Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Island - Bear Grylls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brilliant news!

Forgot about Lauren from the last series, she was a fox:

8CBvJDT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

If last series was anything to go by they'll probably all have to be rescued swimming to the Island. Good viewing though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

NUTZZ wrote: »
    For a comedy that looks pretty serious.

Cant wait for this to be back!

• Advertisement

Just kicking off now on Channel 4 HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just watched all of season 1 yesterday... Well impressed, glad Bear 'kind-of' stays out of it, but at times he interjects like that annoying French maitre'd in First dates.... Yabbeering on about downward spirals.
    Season 1went well for the lads... I wonder will the introduction of ladies in Season 2 yoko ono the buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not a bad episode,the insurance fella seems like a right dick,who want to move when they had at least some shelter and a fire going.The women drinking the stagnate water and the doctor telling them to drink more of it ha.
    Cant wait for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

An amputee? Seriously? What next season the blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Keplar240B wrote: »
    If they're fit enough to last the course of the programme then I don't see why not.
    Most people who leave the island do so due to not being able to deal with the mental challenge.
    I'm guessing losing a limb and dealing with the effects every day would build a decent level of mental toughness.

That and ever since they had a vegetarian on it in the last season, nothing would surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Only saw it advertised now! Feck :eek:

Missed the first episode so will have to catch up on player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Keplar240B wrote: »

Ya there was something down at the bottom of the screen about the paralympics. Fairfecks I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Catching the replay of this now, the guy Riz has a breakdown the minute they get to the beach and then snores all night so he ends up the only who got any sleep. He will be popular there I'm sure!
    Kind of silly the camera woman leaving so soon, seems like she didn't even really try. Agree with the poster who said the insurance guy was a bit of a d1ck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah Insurance guy comes off as a dick. As soon as he said 'oh well I did management' he instantly became a dick. As it was clear he was lobbying to be the person in charge. Funny tho isn't it? everyone is still wet from the swim then he came out with that.

Yeah Insurance guy comes off as a dick. As soon as he said 'oh well I did management' he instantly became a dick. As it was clear he was lobbying to be the person in charge. Funny tho isn't it? everyone is still wet from the swim then he came out with that.

yeah agree with you there, although he did temper it by saying his management experience was in fantasy football, am sure he has used that round the water cooler many times

The Island With Bear Grylls sets new record for swearing with 95 expletives in second episode
    The Island With Bear Grylls has set a new British record for swearing with 95 expletives featuring in just 45 minutes.

The language of the contestants in Monday night's episode left viewers reeling, with 67 F-bombs dropped alone, according to The Sun.

The Channel 4 show, which sees sixteen men and women dropped on an uninhabited island in the Pacific with just a 24 hours supply of water, was blasted on Twitter with many complaining it ruined the experience.

Ofcom confirmed three complaints over the language on Monday's show had been made.

Defending the decision to air the expletives Channel 4 told the paper: “The show was preceded by a warning of strong language throughout and it was appropriately scheduled after the watershed.”

Full article

Ha, didnt even notice.

Thargor wrote: »
    Ha, didnt even notice.

I have to say, I didn't notice it being that excessive either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Thargor wrote:
    Ha, didnt even notice.

Yeah, I watched it and can't actually recall noting ONE swearword nevermind enough to cause the need for complaint!!!! Wonder what that says about me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Wait, I'm confused now. It says the swearing was in the 'second ' episode? I thought it only began Monday with one hour long show. Did I miss an episode?

• Advertisement

Wait, I'm confused now. It says the swearing was in the 'second ' episode? I thought it only began Monday with one hour long show. Did I miss an episode?

No only one episode of Season 3 has aired, it's just a typo in the article from The Mirror.

No only one episode of Season 3 has aired, it's just a typo in the article from The Mirror.

says it all really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I have to say, I didn't notice it being that excessive either!

I didn't notice any, let alone excessive.

Couldn't work out the token muslim guy - does he want to be a tv personality or not.

The insurance guy is a bit of a gob - I'm sure they select this people on the basis of who's going to give us the most amusement/drama.

Hey ho - stick with it for now till it really grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I didn't notice any, let alone excessive.

Couldn't work out the token muslim guy - does he want to be a tv personality or not.

The insurance guy is a bit of a gob - I'm sure they select this people on the basis of who's going to give us the most amusement/drama.

Hey ho - stick with it for now till it really grinds my gears.

Oh totally :p
    I'd love to see the selection process. Probably put a bunch of people in a room... observe them and say "hey that guy in the blue shirt is such a arrogant jerk, he's perfect for the show!" :pac:

Anyone tune in last night, was sad to see
    the ex-army girl go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Anyone tune in last night, was sad to see ]

Yes that was very uncomfortable viewing tbh. I suppose in these programmes we're used to people just giving up after finding themselves outside their usual "creature comforts" zone but in this case that person has some serious issues to get through. It was sad to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yes that was very uncomfortable viewing tbh. I suppose in these programmes we're used to people just giving up after finding themselves outside their usual "creature comforts" zone but in this case that person has some serious issues to get through. It was sad to see.

Yes, just seen it on catchup, very uncomfortable viewing.

Sad for her because I think she was trying prove something, and sad for the group because she was the one person who could get them working together. Sad as well because she was quite likeable.

That bloody dik from insurance - needs to keep his mouth shut for about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

That bloody dik from insurance - needs to keep his mouth shut for about a month.

His face was priceless though when the woman made a bed while he arsed around for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Insurance man is a tool. Every word he says irritates me. I can only empathise with the people who had to put up with him on the island.

The stuff with hannah was very uncomfortable viewing as others have rightly pointed out. But she had some balls to even go there, the others will be in trouble without her. She brought some order to the group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Muslim geezer dropped out because of the scantily clad women. It took him 11 days to notice them :pac:

Advertisement