buying tomb raider on origin over steam because Origin downloads quicker. The only reason that all backfired is that you needed steam to f*cking launch the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

tok9 wrote: »
    You must set you US account as the primary account on your PS4.

So both accounts are primary and you're able to play content off both using either account.

Cheers man, I thought you could only have 1 primary account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So what are peoples impressions of the game on PC? I know it's more or less the same as the 3rd but how is the performance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As I said, UPlay is not good at all. Right now, I've a friend that's just got home from work to try and play FC4 and he can't cause UPlay is dead (as is usual on a launch day). At this stage it's just like an MMO on launch day - queues and broken and all the rest - I don't know why that's coming as a surprise to anyone though.

This is one of the multitude of reasons I will no longer buy Ubi games at launch, I know they won't work (that and Ubi just lies to customers over and over and over and over again).

The only way this will be fixed is for everyone else to do the same (and ironically, it'll probably make UPlay run really smoothly if 1m+ people just don't try to play their game on launch day).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is uplay on consoles or pc only?

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So what are peoples impressions of the game on PC? I know it's more or less the same as the 3rd but how is the performance?

No one can play it on pc cause Uplay is down

And I had just gotten pass 33% on that 30 gig download.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No one can play it on pc cause Uplay is down

And I had just gotten pass 33% on that 30 gig download.

Is this because it can't be authenticated for first install or does the game require a connection all the time? ie No offline single player like FC3?

Is uplay on consoles or pc only?

You need a Uplay account to play online on consoles. You have to register/set up an account.

On PC it's a client like steam that you open the game out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did anyone else get this in a Bricks and Mortor shop with the DLC codes?
    It appears you get one code sheet for the Keys to Kryat and one for the Hurks Missions.
    BUT it appears the Key to Kryat Code actually contains the Hurks DLC when redeemed.
    Anyone else? Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Bought this online on the PS4 today, and I normally get great download speeds but this is going at a snails pace, at one stage I was told it'd be 99 hours plus! Just me or is it PSN getting hammered on launch day?

Sesudra wrote: »
    Bought this online on the PS4 today, and I normally get great download speeds but this is going at a snails pace, at one stage I was told it'd be 99 hours plus! Just me or is it PSN getting hammered on launch day?

I downloaded it last night, or so i thought. Only 59% had downloaded, booted it up today and it cut out after the prologue to download the remainder.

Life can be so unfair. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sesudra wrote: »

Try restarting your ps4, that happened me before and a restart sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Having a blast playing this and damm it looks amazing. One thing that lets it down tho is the AI for friendly NPC's is rather poor, with them standing around doing nothing while enemies and animals attack other friendlies 10 feet away o0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

undcided wherther to go with PC or PS3 on this.

Graphics isn't the deciding factor for me...

It's sitting/lying on a comfy couch playing in front of the TV...but being annoyed at my reaction times with a controller (e.g. sniping)

=vrs=

At a PC , sitting upright all day, but instant control and reactions with the mouse and keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

More of the same but with more stuff to do.

Cant really argue with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

dreamers75 wrote: »
    More of the same but with more stuff to do.

Cant really argue with that :)

How are the weapons and vehicles in it? Is the map much bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

For anyone interested there's an alternate ending to the game. Spoiler shows how to unlock it.
    the game is only 25 mins long this way. When you're up in Pagan Min's tower having a party with him and the two other dudes. After he leaves the room and you're on your own, instead of escaping just wait in the room for approximately 10 minutes. Pagan Min comes back it goes into a few cut scenes and the game finishes. Won't ruin the cutscenes but it was a nice additional touch!

Holy crap just got my copy in the door from amazon,it only shipped Monday :O with super saver delivery, now that's service for ya :-D

Got up to find the download complete but the game hangs everytime I launch it so...

fuuuuuuuuuu

wow...

just f*cking wow.

Game wont launch if you have any usb devices plugged in that is not your keyboard and mouse

I had to unplug my joystick and webcamera to get the damn thing to f*cking work

better be bloody worth it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

wow...

just f*cking wow.

Game wont launch if you have any usb devices plugged in that is not your keyboard and mouse

I had to unplug my joystick and webcamera to get the damn thing to f*cking work

better be bloody worth it now.

Playing it on PS4 not PC but very fun so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got up to find the download complete but the game hangs everytime I launch it so...

fuuuuuuuuuu

I had to unplug my Xbox pad and Hori fighting stick to get past that.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953568-Possible-fix-for-blackscreen-at-startup

Map seems much bigger than 3 but has much more to do, there are more random karma events going on. Some a annoying when your on mission. The guns are higher res versions of the Fc3 ones, Autodrive is ahandy and i have used it a few times.

And god Damn Hunters are like fecking Ninjas.

• Advertisement

so far it's fine. More of the same of what made far cry 3, little things here and there annoy me but nothing I'd say is damning
    I dont know why but the element of being some stupid tourist in far cry 3 who gets involved by chance and is completely out of his league was both a charming appeal of far cry 3 and also a brief issue of irritation (when you go from confused man child to killer in the blink of an eye) far cry 4 seems to trying to keep that but also do away with it, there's no progression from manchild to killer and you are also got an air of destiny around you.

What I can say is damning though is the game's performance on pc. My god is it demanding. Battlefield 4 runs better on my machine then this. actually this is the first multiformat title linked to the next gen consoles to run like crap on my rig (though I have not tried Unity). I can barely keep 60fps and when I jumped on to a quadbike for the first time my fps tanked instantly.

Hopefully a patch or two will clear it out.

Advertisement