Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saccone Joly's

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

alroley wrote: »
    I do not understand their popularity - I can't get through 30 seconds of one of their videos because of how annoying they(well, mostly him) are.
    Oh my god guys like totally listen! You're the friendliest friend!

/killself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Suck on me Jolly's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Oh my god guys like totally listen! You're the friendliest friend!

/killself

His lack of expressive vocabulary is impressive

everything is kewl lookin

Oh that's kewl lookin, this is kewl lookin

lol

I do not understand their popularity - I can't get through 30 seconds of one of their videos because of how annoying they(well, mostly him) are.

The majority of his audience are tween girls who don't know any better and think this sit and do nothing and film it lifestyle is something to look up to and aspire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

larrlin24 wrote: »
    What are your opinions on them

Zero opinion. But reading this thread title, I assumed it was some new takeaway franchise that just arrived in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Irishchick wrote: »
    His lack of expressive vocabulary is impressive

everything is kewl lookin

Oh that's kewl lookin, this is kewl lookin

lol

Oh my gosh like cool!

Wonder do they deliberately sit in front of MTV and think.... How can I talk like a cûnt today!

Friendliest friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

anncoates wrote: »
    I think the accusation of begrudgery should be banned in here.

Taken to its extreme (as it is in here nearly every time) it's essentially stating that any criticism whatsoever of wealthy or famous people is motivated by jealously.

It's a tedious, lazy, forelock-tugging cheap shot designed to quell discussion.

Actually i think this is the perfect example of begrudgery and why ban a word just because it doesnt suit you?

As i said before, what amuses me most is the people posting on here who clearly watch this you tube channel and i am not talking about the ones who have just gone and watch a few seconds to see what we are talking about on this thread, their opinion is grand whether they like the family or not. It the people who obviously watch multiple episodes and in some cases obviously watch them every day, then They give out about the them, picking out examples of things they don't like, quote different phrases the family commonly use and put the family down and then continue on watching! Now if that is not begrudgery i don't know what is!

Seriously, if you like them thats grand, if you watch an episode and think its a load of crap and never watch them again thats no bother ( you can even write a post on here about not liking them, no problem) but to continue watching and continuously moan about them that is just ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I have no shame in saying I'm a regular SJ watcher and the Shaytards. I only got into Youtube a few years ago and I actually prefer to watch Youtube channels than the absolute crap that's on TV these days.

I actually find it amazing the hatred towards them tbh. Yes, they're portaying their lives (15-30 min edited daily snippets) but saying they're "exploiting" their children is ridiculous. The Shaytards started out years ago without a pot to p*ss in and the Saccone Joly's had no kids when they first started out. If you've watched their channel for a long time, you'll see how much love they have for their families and exploitation couldn't be further from their minds imho.

Personally, I think fair play to them.They are very selective in what they show (the Saccone Joly's refuse to show or even discuss lots of aspects of their lives) so I find it hilarious the backlash against them. They've both literally built a brand from nothing and are seriously successful. I don't see any difference between putting your child on stage or on mainstream television. Plenty of people do it but unfortunately have to put up with the weirdos and haters that go along with it. I didn't even realise there was so much hatred until I saw this thread.

With regards to their dogs. A lot of people I see on a REGULAR basis could take a leaf out of their book. They are immaculately looked after. The breed they own needs regular maintenance which they do and they're also supporters of an Irish animal welfare charity.

Why do I watch vlogs? No I'm not in happyclappy land where everything is nice and rosey. I get maybe an hour or so a day to switch off the oul brain and watch nice stuff. I choose to watch these two channels (and some beauty vlogs). It doesn't have to be earth shattering entertainment but these two channels, that I regularly watch are actually a million times better than the complete trash that is shown on tv. I don't sit there analysing their parenting techniques,what their house looks like or feel the need to post horrifically cruel comments. They may not be everyone's cup of tea but seriously, on a scale of bad parenting they wouldn't even rank as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

Just watched their trailer, I don't get why so many people now think that other people care about their inane lives and thoughts.

Fair play if they make a few bob, but not something I'd ever dream of watching.

Actually you just did ….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

What's going on? I want my tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

anniehoo wrote: »

With regards to their dogs. A lot of people I see on a REGULAR basis could take a leaf out of their book. They are immaculately looked after. The breed they own needs regular maintenance which they do and they're also supporters of an Irish animal welfare charity.

Yeah, that's why they let 2 intact dogs together and let their puppy get pregnant :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's why they let 2 intact dogs together and let their puppy get pregnant :rolleyes:

They admitted their mistake and rather than rehome or sell their pups, they kept them all, hence having 6 dogs. Jees are you "one strike and you're out?" IRL? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

anniehoo wrote: »
    They admitted their mistake and rather than rehome or sell their pups, they kept them all, hence having 6 dogs. Jees are you "one strike and you're out?" IRL? :rolleyes:

It wasn't a mistake. They purposely bred them and no they're not immaculately taken care of. They're filthy, never groomed, untrained and never walked. :rolleyes:

larrlin24 wrote: »
    They're filthy, never groomed, untrained and never walked. :rolleyes:
    Untrained I'll give you alright. They are MILES from perfect. There's plenty of moments that I cringe at. The growling (albeit between dogs is way too much).

Filthy and not groomed is untrue. Anyone who watches the vlogs can see that.

Ah here....I'm getting sucked into the analysing of the whole thing. There's better things to be worrying about than whether the Saccone Joly's have walked their dogs or not.

I watch them and don't think they're the worst in the world. Are they perfect? Nope. They don't try to be. But, leaving yourself open to public scrutiny is going to get you a lovely mixed barrel of opinions,like this. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gigi Novella

??
    The MakeUp Chair.....J did something to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Actually i think this is the perfect example of begrudgery !

You would.

You would.

do you want to elaborate on what you mean by that? you were the one talking about conversation killing lines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

do you want to elaborate on what you mean by that? you were the one talking about conversation killing lines!

People are perfectly entitled t criticize Irish celebrities (although I use the word very lightly here) without some dimwit accusing them of begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Just watched 5 mins there and honestly can't understand why anybody would be interested in it, then again, there are plenty of TV programmes I can say the same about. These guys just love the attention and feel their life is worth documenting and surprisingly a lot of people agree.

If they are making big bucks then fair fooks. I really can't understand the level of vitriol they get though, if you don't like them, don't watch them, end of. As for the exploitation of their kids? There are plenty of situations of real child neglect and child abuse that is going on that people should focus on instead, if that is their moral quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

jellyboy wrote: »
    Actually you just did ….

Well done for making a comment on something posted last April :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Just looked at their page and I see they are organising an Irish meet up in October!

Who's going? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

mauzo! wrote: »
    Just looked at their page and I see they are organising an Irish meet up in October!

Who's going? :P

Young, crazy-fun, faux american, full-of-themselves parents with apparently-cute-kids and a bunch of paid for, not rescued, handbag dogs?

Nah I think I'll pass

The MakeUp Chair.....J did something to her

Oh yeah.

She never actually said it was him though. I wish she would just come out with it

Oh yeah.

She never actually said it was him though. I wish she would just come out with it

People should not be allowed to get away with bullying. End of.

People are perfectly entitled t criticize Irish celebrities (although I use the word very lightly here) without some dimwit accusing them of begrudgery.

You are resorting to name calling now???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

My impression having just watched a video is that they don't seem to plan the video to kind of showcase an event of interest it's just well banal everyday life. There is nothing exceptional there. They don't seem like nasty people but perhaps not extremely intelligent for starters he keeps using a stupid baby voice which I assume he thinks is funny.

They seem to be from affluent backgrounds. Do they need the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

People should not be allowed to get away with bullying. End of.

:confused:

Lia_lia wrote: »
    :confused:
    It is not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This thing has exploded over the past few years, there's thousands of vloggers out there at the moment. Even I watch a guy called Trucker Josh, he works as a long distance truck driver so he's vlogging from all around the US and Canada. He has dahcams and everything setup so you get a good feel of being on the road and small town America.

• Advertisement

It is not cool

I think the confused face and certainly the reason i thanked that post is that we are not sure what it is you are talking about.... We just want in on the secret!

Advertisement