Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

The best Indian restaurant ?

The best nightclub?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Lashes28 wrote: »

The best nightclub?

Thanks

Tulsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lashes28 wrote: »

The best nightclub?

Thanks

Eastern Tandoori

Do you like yokes? If so, Carbon, if not, are you a hipster, if so, Roisin Dubh, otherwise, 4/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

I am looking for a good place in the city to do a full car valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Any ideas on where to buy a leatherman in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,089 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not sure if it's still there but the shop that has a permanent sale as you go into Tesco Headford Rd used to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

From what I remember, the Galway Shoe Repair shop in the Shopping Centre does them.

Lol. Looks like you won't go wrong in the Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The shoe repairer doesn't sell them now. Duffys outdoor shop, at the bottom of shop street, does but you will pay a lot buying one in Ireland. Do you know which model you want ? I have several & I can point you in the right direction :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Could anyone give me the name of a dental hygienist in Galway city? The girl that I usually see is on maturity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tilikum wrote: »
    Could anyone give me the name of a dental hygienist in Galway city? The girl that I usually see is on maturity leave.

James McGovern has a very good girl attached to his practice but I think she only attends every second Thursday.

7 St. Francis Street, Galway
    Contact details

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Devon park dental in salthill have a hygienist - it's around 60-65 euro per session but she did a good job on my teeth a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Will she be back when she grows up?!

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Will she be back when she grows up?!

Feck ya. I go missing from Boards for a couple of days and somebody takes over my smart answer spot :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭thebackbar

Hello,

Can someone recommend a bakery where i could get a pavlova ? Its for a special birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Can't go wrong with Goyas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

+ 1 for goyas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Anyone know where I could get henna? Not sure if it's powder or paste I'm looking for - whatever they use to create henna tattoos?
    TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I'm looking for a place to get my Samsung LCD TV repaired in Galway. Any suggestions? O'Connors on the Mulvoy Road comes up a lot in any searches I've done. Any experiences with them or any alternatives? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Padkir wrote: »
    I'm looking for a place to get my Samsung LCD TV repaired in Galway. Any suggestions? O'Connors on the Mulvoy Road comes up a lot in any searches I've done. Any experiences with them or any alternatives? Thanks.

Do they actually repair flat screens? I thought they were pretty much replaced if in guarantee, or a throw away item if not.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Do they actually repair flat screens? I thought they were pretty much replaced if in guarantee, or a throw away item if not.

Well I don't know what's wrong with it, for all I know it could be just the cable. I'm not throwing away a 300 euro TV without checking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm not throwing away a 300 euro TV without checking...

Guess you're not aware of the throw-away culture we all live in. It will probably cost more to repair than to replace.

Let is know what happens. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I used them for a dvd recorder & they were fine. Like other places they charge a fee to assess it so check the obvious things first.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Anyone ever seen these delicious little yokes on sale anywhere?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaFswlEUYkTOWWKElqsCUrExEDsk9SUzJGlQ8AyjyJQ8yg-nWb

You sometimes see them in kebab shops but I've never seen them in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Lidl and M&S sometimes have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

There might still be some in Lidl. They still have some stuff from the Greek week recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

theres normally a stall with theme at the christmas market, yhats the only time I've seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If you're techie and feeling adventurous you could try this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Re-UmG9Gc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Alcoheda wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen these delicious little yokes on sale anywhere?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaFswlEUYkTOWWKElqsCUrExEDsk9SUzJGlQ8AyjyJQ8yg-nWb

You sometimes see them in kebab shops but I've never seen them in Galway.

If you find a good source of them, do let us know... Them things are like fookin crack! <drools>

Advertisement