Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Looking to get my driveway tarmac-ed.

Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

detoxkid wrote: »
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a good reasonably priced interior designer?

Send me a pm and I can give you a number of a really good lady

skinny90 wrote: »
    I am looking for a photography club in Galway? Is there any you'd recommend?

https://www.galwaycameraclub.com/

There's a new one set up in Claregalway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anybody know where to get V60 coffee filters in Galway?

Edit: Failing that, anywhere in Ireland? I want them faster than Amazon will get them to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anybody know where to get V60 coffee filters in Galway?

Edit: Failing that, anywhere in Ireland? I want them faster than Amazon will get them to me :D

Badger and Dodo: https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/hariov60filterpaper/

They should have them in the Coffee shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Badger and Dodo: https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/hariov60filterpaper/

They should have them in the Coffee shop.

Cheers! Just thought of them too. Are they still in Fairgreen near the Radison/Galmont/Whatever?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Cheers! Just thought of them too. Are they still in Fairgreen near the Radison/Galmont/Whatever?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I am looking to change my voting address to Galway.

I have filled out the RFA3 form, and have it stamped by the Guards. What do I do now? Is there a postal address or do I just go to the Council Office on Prospect Hill and fill it in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

FitzShane wrote: »

I have filled out the RFA3 form, and have it stamped by the Guards. What do I do now? Is there a postal address or do I just go to the Council Office on Prospect Hill and fill it in there?
    If you can, hand it in. You can, of course, post it. In my experience, so much correspondence coming up to events like this, go missing in lots of constituencies.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tobdom

FitzShane wrote: »

I was onto 'them' yesterday about change of address and was advised at this stage it won't be updated before the Referendum (but you can still submit your RFA3 form now if you like). Your polling card will be sent to your old (assuming) address and your vote will be in the polling station appopriate for that address.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Looking to pick up a decent stovetop coffee pot similar to the one below - does anybody know a place in Galway where I can pick one up?

1344bfc9d91484a18739d45b184ff079.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Woodies have them, €10 or 15 iirc

mike_ie wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a decent stovetop coffee pot similar to the one below - does anybody know a place in Galway where I can pick one up?

Anthony Ryan's Home store or, if you are lucky, TKMaxx
    Homestore and More is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Anthony Ryan's Home store
    +1 Have bought them a few times in Anthony Ryan's Homestore on Lombard St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Anyone know if there's a bus from the city to claregalway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm loooking for a recommendation for a man with a van.
    Some relatively heavy lifting involved in moving and transporting some furniture.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

My son will be doing work experience in Galway starting mid May. He is looking for somewhere to stay for about a month. Maybe in a family home with someone who keeps students. Where should we look or who should we contact? All help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.daft.ie is best for accommodation. For a short stay maybe consider www.airbnb.ie

happyday wrote: »
    My son will be doing work experience in Galway starting mid May. He is looking for somewhere to stay for about a month. Maybe in a family home with someone who keeps students. Where should we look or who should we contact? All help appreciated!

Whereabouts in Galway will he be working and does he drive or will he be relying on public transport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Whereabouts in Galway will he be working and does he drive or will he be relying on public transport?

He will be working in the city centre. He doesn't drive. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

looking for someone to possibly renovate the house I'm in, needs a lot of work.
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

I’m looking for a good accountant and tax advisor in galway please if someone can recommend via pm.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Boxty!
    Has anyone seen this around?

I tried someone's and it was lovely. I think it was a brand recommended by Slimming World but I don't remember the name. I assume it's all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Boxty!

I tried someone's and it was lovely. I think it was a brand recommended by Slimming World but I don't remember the name. I assume it's all the same though.
    Joyce's. Have bought it there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Boxty!

Iceland in Doughiska

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Lookin for a casual singing group in Galway, a drop in choir type of arrangement, anyone know of any?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Bredabe wrote: »
    Lookin for a casual singing group in Galway, a drop in choir type of arrangement, anyone know of any?
    Look up the Ad Hoc Choir. They meet in Galway arts centre and a few other locations around the city. Also Sing a long social sometimes on. Next weekend (May 18th-20th) is Gospel Rising festival which has lots of Choir workshops- you can attend full weekend or just individual sessions. Sunday afternoon in cathedral is This is Me workshop which will be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Boxty!

Try making it yourself, its basically just spuds, butter and salt. Really quick and not as salty as the off the shelf stuff

• Advertisement

Hi
    Looking for someone to lay semi solid herringbone floor please.

Thanks,
    Pa

Advertisement