Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saccone Joly's

Options
  • 28-04-2014 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Anyone catch Jonathan Joly's interview this morning on RTE about making money from Youtube? I've always wondered what people here thought of them. Not sure I agree with them filming their kids and essentially taking away their anonymity at such a young age when they really have no say in the matter. What are your opinions on them and what they do for a living?

(For people that don't know them, they're a family living in Cork that make daily videos of their lives. It's now become their full time job!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I came across them last year, I like them.

They must be making some money tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Attention seeking drama queens with fake mid Atlantic accents, hoping to become the next big thing in reality TV and get picked up by some big American TV network.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Just watched their trailer, I don't get why so many people now think that other people care about their inane lives and thoughts.

Fair play if they make a few bob, but not something I'd ever dream of watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I can always think of something better to do than watch YouTube,even if it's nothing.

Some good instructional videos though ti be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I don't watch their videos due to the reason that I watched a couple but found Jonathan voice so weird and annoying that I just had to turn it off. The dogs are a bit weird too! To document every minute of your life most be so weird. You#d never just enjoy the moment you'd always be thinking 'oh better blog this', it's just strange to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They're annoying.

Very annoying.

I don't understand why anyone would be interested in watching such inane people on a regular basis.

If they continue to put their kids up on the web in this odd little show then I could see some serious resentment in their offspring's future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

How much do they make?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I find them mildly irritating, their kids are beautiful though. There's a massive community of people online that despise them, they've been reported to the I.S.P.C.A and to social services people hate them so much, which is over stepping the line imo.

They make no impact on me either way, tbh. I'd never film myself giving birth and then put it online though. I feel sorry for the kids in the sense that they have no choice in it and when they're older they'll potentially end up resenting the parents for taking away so much of their privacy. I know I wouldn't appreciate every candid moment of my every day life as a toddler being broadcast to millions of people online.

And whats with their sons name? Eduardo? I mean, WHY, just why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Just watched some of their stuff.your man is.in the top three most annoying people I've ever come across.I really could have gone through life not know he existed.what's worse is he's a fellow cork man.Yer one is a ride all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

And whats with their sons name? Eduardo? I mean, WHY, just why?

It's a tribute to Anna's father who passed away a couple of years ago.

Jijsaw wrote: »
    It's a tribute to Anna's father who passed away a couple of years ago.
    Ah, oops, now I feel bad!:o Still, I really don't like the husband or that fact that they have that many dogs and they put bows in their hair. The wife seems fairly normal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Oh those shîts. I had to look the name up on youtube. I had seen a video on one of those popular lists.

No thanks. They ain't making no money from my views… :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Ah, oops, now I feel bad!:o Still, I really don't like the husband or that fact that they have that many dogs and they put bows in their hair. The wife seems fairly normal though.

My cousin is friends with Anna's sister Erika.
    To be honest I can't stand their videos either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Is this a thinly veiled way of boosting your YT views ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Are you accusing me of being Anna or Jonathan? I can assure you I'm not. I was just curious to see if people felt the same way about them as I do!

That seems unlikely since the OP was actually remarking that he/she didn't agree with the fact that they were putting their kids on YouTube. He/she just wanted to know if other people had watched their videos and what they thought. You don't have to go look them up if you don't know who they are ya know, looking them up on Google isn't going to add millions to their bank balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I watch these guys and a few other youtubers every now and then.
    I think a lot of the negative opinions that Anna and Jonathan and other youtubers get is because people who dislike them just keep watching their videos just to have something to moan about. There is a website 100% dedicated to dissecting every youtuber. This website is contributed to by people who claim to hate them. Now, I don't know about other people but if I hate something that much, I just don't bother with it :confused:

I enjoy the videos. They're not perfect people, nor do they claim to be.
    All the youtubers earn their money the same way as everybody else, by working, it just so happens that their "job" is easier than others, that's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I enjoy the videos.

This is a genuine question - why do you enjoy the videos?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

I watched these for the first time last week. It's decent.

And they are LOVELY. I'd take a guess he is 10 times the man of some of the weasels giving out about him.
    They have a really positive outlook on life that kind of gets under your skin. It's surprising how nice it is to see people actually capable of enjoying their lives.

He wakes up the little one going, 'How are you, my friendliest friend.' 'Friend!' The quality or production is v high too, v easy on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    This is a genuine question - why do you enjoy the videos?

:confused:

Why do people enjoy Eastenders? Why do people enjoy football matches? They (and I'm talking about all the youtubers I watch, not just Anna and Jonathan) entertain me. I work in a very demanding job, I have a very full life so once or twice a week I switch off and watch some videos.
    The majority of the youtubers I watch do make up/beauty/style advice and review videos. I'm a woman, I think it's fairly self-explanatory why I watch those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

zetalambda wrote: »
    Attention seeking drama queens with fake mid Atlantic accents, hoping to become the next big thing in reality TV and get picked up by some big American TV network.

In other words: tossers.

Tbh Hell Ram they just aren't tossers. (I think I'd recognise one at this stage)

They're nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

I like them, not sure what it us but I do find my self watching regularly, as another person pointed out why do people watch soaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

larrlin24 wrote: »
    Anyone catch Jonathan Joly's interview this morning on RTE about making money from Youtube? I've always wondered what people here thought of them. Not sure I agree with them filming their kids and essentially taking away their anonymity at such a young age when they really have no say in the matter. What are your opinions on them and what they do for a living?

(For people that don't know them, they're a family living in Cork that make daily videos of their lives. It's now become their full time job!)

Is this the lad with the massive mobile phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I actually feel like I should be embarrassed by saying I watch pretty much 90% of their vlogs yet I don't know why. I don't watch any other reality TV as it is all staged and faked (I would have enjoyed the first couple of Big Brothers when you had genuine people) but this is as real as can be. Bascially they will have days where they don't even leave the house but yet, because they are positive people with 2 lovely children, it's nice to watch.

I certainly don't think they highlight their haters because they get plenty of abuse online without mentioning it. They have had issues with her car being keyed and this week they had to go to the Guards as they received a card threating the rape of their toddler baby which is nuts...

They have probably on average 160,000 views of their videos every night which is mindblowing considering its just video filmed with a basic canon point and click camera and one man editing it on a laptop. I'm sure RTE would love to have that viewership every single day with such a low production cost.

Anna also has a seperate channel which draws nearly 100,000 views every day so that over a quarter of a million views daily! What RTE shows are doing that?

With people like these two, there is always going to be haters. They have a lovely house, drive a Porche and Mercedes and seem to have a very easy life with minimal work to do, and 2 lovely kids so, I would imagine that they are going to have jealous begrudgers - its what we do well.....

i think fair play to them, they saw an opportunity and took it. This month they are uprooting the whole family and the 6 dogs to move to London, to help further their career and not many would take that risk, particulary with a 1 month baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

Caledonia wrote: »
    Tbh Hell Ram they just aren't tossers. (I think I'd recognise one at this stage)

They're nice.

Sorry, but people who exploit their infants on YouTube for money and popularity are tossers in my book.

• Advertisement

That's a pity they're moving, I liked that it was Irish.
    It's like a fecking love letter to Cork.
    Agree the views are through the roof.

Advertisement