Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Note to self-infacol :)

Second gel done here, some progress overnight but no contractions and not enough to break my waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lol I bought infacol on the way home from hospital it was the one thing I remember from my first all them years back!!
    how did u find the gel mirrorwall?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Holy God! Life will never be the same again , what did I do with my time before the tiny dictators came along ? Why didn't I sleep more ? How can something so small make so much poo???

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Morning Mirrorwall. hope you got some sleep last night. Millie, How do you do it with two? Fair play to you.

lol millie I was thinking of u the other day,hat goes off to you and an body else who can manage twins!

• Advertisement

I am hoping it gets a easier as the weeks go on, m y partner has taken five weeks off work and has two weeks left, God knows what I will do when I'm on my own. Not being able to drive for 6 weeks is a balls too. Anyway they don't stay small for long so am just trying to enjoy them and worry about minding them later lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I never thought about teething!! Have her baskets propped and used gaviscon thinking it was reflux.

Millie fair play to you. I'm struggling with one never mind two. And there's triplets in my son's class. Seriously how??

How did your little one sleep after the bottle bobski? How much did you feed her?

Woohoo Mirrorwall things will get moving!!

Millie you gave me a right lol there :)

First gel was sore going in, fine after.
    Second was grand going in (forced nyself to relax more) but I feel bruised from the exams now!

I tell myself the same Millie and just try to enjoy it. Can be tough when you aren't getting much sleep. Great that your husband is off for another two weeks. They change so fast in the first six weeks hopefully by the time he goes back things might have settled down.
    Think the three week growth spurt has kicked off. My poor nipples are hanging off she is feeding so much.hopefully after this one there isn't usually another until the six week mark ( I hope)

And here goes round three. No progress, bit disheartening despite the midwife saying its normal. Feeling like I've been hit with a sledgehammer down there and the checks are not comfortable

• Advertisement

I gave her 5 oz but in fairness she would have taken more,I'll try another oz tonight . had her weighed today she has a pound and six ounces on in two weeks so happy days!she slept good last nite . down at 12.30 woke at 4 but didn't deed and went back down till 7 so I cant complain really.

hope your making some progress today mirrorwall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It took three gels for me to make any progress Mirrorwall, hope you have had some movement (or more!) overnight x

Have been checking for updates alright.
    Little miss more settled yesterday I haven't been breaking her feeds as much it's doing her the world of good.
    Got professional photos done of the two of them,they arrived yesterday and my heart nearly burst with pride. Now to choose which ones are going up on walls!!

Baby mirror wall arrived with a bang this morning!

Asked for a check/pain relief at 5, still kinda thinking it was just gel pains. Baby born at 710! Ended up with no pain relief except gas and air (which is rubbish!). Couldn't give me pethodine on the ward because the trace wasn't good enough and pains were so close togetjer (1-2mins), I was 1cm. An hour later I was screaming in the labour ward with a monitor on baby's head and a blood test needed coz he wasn't coping well. However shortly after when the went to get the epi in after my ventolin inhaler slowed contractions to a wide enough gap, they did a quick check and realised I was at 10. Unreal experience, terrifyingly fast and painful but amazing result at the end of it!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!!

Congrats mirror. Hope your doing well. What weight was your little man??

6'9 in the end! Just shows how far out the growth scans can be, he was supposed to be 7 something three weeks ago!

They don't know when my waters went and I was positive for group b strep so we've got to stay for 48hrs at least for monitoring.

I love him to bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Congrats Mirrorwall xxx

Delighted for you Mirrorwall x

congrats mirrorwall! sounds similar to my labour!and 1oz heavier!glad to hear all went on for you!he shares a birthday with my dad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations mirror wall! Sounds like it was a long journey but all happened so fast in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Baby mirror wall arrived with a bang this morning!

Asked for a check/pain relief at 5, still kinda thinking it was just gel pains. Baby born at 710! Ended up with no pain relief except gas and air (which is rubbish!). Couldn't give me pethodine on the ward because the trace wasn't good enough and pains were so close togetjer (1-2mins), I was 1cm. An hour later I was screaming in the labour ward with a monitor on baby's head and a blood test needed coz he wasn't coping well. However shortly after when the went to get the epi in after my ventolin inhaler slowed contractions to a wide enough gap, they did a quick check and realised I was at 10. Unreal experience, terrifyingly fast and painful but amazing result at the end of it!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!!

Congrats Mirrorwall :) had your partner time to make it to the hospital?!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Congrats Mirrorwall, delighted for you!

Thanks everyone. Yup the OH made it, got there about 620 or so. Luckily it wasn't rush hour traffic!

Oh girls this is so amazing. I know it's early days and im shattered this evening from lack of sleep but love him to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Thanks everyone. Yup the OH made it, got there about 620 or so. Luckily it wasn't rush hour traffic!

Oh girls this is so amazing. I know it's early days and im shattered this evening from lack of sleep but love him to bits

Congrats mirror wall. I know how u feel. Our daughter was born jan 1st & never forget the tiredness too. She's 4weeks old today I can't believe it, time is just flung. Agree with you about it being amazing, just love our daughter to bits too, it's the best feeling ever, you couldn't put a price on it! Would def do it all over again in the morning

Well congrats to everyone on their beautiful babies , I can't keep up with all the deliveries and best of luck to those still waiting.
    Every day it's getting a bit easier but my god it's hard work eh. I've managed to shower evey day which I'm very proud of ! This breastfeeding business is definitely making it a lot harder, I know it's better for them so am persevering but it means I'm feeding one or the other pretty much constantly. Am trying to plan weaning already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Congrats Mirrorwall!

Baby sallymomo arrived this morning at 1.48am!!
    I have to say, after all these years, I finally get it. I get what the love is for children -he is perfect (and we were convinced we were having a girl)
    My wife's waters broke on Tuesday night at home at 10 and we were advised by HS to come in and get checked. Got in there at 11.30pm. Got checked and wife had some contractions and in the end was kept in which she hoped wouldnt happen...
    So I got home about 3 and back up at 7 to go in. All day up and down in unit 3, strong and weak contractions and then they kind of subsided for a while but came back with a bang before 8pm. Due to shift change etc there wasn't really anyone around and I went to get someone at 9.30pm
    Wife checked, labour confirmed. Off down to labour ward, checked again, 4cm! Got there at 9.50, baby arrived at 1.48am.
    He was born 9lbs six and very long. Every inch of him is perfection! I'm smitten.

By the way, this is not cheese, its the truth;
    My wife, my hero.Very hard 10 months and got her just rewards in the end even after all her work during labour.

Thumpette, I was thinking of you the whole time I was in there.
    You will have a younger brother or sister to Max someday and no doubt they will be as perfect as our little one.

Take care all

sallymomo wrote: »
    Congrats Mirrorwall!

Baby sallymomo arrived this morning at 1.48am!!
    I have to say, after all these years, I finally get it. I get what the love is for children -he is perfect (and we were convinced we were having a girl)
    My wife's waters broke on Tuesday night at home at 10 and we were advised by HS to come in and get checked. Got in there at 11.30pm. Got checked and wife had some contractions and in the end was kept in which she hoped wouldnt happen...
    So I got home about 3 and back up at 7 to go in. All day up and down in unit 3, strong and weak contractions and then they kind of subsided for a while but came back with a bang before 8pm. Due to shift change etc there wasn't really anyone around and I went to get someone at 9.30pm
    Wife checked, labour confirmed. Off down to labour ward, checked again, 4cm! Got there at 9.50, baby arrived at 1.48am.
    He was born 9lbs six and very long. Every inch of him is perfection! I'm smitten.

By the way, this is not cheese, its the truth;
    My wife, my hero.Very hard 10 months and got her just rewards in the end even after all her work during labour.

Thumpette, I was thinking of you the whole time I was in there.
    You will have a younger brother or sister to Max someday and no doubt they will be as perfect as our little one.

Take care all

Awh congratulations to you both!! Wonderful news and glad all are doing well. You sound so proud!

Thumpette, sallymo has put it better than I ever could, delighted to see ye will be trying again and all hopes and prayers are with you x

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Congrats Sallymo, great news! Glad all went well.

• Advertisement

Such a lovely post Sallymomo. Delighted for you and your wife.

Advertisement