Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Congrats Hazelbee!! Delighted to hear from you (didn't see ur MSG before my last post, doh!) Hope you're both getting to know one another nicely. Well done!! X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Congrats Hazelbee what an eventful time is right. How are you feeling?? What a big girl!! Have you chosen a name yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

HazelBee wrote: »
    Well that was an eventful couple of days. I was in labour for 24 hours, finally got to 10cm and they realized she was coming out face first and it's impossible to deliver this way. So after all that I had and emergency c section which after the exhaustion and shock was actually not so bad. The main thing is my little girl arrived safely into the world at 9lbs 8 and I am feeling very thankful!

Oh congratulations!! Almost 10lbs, fair play to you. Hope the recovery from the emergency c section is ok xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Fantastic news Hazelbee. Glad baby is here safe and sound. Hope you have a good recovery from the section. And another girl!

What hospital are you in Hazelbee?
    Not planning on stopping by or anything!!! ... Just curious where everyone is having their babies. Quite a few in Coombe/OLOLD on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congrats Hazelbee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Congratulations Hazelbee!! My baby was almost as big as yours, 9lb 7! Thankfully he also came out the sunroof as he was also OP and just wasn't descending. Make sure to keep on top of your meds, you will hopefully be back on your feet in no time.

Btw, Holles St is like an oven! A cardie or coat for going home would be more than enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Congrats Hazelbee thats great news!

I spent last night in hosp after sweep as my bp went sky high for 2hrs and Murphys law min i was admitted it was perfect!! First time in my life it happened but i had myself totally wound up. No sleep whatsoever and had contractions all day thinking id be back in but they stopped few hrs ago so obv only stronger braxton hicks.

Will be induced fri morn if i haven't gone myself. Any advice??!!!

Only two things I an think of rest as much as possible between now and Friday. Can be hard I know when you might be feeling anxious but you need to be as rested as possible.
    The other thing is oxytocin. You can encourage your body to produce its own by doing anything positive, watch a favourite comedy, do something special with other half, anything that's guaranteed to make you feel happy. It's artificial oxytocin that is used in inductions so if you can get your own going it will encourage contractions.
    Good luck cosy x

Totally wired this evening waiting for appt tomorrow to see what the story is. Had a bath and normally go for a nap afterwards but wide awake again! Mad to be this close I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

hi guys just jumping in from the march thread, in the middle of washing and packing my hospital bag, have decided to take a labour bag and leave a "ward" bag in the car. Should I put my towels and toiletries for shower in labour or ward bag I wonder?!

Hi baby pebble,
    In Galway they also have a bath tub for during labour to help manage pain etc so you should bring a towel in your labour bag if you think you'll use the bath. Anyone I know who delivered in galway didn't take a shower until they got back to the ward and to be honest I can't remember if there was a shower anyways in the delivery ward.
    An example of things I have packed for labour are: a light large nightie, couple of pairs of underwear & always in case my waters are leaking as im labouring, facecloth (could be nice to have a cold cloth on your face), toothbrush/toothpaste, leggings (if walking up and down the so called "green mile"!, dressing gown, slippers, oil for hubby to massage me with, outfit for baby & nappy, maternity pads, hair tie, ipod & mini speakers, snacks.

...Congrats Hazelbee, great news :-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

exciting times ahead mirrorwall and cosycottager! !

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Sure is bobski!! Spent 2 hours on the ball, dont think the ole back can take much more!! How are you doing??

last few days are the worst but they won't b long passing . I'm good ,wee woman is good too . She has her bcg Friday but she has the snuffles so I must check if she can still get it.

Oh we got our bcg for 29th of the month today. I am so not looking forward to it. :(

me either . I remember getting it myself at school and it bloody hurts!

Trace protein today so more bloods today, BP series on Friday but induction booked for Monday yikes! Absolutely no signs of going myself in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Congratulations Hazelbee!

It's D Day for my wife and nothing to indicate it's going to happen soon...she's very fed up, after 6.5 months of very bad sickness and the ongoing trauma of daily heparin injections, I had hoped she might catch a break with an ontime, speedy delivery! (Probably easier to win the lotto I suppose...)
    Anyway, she is in Holles Street today for scheduled scan - any tips for how I can get maximum information out of them without being a pain ? (I'm under strict MIL orders...)
    She also has lots of swelling in hands etc and pain in hands
    To date, there has been no discussion of C Sections, inducing or otherwise.
    Her GP said last week that she was not to come away from HS today with another appointment last week as she should be given a plan especially considering Heparin for previous PE.

sallymomo wrote: »
    Congratulations Hazelbee!

It's D Day for my wife and nothing to indicate it's going to happen soon...she's very fed up, after 6.5 months of very bad sickness and the ongoing trauma of daily heparin injections, I had hoped she might catch a break with an ontime, speedy delivery! (Probably easier to win the lotto I suppose...)
    Anyway, she is in Holles Street today for scheduled scan - any tips for how I can get maximum information out of them without being a pain ? (I'm under strict MIL orders...)
    She also has lots of swelling in hands etc and pain in hands
    To date, there has been no discussion of C Sections, inducing or otherwise.
    Her GP said last week that she was not to come away from HS today with another appointment last week as she should be given a plan especially considering Heparin for previous PE.

What is the heparin for? Tbh they are very against 'early' induction/c sections unless medically necessary until you are well overdue (40+10 in the coombe for example).

I'm only scheduled for induction because of the high blood pressure which is creeping up in spite of medication. Even with the blood pressure they wouldn't scheule it until today (39+1) and the induction is for 40 weeks. Like today they considered upping my medication whereas I was like can we not just being forward the induction? As it happens they did neither, I'm just in for more checks on Friday.

Also I have carpel tunnel in both hands, swollen feet, hip pain etc but none of that comes into consideration in terms of induction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Thanks everybody for all the well wishes. It's been an emotional few days. I'm healing up well and hopefully will get home tomorrow. Breast feeding went great today and she's having a great sleep here beside me. Even managed to doze a bit myself.

Hope you are all doing well!

• Advertisement

It's an emotional time that for sure Hazelbee. Create your own little bubble around your little family for the next few weeks. Press pause on everything else and spend your time healing and getting to know your baby. Delighted the breast feeding is going well. Welcome to the Mammy club x

What is the heparin for? Tbh they are very against 'early' induction/c sections unless medically necessary until you are well overdue (40+10 in the coombe for example).

I'm only scheduled for induction because of the high blood pressure which is creeping up in spite of medication. Even with the blood pressure they wouldn't scheule it until today (39+1) and the induction is for 40 weeks. Like today they considered upping my medication whereas I was like can we not just being forward the induction? As it happens they did neither, I'm just in for more checks on Friday.

Also I have carpel tunnel in both hands, swollen feet, hip pain etc but none of that comes into consideration in terms of induction

Thanks Mirrorwall
    The heparin is for a previous blood clot on the lung which has no known cause...
    Anyway, apparently the head is fully engaged and its just a waiting game now!

sallymomo wrote: »
    Thanks Mirrorwall
    The heparin is for a previous blood clot on the lung which has no known cause...
    Anyway, apparently the head is fully engaged and its just a waiting game now!

Yikes that is a worrying one. Well hopefully it won't be too long for you guys! I guess i'm lucky there's a deadline for me coz this baby is nowhere near ready to go apparently.

On a different note-this weekend is going to take for EVER if today is anything to go by! No sign of the baby moving himself so I'm essentially stuck waiting for the induction on Monday. Why oh why couldn't they have scheduled it for tomorrow or something?

Yikes that is a worrying one. Well hopefully it won't be too long for you guys! I guess i'm lucky there's a deadline for me coz this baby is nowhere near ready to go apparently.

On a different note-this weekend is going to take for EVER if today is anything to go by! No sign of the baby moving himself so I'm essentially stuck waiting for the induction on Monday. Why oh why couldn't they have scheduled it for tomorrow or something?

Mirrorwall,
    Try and enjoy your weekend knowing that you will be in there on Monday. Do something you enjoy to get the happy chappies moving be it a nice walk on the beach or a semi fancy lunch...the weather is supposed to be ok over the weekend from what I can gather..

fall wrote: »
    It's an emotional time that for sure Hazelbee. Create your own little bubble around your little family for the next few weeks. Press pause on everything else and spend your time healing and getting to know your baby. Delighted the breast feeding is going well. Welcome to the Mammy club x

That fall is the best advice ever.

I found visitors took over my life in the beginning. My bestie had the best idea ever. Anyone that didn't visit in the hospital didn't see her for the week she came home when her partner was off work. They spent that time sleeping, bonding and not having to get dressed. you really need to take a time out for yourself

Lashes28 wrote: »
    That fall is the best advice ever.

I found visitors took over my life in the beginning. My bestie had the best idea ever. Anyone that didn't visit in the hospital didn't see her for the week she came home when her partner was off work. They spent that time sleeping, bonding and not having to get dressed. you really need to take a time out for yourself

That's what the midwife suggested at the all day class in the coombe. She pointed out its way easier to control visiting while in the hospital.

I'm considering it, given my MIL has started ringing me almost daily for updates?! My family know I frigging hate talking on the phone so don't even ring that often

that's great advice . nobody could visit me as we were in special care which was grand . We haven't had loads of visitors probably cos in live In the middle of nowhere .I'm starting to get out and about now so hopefully people won't be as inclined to call . I love having the freedom at home to feed in comfort,and I was just saying the other day I need a pj day with herself!

Just off the phone and I reckon my mum was hoping Id go this week as they are up in Dublin for the weekend anyways :) unfortunately baby didn't get the memo!

Mirrorwall, hope the wknd flies for you. The waiting isn't easy... Enjoy the opportunity to treat you & your partner to some us time., that's what I'm going to do anyway. In HS yst, doc reckons he'll see me in another 2 wks which means he expects us to go a full week past DD... Really hope that ain't the reality.
    Hopefully you'll get good news early next week.

• Advertisement

Mirrorwall, hope the wknd flies for you. The waiting isn't easy... Enjoy the opportunity to treat you & your partner to some us time., that's what I'm going to do anyway. In HS yst, doc reckons he'll see me in another 2 wks which means he expects us to go a full week past DD... Really hope that ain't the reality.
    Hopefully you'll get good news early next week.

Gosh that's tough. I think with the next one Im going to add 10 days to my due date and tell everyone that's the date and try and convince myself too

Awh thanks. Started well into the weekend with perinatal this morning. BPs all up, +1 protein, trace blood/glucose. Baby trace is fine tho. Couldn't get blood from me so I've been stuck 5 times for one set of bloods (eventually had to go to phlebotomy and even he said this will bruise). Doc was here and I was next when she got paged away. Argh. Is it Monday yet?

Advertisement