Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saccone Joly's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

Hell Ram wrote: »
    QUOTE=Caledonia;90144866]Tbh Hell Ram they just aren't tossers. (I think I'd recognise one at this stage)

They're nice.

Sorry, but people who exploit their infants on YouTube for money and popularity are tossers in my book.[/QUOTE]

The last thing you need to worry about is those kids' welfare. Save it for the kids being brought up by actual tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The last thing you need to worry about is those kids' welfare. Save it for the kids being brought up by actual tossers.

In fairness pictures of their daughter have been copied and used on these creepy role playing profiles on instagram, where the owner of the profile pretends to be the baby (in this case their daughter) and other users comment pretending to be the baby's "mommy", only some of it isn't that innocent. I won't say any more, you can imagine what kind of things are said, its disturbing.

This has been brought to their attention by concerned fans numerous times and they've done nothing to stop it. I know if it was me I'd be getting all public pictures of my child offline immediately.

I know this just from reading the comments under the videos. I used to really like them and watch their videos until they did nothing about the photos being stolen, now I think they're fame hungry idiots because they're putting their child's safety at risk for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

BrianJD wrote: »
    people like these two, there is always going to be haters. They have a lovely house, drive a Porche and Mercedes and seem to have a very easy life with minimal work to do, and 2 lovely kids so, I would imagine that they are going to have jealous begrudgers - its what we do well......

No everyone is simply a begrudger (I'd no clue about their cars etc), some of us simply like to maintain a certain level of integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What's the deal with the accent?that's not a cork accent .

smurgen wrote: »
    What's the deal with the accent?that's not a cork accent .

Anna spent part of her childhood living in America. No idea what Jonathan's excuse is, he's from the heart of Dublin :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iForgetMyPW

They make me cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Is he still doing the joke with the big mobile phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iForgetMyPW

and the fella has the most punchable ugly face i've ever seen. I guarantee his wife will start banging a younger stud behind his back ..well if she is not already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

and the fella has the most punchable ugly face i've ever seen. I guarantee his wife will start banging a younger stud behind his back ..well if she is not already :)

His over the top zany persona is what gets me.the state of his tattoos .The accent is unforgivable also.if this is the sort of stuff that people are into nowadays then I'm out of touch at a very young age.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Anna spent part of her childhood living in America. No idea what Jonathan's excuse is, he's from the heart of Dublin :confused:

The heart of Dublin? That makes me think of the city centre, from one of the clips he's from Terenure but living in Cork years.

If you actually watch the videos it's very hard not to like them.

I suppose you can say about yourself that you have a lot of integrity...it just seems there's a lot of fairly **** people out there and this couple aren't amongst them.

• Advertisement

Exhibit A -Actual Tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

zetalambda wrote: »
    Attention seeking drama queens with fake mid Atlantic accents, hoping to become the next big thing in reality TV and get picked up by some big American TV network.

Oh yeah of course they are ! how dare they try to make a living ! seems like a case of tall poppy syndrome to me, I wish them well with their endeavours. They seem like nice people.

Caledonia wrote: »
    The heart of Dublin? That makes me think of the city centre, from one of the clips he's from Terenure but living in Cork years.

If you actually watch the videos it's very hard not to like them.

I suppose you can say about yourself that you have a lot of integrity...it just seems there's a lot of fairly **** people out there and this couple aren't amongst them.

I've watched the vast majority of their videos, I liked them for years. I always found Jonathan to be irritating but I could see he was a good husband and father so it didn't put me off watching. I stopped liking them when they ignored the fact that pictures of their child were being used on creepy websites and they did nothing about it.

I find them mildly irritating these days, I watch from time to time to see how they're doing but I have zero respect for them for not acting on the safety of their daughter.

I think they're good people and parents and I also think they're kind of annoying. The two don't go hand in hand, its not one or the other.

Caledonia wrote: »

Of course they're hardly the worst people in the world, but in this context it doesn't sit right me. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They're like a poor mans Shaytards! Shaytards FTW, SacconeJolys FTFail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

How do you know they've done nothing about photos of the kid being used? I've never actually seen any of what you're talking about with regard to instagram accounts so I don't know much about that side of things.
    Maybe they have done all they can but I assume there is no way of instagram stopping people just creating another account and using the photos again?

If there are photos of the kid around the place and they are getting threatened etc. I would assume they have reported it to whoever they need to and are looking after this in the background and are trying to give the crazy people as little publicity as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

Sure there biggest viewer ship is in the states. Your man his a company based in the states. Well that is what he tells people. They are all so up and leaving Ireland for a year to London where as far as I can tell is with a different YouTube agent where the u.k top youtubers are.

Sure the wife drives a BMW amd she isnt long drivingand he has a porsche.

They where a great watch when they lived in the last house before this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Oh yeah of course they are ! how dare they try to make a living ! seems like a case of tall poppy syndrome to me, I wish them well with their endeavours. They seem like nice people.

Yeah but you don't have to prostitute yourself on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

i think fair play to them, they saw an opportunity and took it. This month they are uprooting the whole family and the 6 dogs to move to London, to help further their career and not many would take that risk, particulary with a 1 month baby.

Their career being what, exactly?

I just tried to watch a couple of video's, but couldn't get past the annoying accents.

gg2 wrote: »
    Their career being what, exactly?.

Pimps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why do people enjoy Eastenders? Why do people enjoy football matches? They (and I'm talking about all the youtubers I watch, not just Anna and Jonathan) entertain me. I work in a very demanding job, I have a very full life so once or twice a week I switch off and watch some videos.
    The majority of the youtubers I watch do make up/beauty/style advice and review videos. I'm a woman, I think it's fairly self-explanatory why I watch those.

I'm not making fun. I'm just genuinely curious why you enjoy them.

I can understand why people like most things (even if I don't like them myself). Soaps have storylines, sports has excitement, beauty advice has practical stuff going on. For me these guys videos seem to be kinda like watching someone else's holiday video - kinda interesting for the people in the videos but not for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

gg2 wrote: »
    Their career being what, exactly?

I just tried to watch a couple of video's, but couldn't get past the annoying accents.

I suppose their career being a YouTube partner.

At the end of the day if we had an opportunity to have their lifestyle for 1 hrs work a day, the vast majority of us would do it. I don't understand how it's prostituting their kids. Both Kids are very lucky to have 2 parents with them all day and both come across as excellent parents.

I suppose their career being a YouTube partner.

At the end of the day if we had an opportunity to have their lifestyle for 1 hrs work a day, the vast majority of us would do it. I don't understand how it's prostituting their kids. Both Kids are very lucky to have 2 parents with them all day and both come across as excellent parents.

Because they are putting out lots of information, videos and photos of their children online in the first place. Their kids aren't old enough to consent to it and they might one day end up resenting the parents for it. I know I wouldn't be happy if a daily account of my life as a baby/toddler was viewable online for the world to see.

If they want to make videos of themselves, go ahead, absolutely. But they shouldn't have the kids in them until they're old enough to consent to the videos being put online. That's why its seen as prostituting their children. How would you feel if there was footage of you the very second you emerged from your mothers womb online?! Its just really inappropriate imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Their kids are going to turn out like Chaz Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

i think fair play to them, they saw an opportunity and took it. This month they are uprooting the whole family and the 6 dogs to move to London, to help further their career and not many would take that risk, particulary with a 1 month baby.

Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Saccone Joly's? I thought this was some new restaurant/takeaway that just opened somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm not making fun. I'm just genuinely curious why you enjoy them.

I can understand why people like most things (even if I don't like them myself). Soaps have storylines, sports has excitement, beauty advice has practical stuff going on. For me these guys videos seem to be kinda like watching someone else's holiday video - kinda interesting for the people in the videos but not for anyone else.

I didn't think you were making fun.
    Their videos are obviously interesting for lots of people. They're also not the only ones doing it so they're not an anomally.
    WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Because they are putting out lots of information, videos and photos of their children online in the first place. Their kids aren't old enough to consent to it and they might one day end up resenting the parents for it. I know I wouldn't be happy if a daily account of my life as a baby/toddler was viewable online for the world to see.

If they want to make videos of themselves, go ahead, absolutely. But they shouldn't have the kids in them until they're old enough to consent to the videos being put online. That's why its seen as prostituting their children. How would you feel if there was footage of you the very second you emerged from your mothers womb online?! Its just really inappropriate imo.

Children have to do lots of things they have no say in.
    If I had a choice between the childhood I had and the childhood they're giving their children, I know what I would choose.
    I'm sure they thought long and hard about everything involving their children before going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Anyone who calls their mam "mom" in Ireland is in need of a clatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

My daughter watches them regularly, along with a couple of American channels.

It's innocent enough for an 8 year old.

To be honest, my real concern is the adult female fans they have. They sem to think they know them & are living their lives vicariously through them.

They recently brought out a range of tshirt a & the amount of seemingly normal women paying €25 for one € then tweeting a picture of themselves wearing one.

He's a decent businessman, knows his market & plays to it. I think London will be a mistake though. They're a novelty here & they'll probably loose that. Would have been more successful moving to the US for a while.

I did a quick analysis of his views & estimate his earnings at about €325k a year. He almost doubled his audience & views when he invites an American family who do the same thing over. Got a large share of their numbers. Clever marketing.

I have a concern about GW amount of product placement these channels are getting now though. Evantube for example regularly gets free trips to hotels & huge boxes of toys which feature very heavily. Business for those folks, but unregulated advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

OU812 wrote: »
    My daughter watches them regularly, along with a couple of American channels.

It's innocent enough for an 8 year old.

To be honest, my real concern is the adult female fans they have. They sem to think they know them & are living their lives vicariously through them.

They recently brought out a range of tshirt a & the amount of seemingly normal women paying €25 for one € then tweeting a picture of themselves wearing one.

He's a decent businessman, knows his market & plays to it. I think London will be a mistake though. They're a novelty here & they'll probably loose that. Would have been more successful moving to the US for a while.

I did a quick analysis of his views & estimate his earnings at about €325k a year. He almost doubled his audience & views when he invites an American family who do the same thing over. Got a large share of their numbers. Clever marketing.

I have a concern about GW amount of product placement these channels are getting now though. Evantube for example regularly gets free trips to hotels & huge boxes of toys which feature very heavily. Business for those folks, but unregulated advertising.

Sure he wants to move to L.A. The wife gets annoying. She wouldn't know what a hard days work is.

Advertisement