Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

I see Smyths will be selling the standard edition for 64.99. Robbing f**kers Game are selling it for 74.99...I wanted to get the collectors edition with the steel case. Only saw it in Game so far, for 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Damn those prices. Gonna DL it on PSN and play it at midnight, **** the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Someone should really start a thread calling out Gamestop as being robbing b@$t@rds!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Someone should really start a thread calling out Gamestop as being robbing b@$t@rds!

Hmm, wasn't that done already?
    By poor people who hadn't figured how online shopping or telephones worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As soon as a game is announced, go to Amazon and pre order it as it will usually be at its cheapest, pre ordered mine for £41.99 months ago, even if you find it cheaper you can always cancel the order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Xenji wrote: »
    As soon as a game is announced, go to Amazon and pre order it as it will usually be at its cheapest, pre ordered mine for £41.99 months ago, even if you find it cheaper you can always cancel the order
    I did think about that, but I wanted on day of release and that's not a guarantee when waiting on the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm still surprised every time I read someone say it costs this much in gamestop/argos/smyths and expect others to be surprised at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

With the Euro being so weak right now that's going to be very close to €60, add on pm to get it quickish and you're probably better off buying locally.

US PSN not much better but it's probably preloaded and an likely an earlier release date, and still cheaper.

Bloody Greeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Decided to put my order in for this again in amazon and there charging me 70 euro and thats with super saver delivery :O

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Decided to put my order in for this again in amazon and there charging me 70 euro and thats with super saver delivery :O

As mentioned above - Pound is very strong now, added irish vat and waiting time makes Amazon **** choice for latest games. Still great place to pick up some older bargains.

I think ill just go in and trade in some games for it at gamestop or wait for better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah this is the first time in recent memory I've said 'seriously just better off walking down to Smyths on release day'. Online savings are negligible, bordering on non-existent. No farting around waiting for Parcel Motel either.

Bonus: no need to break the 'first rule of buying games' and preorder either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone know if you buy this from the US store will you be stuck on US servers for online?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone know if you buy this from the US store will you be stuck on US servers for online?

i'm also considering buying from the US online store. Another problem is my internet is fairly slow, I presume this will be a fairly big download.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Capslock wrote: »
    Just rang XtraVision/HMV Tallaght, they said that they could "Not" take a deposit for Bloodborne today or tomorrow with a view to buying it on Friday with the 20% off :( they dont even know what the price is going to be yet...feel like I'm gonna get screwed on the price of this game. Especially given the fact I need to buy two copies, one for me & one for my son! :(

Was in Dundrum HVM personally in Paddy's day. and HMV staff told me I can not pre-order bloodborne, then why ad for 20% in their website??!! Bugger...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

As mentioned above - Pound is very strong now, added irish vat and waiting time makes Amazon **** choice for latest games. Still great place to pick up some older bargains.

I think ill just go in and trade in some games for it at gamestop or wait for better deal.

Went with vgp in the end, works out at 55 euro and dont mind waiting as I have FF TYPE 0 to play in the mean time.

Went with vgp in the end, works out at 55 euro and dont mind waiting as I have FF TYPE 0 to play in the mean time.

It shipped, 56 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Sony Offers Unique Promotion with Denmark Blood Bank for Bloodborne; Donate Blood and Get a Free Copy of the Game
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/18/sony-offers-unique-promotion-with-denmark-blood-bank-for-bloodborne-donate-blood-and-get-a-free-copy-of-the-game/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Typical Scandinavians with their good policies and ideas and sense... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    Typical Scandinavians with their good policies and ideas and sense... FFS

Indeed, you give blood here and you'd be lucky to get a scabby custard cream and some generic brand soft drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What's the cons about buying it on US psn bar currency rates?

• Advertisement

What's the cons about buying it on US psn bar currency rates?

You need to buy any dlc from there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

Not much of a saving buying from US PSN at the moment, only about €3 (depending on when you bought your credit).

I haven't played any of the Soul's games but strongly considering picking up the digital version of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sarn wrote: »
    Not much of a saving buying from US PSN at the moment, only about €3 (depending on when you bought your credit).

I haven't played any of the Soul's games but strongly considering picking up the digital version of this.

Play Dark Souls! Play it now :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's more being able to play it 3 days earlier than saving a few euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Prepare to Die!!! :pac:

Seriously if you get a chance play the 3 previous games from the developers.

Prepare to die and die quite often, if you have not played any of the other Souls games you will have a very steep learning curve ( incredibly fun though), these games are for masochists :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

It shipped, 56 euro.

what's vgp? could you share the link, pls :)

m_hunter wrote: »
    what's vgp? could you share the link, pls :)

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Canadian site, have been using them for years and you will have no issues with customs, will take between 8-12 days for the game to come unless you go the Fedex route and then its just 2-3 days.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Canadian site, have been using them for years and you will have no issues with customs, will take between 8-12 days for the game to come unless you go the Fedex route and then its just 2-3 days.

Did you get it from them too?

• Advertisement

Did you get it from them too?

Went with Amazon this time and had it pre ordered months ago, worked out at €57, damm Greeks owe me about €10 :mad:

Advertisement