Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Good on you Millie, hope second baby gets home soon. X
    Just finished work.... Yayyyyy! Hope bub makes an appearance soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Fair play for trying, particularly with two! I won't be able to breast feed which is a bit disappointing but I'm ok with it now I've had some time to think about it. All of you seem to be doing great with the new arrivals!

Feeling ok today. Bit frustrated coz my home monitor is still reading between 150-135/85-95 which is still high. I aasumed the medication would bring me down more towards normal? Ah well I'm in the coombe tomorrow so I'll ask.

Having lots of cramps/twinges today but nothing that seems contraction like anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I think I'm going to give breast feeding a try. Keeping an open mind though and see how it goes.

I've lost more plug today but no contractions apart from the odd twinge. I was reading back through the thread though and a few people seemed to go not long after losing it, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Using Infacol and it makes no difference. Not even getting one hour between twelve and six and then she is great all day. Knackered. She is a very good feeder and is nearly back to her birth weight so I am trying to look on the positives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

are you breastfeeding fall? I think I'll introduce a formula feed next week . I know they recommend not to till she's 4 weeks but she'll b 4 weeks on the Saturday.

• Advertisement

Yeah Bobskii. Breastfeeding. What's your baby like at night? Its very frustrating because my little one is great all day but can't settle at night at all. During the day she feeds and then goes into her pram for three to three and a half hours. From midnight she can't seem to stay asleep at all. Beyond tired at this stage

fall wrote: »
    Yeah Bobskii. Breastfeeding. What's your baby like at night? Its very frustrating because my little one is great all day but can't settle at night at all. During the day she feeds and then goes into her pram for three to three and a half hours. From midnight she can't seem to stay asleep at all. Beyond tired at this stage

That's tough going at night fall. Is she sleeping in a different crib at night to during the day? This might be a silly suggestion coming from a first timer here but I Wonder could it be bedding related that causing her to be unsettled?

Veggie newbie tried that too. She just seems to have a build up of wind. Just hoping as she gets a little older it settles.

Fingers crossed things will settle down soon for you all.

she's fine at night and during the day but from 5.30/6 till her last feed she's completely unsettled.
    I was asking my friend about it and she said they all so it at some stage in the day . She called it the witching hours!that's of no consolation when u r not getting sleep !

• Advertisement

I call her Wacky baby from twelve o clock. I also notice that she is happiest lying on me on her tummy. She is too fond of me already! My little boy was the same as your girl Bobskii, 5 to ten everyday, he was totally fussy.

my little one is the same . epilepsy sleep Al day on my chest big I key her!they are clever little beings already!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

fall wrote: »
    Using Infacol and it makes no difference. Not even getting one hour between twelve and six and then she is great all day. Knackered. She is a very good feeder and is nearly back to her birth weight so I am trying to look on the positives.

Try Dentinox, found it more effective than infacol! That's very frustrating alright, we had a very unsettled night last night too, hubby got him down eventually by bouncing him on the gym ball!

You should literally wind your girl for 10-15 mins after each feed, will help the accumulation of wind. You could also try co sleeping, we are getting a lot more sleep this way, and its very safe when you follow a few simple guidelines. Best of luck, and if its any consolation, it won't last forever!

Thanks Mrs. Whippy. We are doing some co sleeping. Just had to in the end. I have another child so I have to still function for him. My husband is the same bouncing on the ball, gas all the use the ball gets. I will try the dentinox. Went to register the birth today and then went for lunch. She was good as gold so just have to weather the storm at night. Husband back to work on Monday. Should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I hope things work out soon fall.

We had another great night bed bottle at 9.30pm Up at 7.45am ! Back down at 8.45 and slept until 11.45.

How's everybodies bodies doing? Bleeding has stopped completely fir me. Can't believe so quickly. And boobies are doing great too!!
    I can't believe how normal i feel so soon afterwards.

That sounds great girls! The ball is gas, husband said all his office mates said that they were a big waste of time for their wives. I frigging love mine, only way I'm comfortable.

Made it through BP series this morning though first read was up-I was like, "You better come down...!!". Luckily it did and I'm home again, back on Monday for more BP series and bloods.

On a mission to stock the freezer today and yesterday. So far there's chicken tikka and stews all packed and freezing. Today i'm onto the basis for pasta soup (not freezing the pasta) and lasagne. So far so good. Perfect timing with the little trays in aldi too!

God lashes that is something else. I would be happy with two hours in a row at night :-) I am back in my own jeans and four pounds lighter than before I got pregnant! The breastfeeding is making the weight fly off me. Bleeding still but nothing too bad. The tummy contractions when you breastfeed are crazy strong.
    Mirrorwall fair play to you, you are well organised. Hope it all happens for you soon.

what way do you feel about feeding In public fall?

I fed her before we left and she didn't budge unti we got home . Four hours, if only she did that at night. I kept thinking she was going to wake so I picked a quiet corner for lunch and what I was wearing hid everything if I needed to do it.are you worried about doing it? I am grand around strangers. It's around my dad or father in law that I feel a little awkward.

Yeh a bit,it's more wary of anyone sayin it to me cos I know I'd fly off the handle if someone mentions it negatively.
    I have fed in front of my dad already,covered by a cushion and a muslin cloth . he's fairly laid back as am I,my father in law ill b the same as you,he's a lot older so I don't think I'll feed in front of him!

• Advertisement

Oh wow Fall that's amazing to have a stone and half off but still 2 stone to go.

Glad to hear all went well mirror xx

me too lashes stone and a bit still to lose!

It's so awkward tho no belly for maternity and then my ass is too big for regular clothes !! Soon please God!

lol same as that . my hips seem to be huge since I had her . Once I can get back to exercising I should b grand . Here's hoping anyway!

Up 11lns since the start of pregnancy so I'm happy enough with that, particularly since the baby is supposedly 7lbs at last count!

Well I had put 4 stone on during my pregnancy!!my ass rivals Kim Kardashians lol So if I get another 2 off I'd be delighted. The weather is just so rough. So walks are out the window until little miss gets a little older. And then water aerobics to ease back and then the gym. Well that's the plan anyway.

I carried way bigger on my son. Don't know what happened this time but I am not complaining! Any one know anywhere you can get gripe water down here?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

bobskii wrote: »
    what way do you feel about feeding In public fall?

I fed my daughter and am feeding my boy now - feeding in public can be a bit daunting at first, but now there is nowhere I wouldn't try it! It gets easier when they are a tiny bit older and can latch themselves on. A well positioned scarf or muslin means nothing can be seen - I wouldn't bother with a cover or anything, they make you stand out even more and the babies hate them!

I did find it worse to feed in front of brother and dad at first but they get used to it quickly enough, and it becomes so normalised then. M&S is very breastfeeding friendly if you want somewhere easy to try first, and Dundrum also has a nice feeding room :) Best of luck!

thanks for that Mrs . whippy. I know I'll eventually have to do it in public and I think it's a good thing to normalise it for the next generation and maybe there won't be such nonsense over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Due today and no sign of anything! Woke at 3.30am with bad pelvic pain and contractions plus back cramp. Got up at 5 as was so wide awake! All had calmed down at that stage. Could have slept all eve but kept myself awake so id sleep tonight but am now wide awake! Chinese take away had, Raspberry tea drank and bouncing done. Hoping ill go soon. Having a sweep Mon which id prefer not to need!

Advertisement