Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Due today and no sign of anything! Woke at 3.30am with bad pelvic pain and contractions plus back cramp. Got up at 5 as was so wide awake! All had calmed down at that stage. Could have slept all eve but kept myself awake so id sleep tonight but am now wide awake! Chinese take away had, Raspberry tea drank and bouncing done. Hoping ill go soon. Having a sweep Mon which id prefer not to need!

Oh frustrating! I'm going to be induced in the next 10 days if I don't go myself and so far no sign of anything. Like yourself I'm ball bouncing, dates etc etc!

As an aside, anyone else on labetalol before? I've asthma and I'm really finding it tough to breathe on it. Rang assessment earlier and I'm allowed to use my ventolin but normally I wouldn't need it like this unless I was really really bad. Feels like someone's sitting on my chest

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I have similar breathing issues with labetalol had on my first pregnancy and again on this one. I have bp issues on both of my pregnancies, much worse second time around though. When are you due mirror wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I'm 3 or 4 days pAst my due date and despite losing my plug after a sweep on Tuesday and walking miles, bouncing on the ball etc there's been no progress.

Getting loads of 'any news' texts everyday now!

Best of luck to others waiting too!

traineeacc wrote: »
    I have similar breathing issues with labetalol had on my first pregnancy and again on this one. I have bp issues on both of my pregnancies, much worse second time around though. When are you due mirror wall?

Doc said won't let me past 40 which is in in 9 days, this is dreadfully uncomfortable tho!

Oh Hazlebee people are frustrating. Got a message on fb earlier which was like 'where is this baby hiding?'-I haven't replied yet. I'm like, uh clearly it's still in me?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Waiting not-so-patiently too... Not due til end of the month but just so eager to meet the wee bundle at this stage. Roll on d-day!

• Advertisement

Waiting not-so-patiently too... Not due til end of the month but just so eager to meet the wee bundle at this stage. Roll on d-day!

The last bit is frustratingly slow isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Good luck to everyone waiting. You feel like they will never arrive. Just one Recommendation, sleep at anytime night or day when you are waiting. If you have a long labour you will be glad to be rested. On my first I wrecked myself walking and doing anything to make it happen quicker. I also had the best nights sleep the night before my labour started this time. I slept so deeply as if my body knew what was coming up. Will be watching for everyone's news.

It sure is Mirrorwall.... Curiosity is killing me, just dying to get reassurance that all well with bub by meeting the wee bean in person and loving him/her from the outside. The kicks are now reduced to squirms. If I hold my hand at the upper end of bump sometimes, I can make out feet moving by the odd time which is just surreal.

Thanks for the advice fall. My Sister has me well warned to rest up too, I will take it easy as am usually such a busybody but have to put bub 1st now & make sure his /her mam has the energy to for a safe delivery, whenever that maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Really good tip Fall I did the same I forced myself to sleep on the Saturday night and managed to get a couple of hours in before the hard work started at 3 in the morning. on my son I was up all night and then with the adrenaline afterwards you don't get a proper sleep and a newborn and visitors it's exhausting!
    Also for me trying to Labour as much as possible at home was great. In your own environment it's so much more relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

ill second that . had a great nights sleep before labour started . actually the day before was the one day I did nothing . say watching movies all day and was in bed most of the evening.

• Advertisement

PS Juniors 2weeks old today. Longest two weeks of my life!!

Congrats lashes! The labetalol and heartburn meds are making me sleep better so hopefully that'll stand to me.

Anyone know about taking newborns out? I'm about 5 mins from the local shop walking and I really don't want to be tied to the house indefinitely, particularly if I end up with a c section or something but it's pretty darn cold at the moment! I have plenty of winter gear for him when he comes but is there anything I should be watching out for or should I not do it at all?

I had little miss down town last week and had her plastic rain cover over the body of the pram to keep the wind off her. I would love to be out more but very sceptical with the weather. We are heading to the in laws for dinner today it's a ten minute walk so hoping to do that. I know I'm probably being over cautious tho. We have been out in car to shops.

Awe mirrorwall heart burn is such a distant memory for me. It's great afterwards how comfortable sleep gets automatically!!

I asked the phn bout takin little miss out for walks she said it's fine . Just put a tight fitting hat on and her suit jacket thing couple of blankets and off you go . She said it does them good . If wouldn't bring her in the snow/ice but I have had her out.

Waters broke! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Oh great hazelbee best of ĺuck!

Woohoo Hazelbee any contractions yet???

Yep I had a couple of the way in and having them every so often since being admitted. Nothing too strong so far but think it's good that I've started myself, maybe I'll avoid the 24 induction.

best of luck!exciting!!

Is it wrong that I would love to be doing it all again?

• Advertisement

Easy knowing you had no stitches!!

Ah Hazelbee good luck. You are one step closer to holding your baby. Can't wait to hear your news x

Thanks everyone. They are getting a bit more frequent now though still a bit all over the place. I'll update later! :)

Good luck Hazelbee! We're all thinking of you. X

Hope alls going well Hazlebee!

In perinatal for BP series again. I swear this bed is becoming mine, they can't get four reads below 140/90 without putting me in bed. Ridiculous!

Ah Mirrorwall that is a pain. Hope you have something good to read to pass the time.
    Have people used cotton wool or wipes on their babies? I have been using cotton wool but would find the wipes handier.
    How is the breast feeding going Bobskii?

they will probably put u on complete bed rest mirrorwall .

its going good fall how is it for you?think I'll Introduce one bottle in the evening so my oh can feed her . that was my intention from the start.

oh and I'm using wipes since I came home from hospital .I use the water wipes and pampers sensitive.

Home and keep feet up. 39 week appt on Wednesday with more Bp series. Perinatal reckon I'll be induced or at least it'll be scheduled then. Eek! Can't believe nearly there now-madness.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to it tho :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Bobskii. Going great too. Just find it so handy and I have a good supply. I plan on doing the same with one bottle in the evening. Bit of a growth spurt here I think. She is very hungry since last night. Have you had noticeable growth spurts? How are all the other Mams getting on?

Advertisement