Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a desk, and woud like a glass top for it. The desk has a small inset for a person to type so its not a rectangle.

Anyone know where I would look to get one in Galway? Any idea of cost?
    If you cant get one ready-made, Corbett glass opposit Aldi in westside will cut toughened glass to all shapes/sizes I believe.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I’m looking for a present for a 1st wedding anniversary.

What shop in town would have something nice? I don’t mean jewellery. Like a thing you’d hang on a wall or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Tilikum17 wrote: »

What shop in town would have something nice? I don’t mean jewellery. Like a thing you’d hang on a wall or something.

I'd recommend TK Max or Homestore & More in Wellpark (check out Woodies for homewares too, sometimes they surprise you). Actually we got a gift cert to a homestore place like that as a wedding present and I remember we appreciated it as there were lots of little things we needed to kit out the house at the time.

Also noticed Laura Ashley opened in Tesco shopping mall (taste dependent, of course). New Look also has a few different homewares albeit small.

Now they deliver even an IKEA gift cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Treasure Chest or the kilkenny shop are also worth a look. They’d have a slightly higher price point than those beardybrewer mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I'd recommend TK Max or Homestore & More in Wellpark (check out Woodies for homewares too, sometimes they surprise you). Actually we got a gift cert to a homestore place like that as a wedding present and I remember we appreciated it as there were lots of little things we needed to kit out the house at the time.

Also noticed Laura Ashley opened in Tesco shopping mall (taste dependent, of course). New Look also has a few different homewares albeit small.

Now they deliver even an IKEA gift cert?

Where is the Tesco Shopping Centre? do you mean the Headford Road one?

• Advertisement

Technically the Galway Shopping Centre but we often say Tesco or Headford Rd shopping centre. It's the only proper Tesco in town.

https://goo.gl/maps/hrwsw81B2sP2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

That’s great. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

House has extensive brick feature in living room fireplace and same in dining room.
    Looking for someone who can knock down & remove the brick.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭what_traffic

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

House has extensive brick feature in living room fireplace and same in dining room.
    Looking for someone who can knock down & remove the brick.

Thanks,
    Pa.
    Could it plastered over - would be far cheaper job to do. Is the brick wall a loadbearing wall?

It's a lot of brick so want it removed, see attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

It's a lot of brick so want it removed, see attached.

Is there a chimney breast upstairs over it or is it stopping at the ceiling and the flu going out through the wall ?
    I would be interested in doing it but we are busy at the minute for a few weeks .

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is there a chimney breast upstairs over it or is it stopping at the ceiling and the flu going out through the wall ?
    I would be interested in doing it but we are busy at the minute for a few weeks .

Chimney breast all the way up to attic. Could you pm me with a rough quote please even of you can't do the Job?. I could use that as a benchmark then.

Chimney breast all the way up to attic. Could you pm me with a rough quote please even of you can't do the Job?. I could use that as a benchmark then.

The brick stops at the ceiling level in that photo though? Right?
    If YES then 99% the brick render here has no loadbearing features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Looking for a recommendation for a good interior decorator/ designer in Galway
    Anyone?

The brick stops at the ceiling level in that photo though? Right?
    If YES then 99% the brick render here has no loadbearing features.

The brickwork is just cosmetic I believe so shouldn't have any effect on load bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Looking for place that sells Hartleys Jam.

Dunnes and Tesco don't as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

bobbyss wrote: »

How much do u need? We do portions at work i can give you a few if your jonesing for a jam fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭thebackbar

im looking to dispose of some stanley knife blades safely ! where can do that ?

thebackbar wrote: »
    im looking to dispose of some stanley knife blades safely ! where can do that ?

Cut open a coke can, drop em in, crush the can, dispose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Cut open a coke can, drop em in, crush the can, dispose.

Put them in a steel can, e.g. beans. More recyclable! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Would anyone have a recommendation for someone to install a velux window in an attic? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looking for plain canvas bags like this, anyone know of anywhere in the city that does them?

MRCH_CNVS_0000_01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491240056

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

b.gud wrote: »
    Looking for plain canvas bags like this, anyone know of anywhere in the city that does them?

MRCH_CNVS_0000_01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1491240056
    Aldi has them sometimes at the till centra have printed ones all the time, tho the fabric is much stronger in the centra ones.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

https://www.cregalart.ie/product/cotton-bag

Maybe try iSupply, too. They might have them to print on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The cheese stall (not Sheridan's, the other one) at the Saturday market used to sell plain ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Someone to repair a fairly ancient tumble dryer, that I *think* has a wiring issue since it always trips the house switch once it is turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Schuh on Shop Street offer them with any shoes you buy. They are branded and cost €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Herself ended up getting ones with some stuff printed on them that she was happy with in Penneys

jogdish wrote: »
    Someone to repair a fairly ancient tumble dryer, that I *think* has a wiring issue since it always trips the house switch once it is turned on.

Would try George Conboy (conboyelectrical.com) on New Road/Parkavara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

bobbyss wrote:

bobbyss wrote:

I used to get it in joyces knocknacara. Spotted it in tubs and individual portions in Musgraves last week.

Advertisement