Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

that's great mirrorwall nothing like your own surroundings!
    Yeh she had a growth spurt about ten days in I was literally sitting with her for the day,but my milk changed then and she was more content and has been since . its handy not making bottles and sterilising them . didn't think of take to it like I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

It's so handy. Glad it's going well for you. Can't believe my little girl will be two weeks on Wednesday. Big week for you Mirrorwall. Dying to hear from Hazelbee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Its so nice to be hearing from the other side too girls-really making me impatient! I hope alls going well for hazelbee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

All good here. Junior taking her bottles great and sleeping so much at night. Last night last feed was 8.30 and she slept until 5.
    I'm using cotton wool and pink lotion for poos until she is a bit older. I have really bad dermititis and my son reacted bad to wipes so not going to chance it.

Woohoo mirror there's light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Time flies doesn't it fall? Yet on the other hand I can't remember not living around 4 hour feeds.

Great to hear your settling in well with breastfeeding bobskii

And thumpette you and your little angel still play on my mind. Hope you are doing well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Its so nice to be hearing from the other side too girls-really making me impatient! I hope alls going well for hazelbee!

Glad you're home Mirrorwall, nothing beats the home comforts.
    Agreed, lovely to hear from the other jan mums about how they're getting on in the 1st few wks... The nerves & excitement are building now but have another 2 wks to go, reckon I'll go over so will prob be a February baby.

Just re packed the hospital bag, again. Hazelbee has spurred me into action. Dying to know how she's doing.

• Advertisement

You have just reminded me of a women coming into the assessment unit with a set of Louis Vuitton luggage. I was looking at her thinking what could you possibly have packed to need all those bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

hi guys just jumping in from the march thread, in the middle of washing and packing my hospital bag, have decided to take a labour bag and leave a "ward" bag in the car. Should I put my towels and toiletries for shower in labour or ward bag I wonder?!

I was told not to shower for a few hours after I had the baby so you'd be safe enough with it in your ward bag I'd imagine . that's where I had mine.

thanks bobskii, so far in my labour bag have a large tsgirt, change of nightie, breast/maternity pads, big undies :P slippers, babys 1st outfit and nappy, am I missing anything?! i will be adding camera, magazine an snacks etc later on

I think that's all I had in mine,a dress in . gown maybe . wen I had the baby I changes into a clean nightie and they gave me disposable pants,you really only get cleaned up properly after your put on the ward and regain your energy . I has my dress in gown in my bag but didn't use it till later on.

• Advertisement

Actually if I'm induced then I'm actually gonna need a little more than my labour bag I assume? From what I've heard it takes time to get started etc so I probably should bring my ward bag initially?

I'd imagine so mirrorwall cos you won't be in the labour was straight away.

thanks for the help :)

Cool. I can always send it out to the car later on I suppose. Can't wait for Wednesday now, I really want to know what the plan is

Drop in anytime baby pebble :) Not that I was any use-haven't gone through it yet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

hi guys just jumping in from the march thread, in the middle of washing and packing my hospital bag, have decided to take a labour bag and leave a "ward" bag in the car. Should I put my towels and toiletries for shower in labour or ward bag I wonder?!

Depends on hospital and birth, but if you have a normal birth and no epidural you will want a shower! And if you're in a hospital where you have an ensuite bathroom in the the delivery room you can take advantage

Depends on hospital and birth, but if you have a normal birth and no epidural you will want a shower! And if you're in a hospital where you have an ensuite bathroom in the the delivery room you can take advantage

Actually good point. The coombe has the tub too so you might want a towel etc

I had my shower in the delivery suite before I went back to the ward. I was also in the birthing pool in the Coombe so I definitely needed my towel. Just had a mini bottle of shower gel as I wasn't washing my hair at three in the morning. I went home twelve hours after giving birth so next shower was at home.

I never thought of that!!

Its in Galway I will be so not sure of the protocol, everyone seems a bit different on weather they showered in delivery suite or the ward

• Advertisement

well there was no facility to shower in my delivery suite . do they give you a tour of the delivery suite before the birth? or you could ask someone who's had a baby there.
    You will want to shower as soon as you can so if you have the facility that would be great!

Yeah I had plaited my hair before I went in to have her. She was probably 20 minutes old and I had a shower in the room (mlu) home 6 hours later so could wash the hair at home. I had. Two bags. One for me and one for baby. Didn't get a chance to change in to my fabulous granny esque nightdress so gave birth in my vest top I walked in with!!

I was in a huge suite in the Coombe. It's one of the new ones, the pool was fab. There were mats and bean bags on the floor with ropes from the ceiling for using to labour. I had my baby on the ground on the mats. Only got on the bed for tea and toast.

they both sound like luxury compared to my delivery room.

It was luxury I still can't believe the care I got publicly. It was A class. If you hear of anyone having their baby in olol definitely recommend the MLU.

most people start off in the mlu In olol,I couldn't avail of it cos of my previous section but I'd love to have had the opportunity . It sounds more relaxed!

I was public too because I did the domino scheme. There was a domino midwife assigned to me and they stuck to all my birth preferences. I was in a semi private ward with three others for the few hours I had to wait before I went home. The first time around I was semi private in Holles street and I definitely feel I got more personalised care this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Well that was an eventful couple of days. I was in labour for 24 hours, finally got to 10cm and they realized she was coming out face first and it's impossible to deliver this way. So after all that I had and emergency c section which after the exhaustion and shock was actually not so bad. The main thing is my little girl arrived safely into the world at 9lbs 8 and I am feeling very thankful!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

fall wrote: »
    You have just reminded me of a women coming into the assessment unit with a set of Louis Vuitton luggage. I was looking at her thinking what could you possibly have packed to need all those bags!

Nice to have such fine cases I guess! I'm travelling super light, overnight bag for labour ward, carry on size suitcase for post delivery ward. More than half of it is taken up with nappies & babygros... Can't wait to put them to use!

Q ladies... Do I need a cardie for bub in the hospital or are babygros & blanket enough? HS usually mega hot.

• Advertisement

wow well done Hazelbee congratulations!!she is a big baby!!

Advertisement