Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

About floor runners.

You can buy mats/runners separately from non-slips mats or even add some double sided tape to the mats.

But yeah, locally Argos would have them
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2385936/Trail/searchtext%3EPOISE.htm mat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Anyone know where to get last minute Halloween costumes in town this evening?

Zhivago have a good bit of halloween stuff at the front of the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I need to buy some long floor mats or runners and has to be slip resident.

The dog has arthritis had her grip on the hall/kitchen floors is very poor is the mornings. She steady up a bit throughout the day. I need non slip runners for placing about the house.

Not trying to be funny, but you might be better off to put non-slip socks/boots on your dog.
    Used some for one of my dogs a few years ago and they worked a treat. I got them online, however.
    You could ring the pet shops if they have any or use baby/toddler non-slip socks if your dog is big enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Not trying to be funny, but you might be better off to put non-slip socks/boots on your dog.
    Used some for one of my dogs a few years ago and they worked a treat. I got them online, however.
    You could ring the pet shops if they have any or use baby/toddler non-slip socks if your dog is big enough.

Thanks for this. I tried some baby socks with grips at the bottom of them. The dog won't leave them on. She has a love affair with socks and shoes as it. I will continue trying them on her every day to see if see takes to them.

I checked out some dog shoes/boots online but I'll have to wait a bit for delivery. Into next week anyways. I will need a quick fix for now.

I think I might have things sorted for now. I'll be ordering a runner from dunnes and they have next day delivery if you order before 10pm. I don't know how that will behave on the floor so on the next.ie site they have a section for rugs and there they have an anti slip grip under lay for rugs. I found one that will fit the runner from dunnes. Nuts hopping from site to site doing calculations.

biko wrote: »
    About floor runners.

You can buy mats/runners separately from non-slips mats or even add some double sided tape to the mats.

But yeah, locally Argos would have them
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2385936/Trail/searchtext%3EPOISE.htm mat

I was going to pop into town in the morning for one of them runner and mats sets that you linked to. I don't feel like leaving the house at all in case the dog slips and fractures. Got things sorted for now with some shops doing next day delivery.

• Advertisement

My delivery came yesterday from dunnes and next and I'm very happy with both that I ordered. I expected the runner to slip on the floor and the grip I ordered from next does the job very well at keeping it in place.

I need to order about 2 more runners for the house and I have my eye on one online from another site. It's the most generous in length and price too. I read reviews too and it's non slip too. So I'll be sticking in an order at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sabrina murphy

Hi We really need a bit of help. My wonderful childminder of 5 years is retiring due to ill health and we are all gutted. We are looking for a mature lady to mind 3 girls 1 in school (age 5) 1 in montessori (age3) and 1 at home full time (age 18 months). I work 2 days per week.The suitable person must be available to do collection from school and montessori, car can be provided. We don't mind if the children are minded in the minders own home or in our home. Any help at all with our search would be great.Tried putting up ads and galway advertiser no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,626 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any Heatons or Mr. Price stores in Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there any Heatons or Mr. Price stores in Galway city?

Two Mr Price - http://www.mrprice.ie/page/galway-2/68

but no Heatons - https://www.heatonsstores.com/Stores/Search?lat=53.270668&long=-9.0567905&sd=100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looking for Helium, enough to fill a weather balloon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

jogdish wrote: »

It's expensive stuff! Spoilt for Choice in Athenry might give you a fill. Brace yourself though, it's more expensive than gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Greaney wrote: »
    It's expensive stuff! Spoilt for Choice in Athenry might give you a fill. Brace yourself though, it's more expensive than gold.

Don't think gold would work in a balloon anyway :-D

I'm looking for an electrician. I have a socket that's on strike and the wall switch for the cooker has just packed in, too.
    Save me from takeaway tomorrow please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

jogdish wrote: »

I've seen Helium tanks in Dealz and MrPrice, don't know if they'd be willing tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I've seen Helium tanks in Dealz and MrPrice, don't know if they'd be willing tho

Mr. Price has a sign behind the counter saying that they only fill balloons purchased from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Greaney wrote: »

The world is running out of the stuff despite it being one of the most abundant elements in the universe.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a4046/why-is-there-a-helium-shortage-10031229/

Hopefully soon, the helium party balloons will be a thing of the past - helium is needed to cool the magnets in MRI machines or in the manufacture of silicon wafers.

Back to op - think Happy Days has a tank but whether they'd fill a weather balloon or not is a different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Don't think gold would work in a balloon anyway :-D

Would nearly go down like a lead balloon I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Now that you mention it, they sell Helium in Argos...
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2754756/Trail/searchtext%3EHELIUM.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Party Zone in Woodies Wellpark used to fill balloons brought in for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Any coin counters near city centre? Have a large bag of coppers to change.

• Advertisement

Daniel S wrote: »

Sea Point in Salthill has the lowest commission rate. It's either 2 or 3%, most places charge around 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Daniel S wrote:

Super valu on Fr griffin rd. Have a machine but take a commission of 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

twirlagig wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get henna? Not sure if it's powder or paste I'm looking for - whatever they use to create henna tattoos?
    TIA :)

Bumping...
    Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

twirlagig wrote: »
    Bumping...
    Anyone? :)

There will prob be a girl doing tattoos around Shop Street tomorrow. Ask her where she gets hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Daniel S wrote: »

As a suggestion maybe use a self service till in Tesco or Dunnes and pay the remainder via card so you don't lose out paying commission. Of course this doesn't convert it to cash but you won't lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bananapancakes

I am looking for "Chinese Lanterns" in Galway City please, Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Hi,
    I am looking for a roll or two of contact to put on windows (clear plastic stuck on windows for privacy)
    Anyone know where I could get some?

B&Q has that foil, close to the home deco and curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone know a descent mens barbers open on a Sunday? Normally only go to the edge in eyre sq but obviously closed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Kozzys at the Galway shopping center

Advertisement