Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Do you need to play dark souls 1 or could you play the 2nd one if you were only going to have time for one which would you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Do you need to play dark souls 1 or could you play the 2nd one if you were only going to have time for one which would you play?

Play the first one first. It's the better of the two. If you then get time, play Demon Souls.. then play Dark Souls 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The first definitely, I thought it was a much better game, a lot of people prefer the 2nd and that's excellent too. Personally I just prefer the first game, it sucked me in more. I didn't play DS2 as much but that's more down to moving abroad than anything else. I will replay both of them as soon as sort myself out with a ps3 again.
    They're not a direct continuation story wise but the lore does cross over at points and they do have recurring themes. It's hard to explain without going into spoilers and lot of it is fan theory, but that's half the fun of the games is figuring out the lore. It's not spoonfed to you at all you piece it together throughout the game.

If you are going to start the first (and you should, it's a masterpiece) then try play it blind, I had a few titbits of info from here and youtube but tried to avoid faqs until I was really stuck on a boss.
    Figuring out how it all works is brilliant and failing multiple times before it finally clicks with you is all part of the Souls experience. It's a game that rewards patience and tackling enemies that have kicked your ass multiple times until you find what works best. It's not an instant gratification game with close respawns and quicksaves, you work for your rewards in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Demons is easily the toughest of the 3, and the most disjointed! DS1 is probably the best, though I came late to that party so I played the second more, both are excellent games. Currently 2 is the best because of how active it is online, in that sense

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Some possible details about online. A small bit spoilerish, but interesting sounding!

Just on phone so will just post full link

http://s910.photobucket.com/user/Lifejumper/media-full/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

2smiggy wrote: »
    Some possible details about online. A small bit spoilerish, but interesting sounding!

Just on phone so will just post full link

http://s910.photobucket.com/user/Lifejumper/media-full/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg.html

Sounds very interesting and very unlike the other games, but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Had a quick go yesterday and EGX.

Game definitely plays just a little bit faster. Your movement and dodge feel that way to compensate the lack of a shield.

I was in a bit of a rush (showfloor was closing soon) so like typical Dark Souls fashion, I had a horribly stupid death. Killed a square full of enemies and just had one left who was shooting at me. Hit me once so I had my chance to get a lot of health back if I hit him quick. Went in for the kill and as I hit him he shot me again. :(

Hopefully I'll get another go on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Any official release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Any official release date?

February 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tok9 wrote: »
    Had a quick go yesterday and EGX.

Game definitely plays just a little bit faster. Your movement and dodge feel that way to compensate the lack of a shield.

I was in a bit of a rush (showfloor was closing soon) so like typical Dark Souls fashion, I had a horribly stupid death. Killed a square full of enemies and just had one left who was shooting at me. Hit me once so I had my chance to get a lot of health back if I hit him quick. Went in for the kill and as I hit him he shot me again. :(

Hopefully I'll get another go on Sunday.

Does it look as nice as the trailers suggest?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Does it look as nice as the trailers suggest?

Yes. I thought it was very pretty. The one small thing I noticed was puddles looked a little odd. If you moved the camera around they would change how they looked a bit unnaturally but I imagine they'll look into that.

Got to play it a second time yesterday. The speed of your character does make a nice change of pace to the souls game.

The other thing you notice is the small groups of enemies who wander around the area which makes it a little more tactical then Souls. I was taking my time as I didn't want another cheap death and I was just waiting for the right moment to strike a group down.

Another thing I that may be new - On the way to the boss you could turn left and there was a guy there who looks like you. For me I went and hit him but he just ignored me and joined up with me. There wasn't any trigger to tell him to join me.. he just did when I got close. Unfortunately he didn't last that long :p

I managed to get to the boss and get him down to half his health before he got me. I found the camera to be a bit dodgy in this part as there were times when you'd be stuck in a corner and the camera would up close to you and behind a fence so you couldn't see if the boss was about to hit you etc so you'd basically gamble and dodge your way out of the corner.

Anyway I've come away wanting more. I don't think that's a real surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And I'm in, code redeemed and alpha on download list ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    And I'm in, code redeemed and alpha on download list ready to go.

I think I am in now too but cannot find a code to put in. Where is it? In the e-mail or the PSN Beta site?

Otacon wrote: »
    I think I am in now too but cannot find a code to put in. Where is it? In the e-mail or the PSN Beta site?

Beta site under vouchers

I'm in too. Looking forward to taking my time around that demo level now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Beta site under vouchers

Perfect. Downloading now.

This and The Crew beta in one day. Bliss.

Did ye get the code sent to your email address?

None for me yet, booooooooo

The email tells you to go to the beta site.

There is a voucher menu in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I got in too. Looking forward to it

i seemed to have missed out , ah well. its seems the alpha is much like dark souls 2, and only for a few hours on 3 evenings.

at least the beta was more open for dark souls 2 and hopefully more people will be admitted for the beta of Bloodborne

• Advertisement

Not sure what I'm doing, can't aim the gun and can't hit the ranged enemies on top of the carriages.

Loading screens last far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Lucky I really wanted a shot of this maybe I should`nt have shared the beta link:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Not sure what I'm doing, can't aim the gun and can't hit the ranged enemies on top of the carriages.

Loading screens last far too long.

I haven't played it so I might be wrong, but is the shotgun not meant to be for extremely short range combat? It's not meant to be used for ranged enemies, and probably isn't meant to be good at aiming either since it's just for short range with lots of spread.

I haven't played it so I might be wrong, but is the shotgun not meant to be for extremely short range combat? It's not meant to be used for ranged enemies, and probably isn't meant to be good at aiming either since it's just for short range with lots of spread.

Using pistol. can pretty much ignore it other than try to kite enemies.

The loading after death is about 100 time too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

My only chance to play the alpha was today and it looks like it's cancelled. Absolutely gutted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Unfortunately we have had to postpone the Bloodborne Alpha Test on Oct 5th due to some issues. Please wait for further announcements.

https://twitter.com/Bloodborne_PS4

Ya I think that's due to a person getting into an area they shouldn't have. There is a video out there but I stopped watching it as I didn't want to spoil it.

I played again on Friday and beat the boss but the demo didn't end there. I was just able to wander around the level. Was I meant to go somewhere else to actually end the demo.

Someone did just happen to join my game before I faced the boss so it made the fight a lot easier.

i only got my invite on friday evening, by the time i downloaded only got half an hours play. tried last night a few times last night as I had not heard it was cancelled.

overall found it fairly hard !! but that was only after a few attempts. When you are used to the shield like me, it makes a huge difference not having one, also the dodging mechanics will take some getting used to. The regaining of blood in combat makes you want to hang in there and fight if you get hit, so a lot different compared to souls games. only got as far as a big lad, in two different locations. He killed me fairly easily !!

Another Alpha is set for the 19th October

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Advertisement