Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

Looking for a good neck, back massage/rub in the City. recommendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Any idea where in town one might get a double-edged razor? A few places have the blades, but I can find no one sells the razors themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If you find a good source of them, do let us know... Them things are like fookin crack! <drools>

Lidl Headford Rd had a load left yesterday, aisle next to the freezers. 2.99 or 3.99 per pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Ficheall wrote: »
    Any idea where in town one might get a double-edged razor? A few places have the blades, but I can find no one sells the razors themselves...

I think fat Tony's used to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

They sell stuff too? Cool, will pop in there, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Alcoheda wrote:
    Anyone ever seen these delicious little yokes on sale anywhere?

I think it's called baklava if that's any help to you in your search. In Galway, I've only seen it at the Christmas Markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Can anyone recommend a restaurant for an anniversary dinner? Not too expensive or fancy (we're both students so we can't splash the cash, and I don't think he'd have anything to wear other than jeans and a nice t shirt), but somewhere special that we wouldn't normally go. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Rambler11 wrote: »
    I think it's called baklava if that's any help to you in your search. In Galway, I've only seen it at the Christmas Markets.

Is that what it is? Was wondering what the picture even was. Several asian foodstores in the city sell baklava. The place in Terryland definitely does do trays of it for reasonable enough prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Frigating wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a restaurant for an anniversary dinner? Not too expensive or fancy (we're both students so we can't splash the cash, and I don't think he'd have anything to wear other than jeans and a nice t shirt), but somewhere special that we wouldn't normally go. Thanks

Gemmelles on quay street is nice and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kinda bricked an old Android phone of mine. Who can fix this stuff? Needs to be someone who is very good with rooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Try Mike beside Brogans. It may depend on what other stuff he has on but he knows what he's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Frigating wrote: »

Park House. Forster Street. You will not be disappointed. If you go for the main course it won't be that expensive but you have a super meal. No bother on the dress code. Nobody will be looking you up or down. Great service and attention to detail. Satisfaction guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Ficheall wrote: »

My OH got me blades before in Lohan's Pharmacy on Prospect Hill.
    The old-timey pharmacies carry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

^
    Try Mike beside Brogans. It may depend on what other stuff he has on but he knows what he's at.
    Thanks, I know the pub, but who is Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Trying to think of some places in around the city for an early dinner (between 2 - 5 pm), just the kind of €10-ish/meat-and-two-veg/carvery/Loadsa shpuds type of thing. I know that restaurant place in the Galway Shopping Centre do it, maybe the Western Hotel on Prospect Hill, probably the Skeff. Anyone have any tips for a decent one? I see the Park House hotel mentioned above ^ not sure if that would do an early dinner...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Even though I haven't eaten there in donkey's years, Finnegan's used to be a main staple of my student dinner experiences. A hape of shpuds, veg and meat for about 10 bucks.

More of a favour than actually looking where to get it...

Any chance one of you wonderful humans would be in or near City Hall (College Road near Yates) during the day before 4pm? They have keys for the changing room down in Blackrock for a tenner a pop, and I'm looking to get my hands on a set. As far as I know, you can just get them from the reception when you go in and fill out a form. The lovely lady on the phone said it only takes a few minutes.

Unfortunately, it would have to be a male picking up the keys, as they won't give the men's changing room keys out to a female. (Gender inequality, wha'?)

If someone could help me out, I'd be ever so grateful and willing to re-compensate the effort with offers of a pint/coffee/sensual pottery scene from the movie 'Ghost' (I'm happy to play the part of either Swayze or Demi Moore).

*Edit: Got sorted. Sexually charged intense 90's pottery session is now off the table...

Jesus... I'm so needy lately. :p

So basically I just broke my shower head, like right clean off (don't ask)

Where might one purchase a big standard shower head that isn't woodies in wellpark (already looked)? All they had was the type with the handle that's supposed to attach to the hose, whereas I'm on the lookout for one that just screws directly onto the thing from the wall. One of these things... http://m.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-3-Spray-Showerhead-in-Chrome-8462000H/202530353

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Where might one purchase a big standard shower head that isn't woodies in wellpark (already looked)? All they had was the type with the handle that's supposed to attach to the hose, whereas I'm on the lookout for one that just screws directly onto the thing from the wall. One of these things... http://m.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-3-Spray-Showerhead-in-Chrome-8462000H/202530353

Try Walsh's Plumbing on the Tuam Road, opposite Monaghans Garage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Specialbuys in Aldi from last Sunday, they may have some left ...

https://www.aldi.ie/led-colour-changing-shower-head/p/072114054501800

:P I need a new showerhead too, but think I might draw the line at these :D Pretty cheap though!

B&Q or Higgins might be your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get sheets of perspex in Galway?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Your Face wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Depending on size, B&Q do them

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is there or was there even a Greek restaurant in Galway?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Is there or was there even a Greek restaurant in Galway?

Not to my knowledge... Gap in the market? ;)

Any barbers open in the city until 7pm? I don't finish work until after 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Not to my knowledge... Gap in the market? ;)

Any barbers open in the city until 7pm? I don't finish work until after 6.

Kozzys Headford rd shopping center stay open to 8 or 9pm on a Thursday and Friday. Think they open till 7 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Your Face wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Woodies used to also do them in a fairly decent range of larger sizes if that's what you're looking for, Wellpark probably more likely to have more as it's a much bigger store than the one in Galway Retail Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Woodies used to also do them in a fairly decent range of larger sizes if that's what you're looking for, Wellpark probably more likely to have more as it's a much bigger store than the one in Galway Retail Park.

Spot on.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I need to buy some long floor mats or runners and has to be slip resident.

I saw a nice mat on the home store and more website but it will be next week by the time I get out there. I checked out loads of bits and pieces online but I can't wait for delivery so will have to get into a bricks and mortar shop and preferably as soon as possible. Going to try and aim for tomorrow morning. I can only stay in and around the city. I won't have time to go further out into the tuam road as an example. I checked online and Woodies online doesn't have what I'm looking for. They have mats but not the long ones. Argos would be my best bet for picking up one. Does anybody here know if Tesco the homewares shop out in the shopping centre have what I'm looking for? You see, I will need to get a few and I'm shopping on a budget. I know aldi or Lidl had them a few months ago but I haven't seen them in the aldi or lidl I go to. How about dunnes? Would dunnes have any? There is a runner on the dunnes website that is reasonably priced at 30 euro but I don't know if that's slip resident.

The dog has arthritis had her grip on the hall/kitchen floors is very poor is the mornings. She steady up a bit throughout the day. I need non slip runners for placing about the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Anyone know where to get last minute Halloween costumes in town this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Halloween costumes- Glitzy blitz upstairs in the eyre square centre had lots earlier in week- or try the costume shop on/near mill street Don't know how late each opens.

Advertisement